Green tea extract

Mrs Pink

Banned
Just saw this on offer in Holland and Barrett - the salesperson told me it was for "helping weight loss".
Here is a link to a site talking about evidence that it raises the metabolism and speeds fat oxidisation
Green Tea Extract Increases Metabolism, May Aid in Weight Loss

I was wondering whether this was safe to take while on Cambridge? If so, it looks worth a shot! You take one a day and they are selling 200 for under £5
Mrs P

Don't know. But if it's true, I'd just go with drinking green tea, rather than taking the extract. I couldn't say if the extract came in sugary coated capsules or anything else that may affect ketosis.
Also by having it in tea form you would be able to count this in your quota for daily liquid intake:D

I have now bought some! Ingredients are "green tea extract, capsule shell (gelatine), maltodextrin, calcium sulphate, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide)"
Does that help with deciding whether or not it is ok?
Thanks Lenwie but I'm afraid I dont like the taste unless it is the one with lemon juice which must be a definite no-no!
Mrs P

I wouldn't waste my money I only drink green tea and its never helped with weight loss. The only thing I can think of is that tea and coffee act as a diuretic and if your not putting the water back in you would appear to lose weight.

I wouldn't waste my money I only drink green tea and its never helped with weight loss. The only thing I can think of is that tea and coffee act as a diuretic and if your not putting the water back in you would appear to lose weight.

You saying this comes as no surprise somehow.

And yes agree with the diuretic bit, it's why I drink coffee.

Love from
Fat Fingers grrr

some of us do anything to lose that extra wee bit (pardon the pun):whistle: :innocent0001:

:sigh: well that's burst my bubble! Think I'll take it anyway - appears to have other health benefits ....

Sorry didnt mean to burst your bubble but green tea does have things that help those antioxidants. Keep taking it.:)

Back