Greetings fellow slimmererers!!!! On SW and just ate a giant muffin... OOPPPS

Zenloola

I WILL fit my clothes!
How doo fellow weight loss lovers!

I started slimming world a few weeks ago after hitting an all time high on the scales! I suffer from depression sometimes and when I have a major bout MAN DO I HIT THE FRIDGE! so after a pretty stressful year filled with caring for my grandma with dementia and teaching in a scary scary secondary school where the children all tried to murder each other I no longer fit into ANY of my own clothes.

I'd been wearing jogging bottoms and T shirts and started noticing even THEY were getting tight. The other day I finally went shopping and discovered I was 3 dress sizes bigger than I'd EVER been in my life! I'm hitting a 22...

So I promptly joined SW (ive done WW before but the group leader was not to my taste and the SW lady is BRILLIANT!!) so.... first week I lost 4lb and then went on holiday for 2 weeks... long story short if I haven't gained after all that blue cheese and chocolate my metabolism is amazing haha.

Got weigh in thursday so I'm gonna try get back on the wagon before but I wanted to join this ERE forum because I always visit it anyway when I google syns and my group leader reccommended it as a GREAT place for motivation from others so HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My name is Zenloola and I'll be here as much as I can XX
:)

Hi Zenloola you sound like you had tough times so not surprising you hit the fridge! I've had stuff going on also was almost 22 at my biggest 6 weeks ago when i started Slimming World. Sounds like you have made a good start so far so good luck. I've got class on thursday too not looking forward to it this week i really think i've gained! but we will see. Hope your a looser!

x
x

Hello Zenloola and welcome! I tend to sometimes binge and then feel guilty but i think it's important to realise that one bad day does not mean it has to be a bad week that's how i think :) just i get on with being good and not thinking about the bad days everybody has them after all!

I find slimming world brilliant as well it focuses on what you can eat rather than what you cant! I'd say if you can afford it try snacking on berries as most are superfree hope you keep it up :)

Hey Futuredoc, thanks for the encouragement - I WILL KEEP IT UP! I've told myself I have to. I know I'll keep falling off the wagon but I'm determined to keep getting back on it. I just can't afford to be this heavy and therefore unhappy forever. :)

yay :) at least i've given out some encouragement it always makes me feel betetr talking to like minded people either at a group or online!

Hello Zenloola and welcome! I tend to sometimes binge and then feel guilty but i think it's important to realise that one bad day does not mean it has to be a bad week that's how i think :) just i get on with being good and not thinking about the bad days everybody has them after all!

I find slimming world brilliant as well it focuses on what you can eat rather than what you cant! I'd say if you can afford it try snacking on berries as most are superfree hope you keep it up :)

I love berries.

I wish I did - I always find them too sour or something... mind you it HAS been a while since I ate them! and guess what!! EVEN after the bingey holiday week I STILL lost half a pound!! woooooooooohooo!!!!

How doo to you too.

Congrats on your weight loss. I was a 24/26 when I first joined slimming world 18 weeks ago and am already in a 20, still got along way to go but I know with SW I will get there. Hoping to be in 18's by July and be pre babyness. You have my sympathy, secondary schools can be a very scary place, I used to work in one with SEN... started with the intention of getting some experience in schools to be a teacher... just put me off.

Good luck with SW and hope to see you around the boards, lots of fun peeps on here, sounds like you'll fit right in!

Back