Green/red meals. Inspiration needed!!

princessnicky

Ive restarted (again!) and im already getting so bored with eating the same meals!

On green days we have JPs, quorn spag bol, cottage pie(mince HeB), veg pasta bake, egg chips & beans, veg lasange or cajan wedges n salad.

Hardly have red days as i love lots of carbs; but we have beef stew, chicken casserole, new york chicken and mixed grill.

Boring. Yawn!!

What do all you guys have?

Also i need a slimming buddy as my bf is pretty useless. Ive got another 4-5 stone to loose :-(

I tend to do green days as well. I'm on my second week of SW. I've made some chicken biryani (HEx B), aloo gobi (free) and today I'm making chicken stir fry (HEx B). I got a few other recipes saved but haven't tried anything else yet. :)

I've been eating a lot of homemade soup - had tomato, lentil, chilli and chickpea which was lovely and also broccoli and potato which was really filling. Try the BBC/Good food website - a lot of the recipes are SW friendly or can be easily adapted.

I've tried to cook at least one new recipe each week - some of them have become regular favourites and some were less successful but at least it helps prevent boredom!

I like making a hearty mixed bean chilli and rice. It's extra good with a hexa of grated cheese. Yum!

Back