Grollyzbird's Food Diary and probably some rambling :D

Just came here cause I saw you started around the same time as me! I also lost 1.5lb in my first week :D I love SW as it seems so easy to follow ^^

I just wanted to show some support. I really enjoyed reading your diary and admire you for not letting your sister drag you down and choosing for yourself!

Subscribing, I'd love to stay up to dat with how you are doing ^^

Oops! Double post :p

Just came here cause I saw you started around the same time as me! I also lost 1.5lb in my first week :D I love SW as it seems so easy to follow ^^

I just wanted to show some support. I really enjoyed reading your diary and admire you for not letting your sister drag you down and choosing for yourself!

Subscribing, I'd love to stay up to dat with how you are doing ^^

Hi hun well done on your loss :D
Sw is great haha I love it! I am in it for the long haul so I am going to concentrate on myself! I want to get married finally instead of putting it off because of being embarrassed of what people will think of me, now is my time Hehe
Have you made a food diary? I am going to edit my posts to make it more clear of the super free foods I am eating at dinner time :)
Thank you for the sub, I am hoping after a little while I will have some different foods in here lol got loads of recipes that my friend brought around for me from when she was on Sw, exciting haha
Xx

I do keep my paper food diary, but I'm not very good at doing it online :p I more enjoy reading other peoples diaries and finding support in that way!

Please do share recipes if you have any good ones :D

I do keep my paper food diary, but I'm not very good at doing it online :p I more enjoy reading other peoples diaries and finding support in that way!

Please do share recipes if you have any good ones :D

I keep my paper one to :D it helps me writing it down and then I put it on here after, that way I don't forget haha
I will keep you posted on the new meals I make, I love cooking and luckily have my slow cooker so if I have extra veggies left over I can throw them in there with oxo cubes and some herbs etc, I hate waste lol but I told my partner that I will look for recipes that have the same sort of ingredients so I can cook 2 different meals :D
I know I will be making a chicken and veg curry very soon, its a family recipe, its a dry curry I guess you could say, so no yoghurt etc going in, I prefer it that way, hmm thinking about it is making my mouth water haha
I haven't made it yet because you need a tsp of salt in it and I was worried incase it affected my weight loss or something lol
Right I think I should go to bed, he is sleeping on the sofa and his snoring is driving me crazy lol the usual routine after he has had dinner haha
Good night :)
Xx

Good night hun!

I am sure the salt is fine! I love salt and use it quite a bit :p

I think the only thing with salt is, it might make you retain a bit more water? If you are unsure, just check with your consultant!

As far as I'm aware, SW doesn't worry much about salt - there is no recommendation that you pick reduced salt products and many of the staples (baked beans, stock cubes etc) are available in reduced salt versions. As you are encouraged to cook from scratch and many salty things are limited by being Synned, such as nuts, crisps etc, you are probably having much less salt than you did pre-SW and we do need a little. I use low salt stock products most of the time and I never add salt at the table or when I'm cooking, but I don't worry about it otherwise - and I have to be careful because I have (controlled by medication) high blood pressure which is much improved since I started SW much to my GP's relief!

When i started SW my mum and sister both wanted to follow the plan but not go to class. So cooking etc was left all to me and i got really annoyed. They would still have lots crisps/chocolate/biscuits etc so way over the syn allowance. I have now given up on them and am doing it by myself. They keep getting take aways and it is getting harder to stick to plan so be grateful your not living with your sis. :p
All the best for the week ahead..xx

Hi guys
I have not been able to get online lately, its been manic!!
I also had takeaway on saturday, silly I know, but was hungry and tired, bad day lol I have gained weight aswell but tbh it was expected after having a kebab! going to update my food diary now :)
Hope you are all well
xx

Well day 11 was a very bad day, had loads of stress here, was awful!!
I ordered take away and thought the kebab was the better option as it is grilled on one of those spit thingys! how bloody wrong was I?? especially when you take into account the naan bread that it came in, I found the syns for the naan bread the next day and nearly cried! I thought I was being good not getting fries! but have moved on and won't be getting it again!
I am up 1lb it was 4lb but have lost 3, no idea if it will go down by tomorrow's weigh in, but here is to a new week with no bloody takeaway! just wish my partner wasn't being a git that day so he would have made dinner, but yeah I guess arguments will make me eat bad at times.

My step son is back home, along with jam doughnuts and giant bags of doritos, I was good enough to decline the offer of 2 doughnuts about 7 times, I got the usual are you sure? it won't hurt to much if you can eat burgers on slimming world, so proceeded to explain slimming world to him LOL his heart is in the right place :D

Right yes sorry for rambling again, Day 11 started out well..

