Green didn't work *sob*

Lisaberry

Silver Member
Well, my attempt at green (well, a veggie EE as I still had the superfree, 1 B etc) didn't work.
I lost a pound but after putting on 2 the week before my hope was to get that 2 off again.

I feel really down about it as I really needed to get my shopping bill down. However, I also need to be back at target by summer or I need to buy new summer clothes as none of my pre pregnancy ones fit

Waaah!

Am a bit confused :confused: Did you do green? If so why deny yourself that other healthy extra?
Also you lost a lb so it did work!:) May not have got the result you wanted but there are no guarantees on the amounts can lose and different plans do work differently for different people but green worked really well for me and I lost around 6 stone on it so I would say give it another go!
What plan were you doing before then if you are veggie and this was the first week you were doing green? Did you do a food diary this week?

I usually do red. I gave green a go mainly for the cost benefit.
I was trying to do it EE style hoping it would help the weight loss... When I got to target (before having my 2nd baby) I never ever did green.

I didn't do a food diary but a typical day was:

A- milk
B - hifi bar

Brekkie: none (I find it hard to eat in the mornings, never hungry but I have a dodgy gall bladder so am usually in a fair bit of pain before the codeine kicks in)

Lunch: jacket spud with beans and lots of lettuce
Snack: mango

Dinner: mushy pea curry, small serving of rice and stir fried veggies
Pud: from frais and fruit
Syns: exl Philly and an Allen light bar

That's about right for a day isn't it? (I know the brekkie thing isn't good but I can't help it really. If I wake up and I'm feeling ok I'll have a banana and a yogurt or something

No offence, but you are already within a healthy BMI range and want to lose only a little more weight. So losing a pound in a week is actually a very successful outcome. Are you sure that your target weight is a reasonable one?

On the question of HEBs you could have taken the philly as a HEB on a green day, or even split half and half with the alpen light and had some more syns.

Do you do any exercise? Sometime if you only want to lose a few pounds then exercise is the best way to do it.

I am more than happy with a 1lb a week tbh.

And i love the Red & Green days because I really do need my two HeX A and my two HeX B's... by the time i've had my cereal and my milk; and my scan bran and my Laughing Cows - they are done. I would personally struggle to get through the day if wasn't for those HeX.

And why a "small" portion of rice and veg? I know you don't have to go overboard but you could have a "normal - sensible" portion of rice and veg.

It doesn't look as if you eat much at all... i fill in a food dairy and i'm struggling for space where my free food goes...

Good luck lovely - and don't be down, you have done amazingly well!! Chin up!!

Lx

Thanks for all the responses!
I'm usually fine with a pound (well I'm coming to terms with it) but as I'd put on 2 pounds before I really wanted that off and am pretty sure I would have got it on red.
I know. With my BMI I can't expect wonders but I don't think my goal is unrealistic - it's where I was before and I managed to maintain at that weight I just seem to be finding it harder to get there this time.

Perhaps I'm being a bit hard on carbs? I might stick to red until I get my next sticker (2 pounds) and then try again. I'm well aware that in order to maintain when I get to target that I need to introduce carbs into my diet. A life without spuds us no life at all lol!

Oh and just to add....

1 and B has never been a problem for me. I can't stand cereal so don't use them up there and I try to avoid bread as it seems to bloat me out.

Also, it was just the rice that was a small portion - I had nearly a whole pack of stir fry veg.

I always eat loads of veg....I guess you get used to it if you do red as you need lots of it to bulk out your meals.

If you're doing green you should follow plan as it is laid out for you - all healthy extras, normal portions and syns. Do it by the book and try again with green, its all I have ever done and I love it x

Lisa honey.. your a typical example of 'creating your own rules' .. just because you usually 'get on fine' with 1 HEB and HEA when following green or red really doesnt make it right- meaning you cannot claim green doesnt work for you.. because in order for it to not work, you have to follow it, by the letter.. and if that means finding a extra HEB to have then thats what you have to do.

Personally i am of the belief that all the plans work, but each plan certainly works better than the others for some. for example, some ladies in my group loose masses on red weeks.. but i loose well on green and EE but never on red. . i even did the fishy week for two weeks and lost 1 measly lb, compared to the 5, 6,7, 8 lb losses some of the other girls on here were getting. I was gutted, cos i hate fish too lol.. but it worked because i still LOST, but it didnt work well for me.

i think you need to re consider your portion sizes maybe, your not eating enough is usually first port of call. Maybe your like me- you put all that veg on your plate but by the time you get to it you dont really want it.. but youv still had 1/3 cos it was on your plate right? lol.. we all have our little things. Were not all angels. My scales broke weeks ago and so i havnt been able to weigh my cheese. i genuinly keep forgetting to go and get batterys.. but had that happened in the beginning of my journey i would have super panicked! we all get a little lax.. we all let things slide occasionally.. and then when we put our all into it 100% and expect loads, and it doesnt happen it really knocks you.

Keep at it hon, youl get there and youl find what works for you best but you HAVE to do it properly. otherwise your following lisa'slimming plan.. not slimmingworld.

While I agree with most of what Fern has said I disagree on the subject of HEs - SW make it clear that HEs are not there to promote weight loss and that you do not have to use them if you do not want to.

Yes, they are important for a balanced diet and we should encourage people to use them (not least because when you get to target you need to eat even more of them - which has never been a problem for me :D). If you eating a balanced diet you will get calcium, protein and fibre from other foods as well. But choosing not to use the full allocation of HEs does not mean that you are not following the plan correctly.

iv never had a problem with extra HEB's either *chuckles*

I get your point circes i do, but i just think missing out a HEB is the same principle as 'changing' it for somthing you prefer, (alpens to.. cornflakes..for example) i just think the plans are set out a certain way because they work, so by cutting it out it *could* affect your losses* .. plus, why miss a HEB, they'r yum. LOL

I definitely think you are not eating enough, I know Slimming World is not a calorie controlled diet, but if you added up what you have eaten in a day, it would be well well under what your daily recommended calories intake would be to lose weight.

Like Circes has said you don't have to eat all the recommended Healthy Extras's, but to be honest I would be a bit worried you are not getting enough healthy nutrients into your day, because a) you rarely eat breakfast and b) you are not eating much at your other meals times. So more than anyone I think you should definately be having your healthy extras.

Like Fern said, the plan is working because you lost weight. I all too often see people saying extra easy or green etc isn't working for me as I only lost a pound. But what we have to remember is everyone's metabolism is completely different and people lose weight at different rates. If you are following the plan 100% and weight is coming off, even if it is only at 1/2 lb a week, then the plan does work.

Healthy eating unfortunately is not a race or short term thing, it is something we have to adhere to for life. If we want to keep that weight we have lost off for good.

Back