group

Rochelle1

Gold Member
i know this isnt strictly off topic, but i dont know where else to post it!! thought this sub was the safest bet.

ok so, i have stayed at group for both of the 2 weeks since i joined. i enjoyed staying to group the first 2 times. this week was my third one and some new people had joined. now my first week, we had the talk about the plan and all that goes with it, free foods, healthy extras and syns etc. we had this at the joining table with the stand in consultant as the usual one was on her holidays.

so, when we sat down to group it was just basically going through everyone to see how much theyed lost and doing the raffle and slimmer of the week. but this week, our consultant was back, and she did the talk in group with everybody!!! i was a bit bored sitting there for about 40 miniutes listening to her talking about free foods superfree healthy extras and syns when i already know all of this, and most of the other people who stayed too. is this gonna happen every time some new people join? because im already thinking of looking at the new members table when i walk in every week and if theres people on it im not even gonna stay. i dont want to be listening to that talk every single week!! how boring would group be every week?

do you think it was maybe because it was her first week back and about 10 new people had joined?? i just thought it was a bit harsh to make all the older members and us that had been going for 3 weeks sit through that talk again. i was really enjoying staying to group before this. couldnt wait to get out!!

I think I'd feel the same way and hope that you're right about her first night back finding 10 new members. When I first joined, the C spoke to the 3 of us newbies on our own before the class officially started - she only touched on the very basics and advised us to read our books. I don't think it'd be a bad thing to sit through the spiel every now & again (perhaps every 3 or 4 months)- just to refresh or enforce rules etc and it could also be a good way of 'brainstorming' the group for tips & disoveries etc.

It was probably because a few had joined whilst she was away.
However in the long time I've been attending group our c does go over the whole plan to the group from time to time which I guess is just to refresh our memory's and ensure we are all following as we should.
I wouldn't of thought this will happen again for a while so don't be put off staying :)

Thanks :) it was just that it was soooo boring lol I get that there was new members and about 4 of us newbies while she was away for 2 weeks. And also her new people of that night if theyed sat and listened to her beforehand, then sat through that too, theyed have been wondering about staying to group too!! I don't want to be put off for although I've only met the consultant once, as it was just typical me to join while she was away lol, she does seem like a really good, realistic but motivating consultant. So hope this doesn't go on at too many sessions!! I do enjoy staying to group otherwise.

Ive been going to the same group for 18months, although looking to move, and the consultant always did a 'new member talk' to everyone at the beginning of each year, after Christmas to get everyone focused again

Rochelle1 said:
that would be fine just once a year haha seriously though, i was just thinking would i have to sit through that every time new people join up.

Most consultants will do a refresher at the busy times of year, do after chrimbo, Easter and summer :) I guess it's just a reminder

Back