Advice on sacking my cleaner?

Josiecat

Silver Member
It is lazy that I have one, I know but me and hubby work full time and just wanted some time back for ourselves. We found a lady who runs a cleaning service for £12 hr so she started cleaning for us a few weeks back. It's an odd set up as she comes with 2 other cleaners and the three of them all split the time between them. I had asked for 2 hours a week as we have a small house, no kids so only 1 bedroom is used but she has decided that we need 3 hours a week. To be honest I think that is for their benefit as it means they get paid 1 hour each as they will come for 1 hour and charge us for 3 hours for the three of them.

Initially we booked a 4 hour spring clean that took they advised took them 6 hours and now they come at different times each week and have even came at tea time when we are in from work and have had to go out and find something to do for 1 hour.

The cleaning is ok but not great, considering they did that 6 hour spring clean and come 3 hours a week, I am surprised to be finding that they are not wiping down behind the kettle/toaster in the kitchen-it is full of crumbs, behind the radiators are thick with dust. They also use their own vacuum and mop and the house has a feisty smell from their vacuum, which they are obviously using in different houses and picking up odours.

So I want to end the service and do it ourselves again, we communicate by text so this is easy enough to do but I don't want to offend or upset her. Any advice or what to say?

Gosh this post sounds awful, we are by no means well off, we had just thought that we would use £36 a week to live again at the weekend rather than doing housework.

Just tell her your not happy with the service they are providing so you no longer want them for the job.
Did you sign a contract?

Hi, I'm a cleaner. These people are taking the pee. Just tell them you have decided not to continue using their services. You don't have to give a reason or any notice unless you have a contract with them. I could rant on more. I see my job as being a service to make a client's life easier and for them to enjoy their home in comfort. NOT for them to be bullied into going out when ever I feel like turning up. If having your house cleaned for you would still be something you'd enjoy, why not ask around for recommendations? If you don't know people with a cleaner they are happy with, why not try asking on a local FB page? If you do FB that is.

Yeah that's seriously not on. I'd simply tell them that you no longer need their services effective immediately. If they ask for a reference of any type then I'd politely decline.

just say, i no longer wish to retain your services, thank you! easy x
I am sure u sre rid of the clesners by mow. I just wanted to say some of my clients hsve cleaners and the ones who have more than one ate never satisfied and change to a single person who is, in my opinion more accountable.
When i worked full time i consideted it but i think if it s done once a week it will still get in a mess on the other days.
Hope things worked out f u

Back