Grrrrrr ebay!!

Oh I hate lying - I have a lady who bought something from me, who didn't pay so I sent it to resolution centre & she eventually paid. Now suprise suprise, she "claims" not have recieved the item :mad:

Call me synical, but what a shock!! I am really p'd off now as it looks like I will have to refund her :(

I would get back in touch with ebay - surely this happens all the time, people claiming not to have received a paid item. What is her feedback like? When I buy things I always check sellers' feedback and when I've sold things I've changed the settings to prevent certain people from bidding.

Hope you get it sorted xx

Did you send it with a proof of posting? When I did ebay I always used to get one and you can claim up to £40 or thereabouts from Royal Mail.

Ebay does work on trust but, as you've discovered, not everyone is trustworthy. I tend to only buy from ebay shops these days rather than private sellers as I've been in your position in the past :-(

I would get back in touch with ebay - surely this happens all the time, people claiming not to have received a paid item. What is her feedback like? When I buy things I always check sellers' feedback and when I've sold things I've changed the settings to prevent certain people from bidding.

Hope you get it sorted xx

Yeah I called ebay this morning, TBH I find its all very one sided to protect the buyer with not much help from a sellers point of view.

Basically as it was sent 2nd class parcel I have no tracker number so he said just to refund to save her opening a case against me :(

Did you send it with a proof of posting? When I did ebay I always used to get one and you can claim up to £40 or thereabouts from Royal Mail.

Ebay does work on trust but, as you've discovered, not everyone is trustworthy. I tend to only buy from ebay shops these days rather than private sellers as I've been in your position in the past :-(

I always obtain proof of posting, I have the reciept with date & time, address etc but according to ebay it MUST be recoreded, having proof of postage isn't enough???

I find that really unfair as I have proof it was posted.

I know I can't prove she's recieved the item, but I can prove I sent it.

Can you at least scan and send your buyer proof that you posted it to prevent negative feedback? She may also accept this as proof and cough up the money :D

Can you at least scan and send your buyer proof that you posted it to prevent negative feedback? She may also accept this as proof and cough up the money :D

Well I have emailed her back& said I have proof of postage & the details of when it went.

Looking on the internet, royal mail don't deem it as missing until 15 business days have passed & I can then make a claim.

Its just so annoying that she will end up leaving negative feedback, I will have to refund, yet I can't do anything about it. I can only leave positive feedback too as a seller, how unfair is that?!?!?!?

(can you tell I am not a happy bunny this morning?!?!? :eek:)

What I'm saying is, no matter what ebay say, if you have proof of posting then RM will refund you so you won't be out of pocket if you have to refund the buyer.

oh yes im with you on this one, im a big seller on ebay and it seems to me that e bay sides with the buyer.

how come us sellers cant leave negative feedback?

i now put on my listing that i will not be held responsible for items going missing in the post, and if you want items sent recorded delivery then you must pay the extra.

if she does leave you neg feedback you can contest it, and if ebay sides with you then they will remove it.

ebay is getting stupid and the fees are just downright riduclous! if there was any other way to get rid of my stuff i would use it. who ever thought of ebay must be a millionere by now!

Emma I also write that & hadn't stated it would be recorded delivery as people tend to think you can make money out of postage, when you don't.

Anyway - just waiting on hearing her responce to my email & will take it from there.

Feeling very anti ebay at the mo still :(

As I understand it, it doesn't matter what you write on your listing you will still be held responsible if the buyer doesn't receive the item. I think this can go as far as paypal refunding the money to the buyer from your account whether you agree to it or not. Not 100% on the ins and outs of it though and would love to be told I'm wrong on this one! You can probably pick up some useful info on the forum pages if you wanted to browse them. I feel your pain, I'm a seller too and 9 times out of ten it's fine but the 1 out of 10 is always an utter nightmare. Hope you get things sorted x

You're right beegee - doesnt matter what you write on your listing. Ebay is not what it used to be

Proof of posting does not guarantee proof of delivery. Paypal will not entertain any claim if the item will not sent by trackable means. Best bet is to claim against RM. No reason to assume the buyer will leave a neg.

I did like ebay up until today, now its put me on a real downer. Been selling some baby clothes- 0-3 month stuff so its pristine- and would never put anything on there i would not happily recieve myself. got a message from a buyer today saying an outfit is all stained and manky and only bin worthy GERRR!
Only really heard about being stung by this and had my fingers crossed would never happen to me but look like it has. Flippin heck it was freshly washed and ironed so silly cow is out to get me- AND saying clothes by preciuos baby boy has been wearing is 'bin worthy' really gets my goat! looked up her street on google - looks a right manky area - but shes out for something for nothing!

Sorry for gatecrash and rant it was this or the kitchen for a raid- proper emotional eater me

It can be very annoying dealing with the not so honest ebayers. I sold something once and 4 weeks later he wrote to say it arrived damaged. I said why has it taken you so long to let me know. He says I've just moved house. I say, so it could have been damaged in your move then? Oh no he says, it was sent to my new address but I've been on holiday.

Likely bloody story but I decided it wasn't worth the argument and refunded all but the courier charge. I figure that if he was that deperate to save £15, he must be in a poorer state than me.

((hugs))

oh my goodness clara i would be upset to, how dare these people behave in this way?

I'm convinced its because they know we cant do much as sellers!!!

i sold a bran new pair of long boots for a fiver, never been worn and the person who bought them said they had been worn and if i didn't do something about it they would leave negative feedback!!!

i refunded them a couple of pound as i don't want bad feed back, so must have made £3 on them new boots :(

It might not matter what we write on our listings regarding posting, but ever since i started to put i wont take responsibility i haven't had one thing go missing! so its obviously acting as a deterrent, even if it doesn't matter, so its worth doing!

Back