Green Days GREEN DAY ADVICE

charl_young

Gold Member
Hi! I've been doing SW for ages now, and I'm doing a little test to see what plan works best for me, I usually do red/EE with an odd green day, but for my green week I'm a bit stuck for meal plan ideas, this is what I've come up with so far, so any of you lovely greenies who could help me come up with some more things would be fab! As I'd like to try some new stuff really as I get quite inventive on red days.

THANK UUU :)

Green days ideas

Vege burgers, chips and corn on the cob
Vege sausage casserole
Tofu noodles and veg
Quorn fajitas, wedges and wrap (?)
Jacket potatoes with beans/chilli beans and hexA cheese
Frittata with lots of veg and quorn
Homemade pesto
Vege chilli with brown rice and hexA cheese
SW chips or wedges with beans a cheese
Omelettes with spinach, tomato and mushroom
Macaroni cheese
Potato and broccoli bake
Minestrone soup (minus the ham!)
Pea and mint soup
Leek and potato soup
Riso gallo risotto with peas an mushrooms added
Tofu 'fried' rice

Oooh, I'm a big fan of experimental weeks!

I did a green week and I ate:

Vegetable curry
Mushroom risotto
Chicken fajitas (B for the chicken obviously!) with mung bean wraps
Pizza (I used a wrap but you could go for a smash base) because of the lovely extra cheese allowances.
Bean chilli with tostones (plantain)
LM red onion sausages and mash
Red lentil stew

I really enjoyed my green week (but I did STS :(, I don't think it agrees with me)

I've had a look through some of my diaries (I do a written one of full day menus aswell as my one on here) and some ideas for you

Breakfast-Fruit with FF yogurt or muller, mid morning some ryvitas (HEXb) with HEXa cheese allowance and tomatoes and cucumbers
Dinner-Plain couscous with loads of veg and some balsamic vinegar
Tea-asda chosen for you tin of chickpea dahl (free) with added veg to make a veg curry, rice
Thats basically all free so can add some syns in

Other dinners and teas can be omelettes, frittatas, pizza toasties (pizzas were the base is toasted bread), layered salad with loads of veg grated carrot sweetcorn abit of mayo etc, beans on toast, jacket potato with basically anything on top. Teas, veg curry, veg pasta, veg stir frys, quorn sausage and mash, or can have any meat for tea as a HEXb, sometimes I save my HEXs so can have salmon or chicken fillet at night for tea

I usually do a lot of stirfries with loads of random veg (whatever's languishing and needs using up haha!) with egg noodles and some quorn chicken if you have it/fancy it :) For the sauce I usually just chuck in a frozen cube each of chilli, garlic and ginger and lots of soy sauce!

One of my favourite green day meals is a kind of 'savoury rice' (I eat lots of rice on green days, and otherwise!) - shallots finely sliced (or milk, sweet onions if you don't have them) and fried gently until soft and caramelising, diced carrots (quite small so they cook quick as it's not boiled or anything), courgette diced small again, fried off for 5 minutes or so with the shallots and a cube of frozen garlic (or a fresh clove minced) and then add 2 tbsps of sweet chilli sauce and 1tbsp soy sauce and then mix everything up with enough rice for 3/4 portions :) I have that on it's own as a meal or snack!

I love Hex meals on green e.g. a toastie with 30g cheddar and some tomato or pickle (Branston is 1 syn per tbsp, I think!) which is a really yummy late night snack :) Other than that, plate fulls of slimming world chips and carrot chips with salads etc!

Vegetable soup - chop up loads of random vegetables, boil with veg stock and seasoning and blitz if you want a smooth soup.

Jacket potato with creamy mushrooms - fry off loads of mushrooms and half an onion in fry light and add a tbsp of quark and a splash of strong veg stock, mix all up to make a saucy mess and pour over a jacket!

Other than that, here are some green day recipes on my blog:

Chilli Non Carne | The Ramblings of a Mad Woman
Creamy Vegetable Pie | The Ramblings of a Mad Woman
Syn Free Mushroom and Courgette Risotto | The Ramblings of a Mad Woman
A Moroccan Slow Cooker Miracle! | The Ramblings of a Mad Woman this one has chicken but easily could be replaced with quorn chicken!
Syn Free Jambalaya! | The Ramblings of a Mad Woman this one also has chicken and bacon, but last time I made it I left them out as I was having green days and it was still yummy :)

THANKS!!! :) lots of ideas there. Fab!

SallyVater.. Mung bean wraps??? I'm very curious about these?

I agree I'm not entirely sure carbs agree with me which is why I'm usually a red girl but I thought I'd just test it out without the constant plan swapping! X

Pasta bake with quorn pieces and vegetables
Quorn shepherds pie
Quorn and vegetable chilli
SW Pizza made with a WW Tortilla Wrap (5.5 Syns) and served with potato wedges
Mushy pea curry

^^^ Just a few of the things I eat on Green days :)

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/227826-syn-free-wrap.html

Linky for you. As you can see from that thread there is some controversy about whether these are a free food or whether this is food abuse. Personally I think that have one wrap with a main meal would not be a problem as it's just the same as eating chicken with some beans!

The wraps themselves have a bit of a nutty flavour IMO, I really enjoyed it and it was V filling

Here's a pic of my chicken fajita and wrap night!

image-2265425005.jpg

I lurve trying different things every week, it keeps me from eating the same stuff and getting bored - it's also brilliant for working out which plans work best for you. I'm on a red week this week after a good month of EE. It's a bit weird to be back to eating celeriac/squash chips and mash! :D

Wow that looks fab! Def going to try that, I've always thought the smash pizzas were food abuse, a packet of smash really is quite a lot to eat ESP with the toppings and that quite a lot of people have SW chips with them too! but 1 wrap should be ok, I hope the kids will like them too!

I'm having a red week too this week, this is for next week so I can do a shop and plan a bit, Coq au vin tonight with roast squash, swede mash and fine beans :) yum!

Cor that sounds nice! I'm having chilli out of the freezer and a jacket. INTERESTING!

You're quite welcome to have a look at my food diary, I usually take pictures of stuff I've cooked. I think my green week starts on page 8

Thanks I'll totally have a peek your food sounds well up my street :)

I went way over on the wine measurements so gonna have to use more SYNS now! Wah! X

I only do green days and I love them! You can have such a massive variety from proper inventive food to quick and easy. My favourites are:

Mushroom risotto or butternut squash and sage risotto. For a low carb/low GI option I use pearl barley and make it into an orzotto
Spag bol made with lentils or quorn (had this tonight with quorn - yum!)
Stirfried veggies with pressed tofu, marinated in soy, garlic, ginger and five spice.
Roasted broccoli, chickpeas and garlic with cheesy mash
Quorn chilli with rice (or taco trays for 2 syns each), cheese and plain yogurt instead of sour cream
Aloo gobi, saag aloo... any veggie curry really. Cauliflower, spinach and green beans are my favourite curry veg.
Lentil dhal with a WW naan bread (5.5 syns)
Veggie shepherds pie with mashed sweet potato, swede and swede on top. I vary how I do the sauce but last time I used baked beans and quorn mince plus onion, mushroom and garlic and it was lovely!
Root veg stew done in the slow cooker with butter beans and pearl barley
Sweet potato, butternut squash, red pepper and chilli soup

Have a look in my diary if you want any recipes/want to see more but I hope that helps! :) x

Thank u! Xx

Back