Breakfast:
Mullerlight yoghurt
Apple
Pear

Lunch:
Egg and Bacon sandwich
Salad, lettuce, onion, tomato and cucumber

Dinner: *sigh*
Doner Kebab in naan bread :break_diet: made healthier with salad in it?? Ahem :sad0071:

HexA:
30g Cheddar cheese
HexB:
60g wholemeal bread

Syns:
1 tbsp brown sauce (1)
1 tbsp ketchup (1)
My dinner, umm!!
Total syns (ridiculous)

I was so happy once this day was over!! what a bloody day! :(
xx

Right Day 12!
Went to visit my mum in law for the day, spent hours on trains there and back, but was worth it! Nearly passed out due to the heat, couldn't get enough water in me and nearly died walking up the hill coming home but I got up it!! :greenapple:
We had dinner there and she made it slimming world friendly!! even made gravy for me out of oxo cube :D love that woman hehe

Breakfast:
Fruit salad, Apple, honeydew melon, cherries, strawberries, pear and grapes (heaven) :D

Lunch:
Roast beef (small amount) boiled potatoes, cabbage, broccoli and carrots

Dinner:
Cheese and tomato sandwich

HexA:
30g Cheddar cheese
HexB:
60g wholemeal roll

Syns:
1 tbsp salad cream (1)
Total syns (1)

was a good day :D
xx

Last edited:
Day 13
I seemed to eat so much food today! it was all allowed, but was just hungry :D

Breakfast:
Mullerlight yoghurt
Apple, Strawberries and pear

Lunch:
Tuna pasta with sweetcorn and onion

Dinner:
Roast beef, boiled potatoes, cabbage, broccoli, peas, carrots, small yorkie pud

HexA:
250ml semi skimmed milk
HexB:
Alpen light bar

Syns:
2 tbsp light salad cream (2)
small yorkie pud (2-1/2)
200ml gravy (3) checked in the book and it said 100ml made up was 1-1/2 syns
Total syns (7-1/2)

Hoping it was a good day today, hopefully one of you lovely people will correct me if I am wrong about the gravy, it was regular bisto :)
xx

Good that you got back on it after the kebab disaster! Some takeaways are better than others, like some Indian options with plain rice and tomatoey sauce.

Lol at the 'burgers are allowed so doughnuts must be fine too!' Interesting take on it!

Day 14 today!

trying a green day today, needed the extra fibre, tmi but really constipated! its killing me, tried taking dulcolax, but so far nothing! if it doesn't erm happen soon then I might go to the Dr's for some help, its been days! wonder if it was the kebab :confused:

Anyway..

Breakfast:
2 weetabix, 125ml semi skimmed milk

Lunch:
Egg salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and spring onion

Snack:
2 Weetabix with 125ml semi skimmed milk

Not had it yet but
Dinner:
Mullerlight yoghurt
Fruit salad, honeydew melon, strawberries, pear, satsumas and grapes

HexA:
250ml semi skimmed milk
HexB:
2 Weetabix
2 Weetabix

Syns:
Alpen light bar (3)
1 tbsp extra light mayo (1)
1 tbsp light salad cream (1)
Total syns (5)

Trying to change up today to help with the constipation, been drinking coffee as well hoping a hot drink will help plus lots of water :cross: lol
xx

Good that you got back on it after the kebab disaster! Some takeaways are better than others, like some Indian options with plain rice and tomatoey sauce.

Lol at the 'burgers are allowed so doughnuts must be fine too!' Interesting take on it!

I didn't think of Indian! would have preferred it tbh, wish I had just stuck 2 fingers up at my partner and chopped up some fruit and told him to sod off and sort his own dinner out! but me being me...

My step son cracks me up! bless him! love him to pieces but he is always trying to feed me haha he is 19 but is a bit younger for his age so some things he doesn't understand fully, now he is home he wants the same food as us, but he is wearing size 28-30 inch waist jeans, super skinny and tall so told him he has no hope, last thing he needs is to lose weight! so he is going to be having regular burgers when I make ours, plus his usual favourites pizza curry etc :D
xx

I didn't think of Indian! would have preferred it tbh, wish I had just stuck 2 fingers up at my partner and chopped up some fruit and told him to sod off and sort his own dinner out! but me being me...

My step son cracks me up! bless him! love him to pieces but he is always trying to feed me haha he is 19 but is a bit younger for his age so some things he doesn't understand fully, now he is home he wants the same food as us, but he is wearing size 28-30 inch waist jeans, super skinny and tall so told him he has no hope, last thing he needs is to lose weight! so he is going to be having regular burgers when I make ours, plus his usual favourites pizza curry etc :D
xx

It can be annoying when you tend to be too nice for your own good... xD

Your step son sounds lovely! I hope you can enjoy having him around! x

It can be annoying when you tend to be too nice for your own good... xD

Your step son sounds lovely! I hope you can enjoy having him around! x

That's me all over lol :D
I love my step son! He is great, he has lived with us for 7 years, he has been at his mums, but is never happy there bless him! He is always happy to be home :D xx

That's good to know ^^

When is your next weigh in hun?

Back