Ground rice

Nightwolf

Ive been reading the mullerlight rice pudding recipe and today bought some, and was told to buy pudding rice.....but only found ground rice, is this the same thing?? ground rice I have is made by whitworths, in a red box, and is for puddings and deserts, is this still syn free on green days? or have I bought the wrong thing?

is it like a powder? if its 'ground' surely its jsut crushed up and is used as a thickener? i would say you should stick to pudding rice however if its proper grains you will prob be ok with that, just check when you open it up

I just looked on syns online and it says whitworths pudding rice free on green but it says nothing about ground rice. I could be wrong but I am sure it would be free if it says whitworths pudding rice is free but dont quote me on it. Sorry I couldnt be more help.

anything thats ground has to be counted as a syn i think xxx

Pudding rice grains are short and rounder than regular rice used in savoury dishes. It's a generic term for grains that go really soft, creamy and sticky when cooked. Tesco do pudding rice, 99p for 500g. Ground rice does indeed count as syns, but I can't recall how many.

Pudding rice and ground rice are two different things. Pudding rice is a 'short grain' rice as opposed to the 'long grain' used to serve with curry etc. and is Free.

Ground rice, which I imagine you can use to make a semolina-type pudding is not Free, coming in at 4.5 Syns per 25g.

Back