Green days?!

sully123

Help! Ive done Extra Easy for a week now an have my first WI tomorrow morning. Have found it very simple and "easy" to follow however I am wanting to now try Green for a week. I'm really confused over the healthy extras. I understand I can have 2 A & 2 B. So for A I could have milk and cheese, but I don't understand the B? I could have 2 lots of meat, fish or yet more cheese?? That means I could eat practically an entire block of cheese if I chose it for all my Healthy extras! How could this possibly work??!! X

No, the maximum four HEXes of cheese would be is 120g, which isnt *THAT* much ;) Yes you can have four HEXes of cheese if you want but you could also have meat, or nuts/seeds, or dried fruit or soup or cereal or crispbread or a gazillion other things ;)

A HEX works out at around 6 syns/120cals - whatever it is a HEX of - theres no mystery behind it. You get more HEXes on Green as your already limiting the amount of meat you're eating by having to syn/HEX it, instead of it being entirely free, and you till need some fat/fibre in your diet so thats what your extra HEX is for. Its only another 120 calories, which is probably less than what you would have eaten in meat on an EE/Red day.

Also in my book it says I can have 65g of fresh salmon. Is that cooked or raw weight at it doesn't say? X

Online it days "fresh", so raw I guess.

Not so good lol! Bad week diet wise. Had stressful week and some bad news but will be back on it tomorrow. Have planned my meals and stocked up on fruit, veg and salad. Gonna do a mixture of EE and Green days depending on what we are having for tea. X

sorry to hear it hasnt been a good week. stick with it hon. I have the contraceptive injection which is due soon and have major cravings for choc at the mo x

I only do green days, normally use both my hexb's for meat with my evening meal and my hexa's for milk with an options hot choc or cheese. I'm sure once you get back on track you'll get into the swing of things - good luck!

Back