GRRR!!! Ebay b***h

The Punisher

I was bidding on an item on ebay on Sunday. I was asked to increase my bid several times. I'm well used to this, I always get outbid on things that I really really want! I managed to find the item as a buy it now through another seller and paid for it right away.
About an hour later I had an email saying I'd won the original item??? Given that the item went for about a tenner more than I was willing to pay, I was very confused.
Naturally I contacted the seller to find out what was what and got a response basically saying it wasn't her problem and I had to cancel the transaction from my end. I CAN'T!! It has to be the seller that cancels it and basically can't be bothered.
I'm now going to have an unpaid item raised against me just so she can get her fee back.
I'm so blooming mad!

Didnt want to read and run and I have minimal experience of Ebay but it sounds like a pain in the bum.

Do you think the seller had somebody else bidding to increase the cost?

I'd be inclined to contact ebay if you can & have them look into this.

Let us know how you get on please.

Yeah, if you suspect someone else was bidding on behalf of the seller, raise a complaint with ebay regarding Shill bidding.

And you can back out at your end too, or at least start proceedings, and avoid the unpaid bidder thingy.

Cancel the transaction in our Resolution Centre.

You'll open a case at our Resolution Centre, which creates a dialogue between you and the buyer through our system and tracks your case for you. Learn more about how to use the Resolution Centre

Timing is important
You can open your case immediately to 45 days after the sale
The buyer has up to 7 days to respond to your case. If you haven't heard back after 7 days, you can close the case and you'll receive your final value fee credit
You need to close your case within 60 days of the transaction:
If the buyer agrees to cancel, your final value fee will be credited to your account
On the 61st day after the end of the transaction, if you haven't closed your case, eBay automatically closes it and you are not credited the final value fee
Once your case is closed by you or eBay, you can't reopen the case

Resolution centre link (if it works) - http://res.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ResolutionCenter&hc=1&hm=v%7F.r`can676

- It does sound like to me they got someone else to bid in the hope you would go high enough. You didn't, so they gave you a second chance offer, or if it was within 12 hours, they removed the other persons bid. If it's a second chance, you don't have to take it. But I would report them. I had it happen to me, had a look into their other items which had completed, and amazingly, the same person won each and every one......I wasn't left any negative feedback, didn't get an unpaid bidder thingy, and they were removed from the site.

Actually, I've just read through the resolution centre. The seller has to open the case, and then you respond :(. I would email the seller, explain this to them, then wait for them to do it.

I've contacted the seller a few times now and explained that she has to be the one that cancels the transaction but she's telling me to do it. I spent an hour on the chat thingy on ebay last night explaining the whole situation to them and there is basically nothing I can do except raise a complaint and 'wait and see what happens' to quote the lady I was chatting with.
It just seems really unfair. I hardly ever use ebay, but when I do buy something I literally pay for the item there and then, but she can raise an unpaid item against me because she can't be bothered cancelling the transaction and I'm not allowed to. I'm still bl00dy fuming! :mad:

I wouldn't worry about her raising the unpaid item thing on you. I tried to do it once (sold something and no contact at all - managed to get hold of a phone number and spoke to the girls mum, but she was never at home). I tried to leave negative feedback for her, but it was practically impossible.

Can you see the bidding history if you go on the item?

x

:( That sucks.

I would raise the complaint and wait if I was you. If you have no other unpaid bidder incidents, I wouldn't worry too much. I have one I think, and very few sellers set a block on people who have one, due to incidents like this! I think I have mine set at 2, but even if you want to bid and you are blocked, you can email the seller and they can unblock you. I've done this before with no problems at all. You can still leave her negative feedback anyway, and at least she can't leave you any :)

It is a right royal pain when people spoil it for others

The same thing happened to me, and I just said 'I'm not paying for this, please feel free to give me a negative feedback'

Sellers cannot give buyers a negative feedback without going through some whole rigmarole, so it's easier for them to just cut their losses and run.

Additonally I had over 200 positive feedback, so even if they did go ahead with the negative, I doubt it would have mattered too much.

Sounds to me like they were shill bidding (which IMHO is quite common) - tell her to get stuffed.

ive had trouble with ebay before some people r soooo fussy and annoying. i built my feedback to 100% and wen i sold something it took a while to send which i did inform the buyer and then he had the cheek to tell me i charged too much postage and packaging. he forgot that we dont just buy the stamp the bubblewrap envelope also adds to that.

hope u sort it xxxx

I was bidding on an item on ebay on Sunday. I was asked to increase my bid several times. I'm well used to this, I always get outbid on things that I really really want! I managed to find the item as a buy it now through another seller and paid for it right away.
About an hour later I had an email saying I'd won the original item??? Given that the item went for about a tenner more than I was willing to pay, I was very confused.
Naturally I contacted the seller to find out what was what and got a response basically saying it wasn't her problem and I had to cancel the transaction from my end. I CAN'T!! It has to be the seller that cancels it and basically can't be bothered.
I'm now going to have an unpaid item raised against me just so she can get her fee back.
I'm so blooming mad!

I am a bit confused! Are you saying that the item went for £10 more than your final bid? Because if so, I don't see how you could have won it.

I might be being a bit dim here, so perhaps I have misunderstood you.

Hi. I would just raise a dispute through e bay and see what happens. They will investigate, I don't think she can leave you neg feedback without the transaction going through, but I could be wrong.

If you were outbid and then the seller cancelled the winning bidders bid you should have got a second chance offer from the seller which you are well within your rights to refuse as you were outbid.

Back