Grrrrrrr @ Slimming World

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
I emailed them last week to enquire about some high fibre tortillas I found here, which are only 80 calories each and have 12g of fibre, as I was wondering if I could use them as a healthy extra.

They replied today rather rudely, with no help whatsoever to my query. Stating they couldnt read the nutritional information on the image, (okay the image is not great) but it is easily readable and then said that they also can not answer syn or healthy extra querys by email. I clearly stated in my email that I am in Canada. It would cost a fortune from here to ring their number, if it will even work from here.

So that says to me unless you live in the UK, it is hard luck really. If they want to be successful elsewhere, they really should find some manners. It is not the first time they have been rude either.

I then tried to reply to the email and it just sends me back a standard email, saying my message will be automatically deleted and to call the syn hotline for enquiries.

I have never experienced such bad customer service as what I have from Slimming World. It is enough to send people racing to their nearest weight watchers meeting or similar.

Sorry rant over.

Aw, that's a shame - don't they know what an ambassador you are for them?!

Manners cost nowt - ignoring you or sending an automated reply would have been better than being rude :-(

I think I might have to write to head office and complain. I can understand they probably receive hundreds of emails every day with that sort of thing, but if they are going to be a company that is successful worldwide, then they need to offer better customer service to overseas members. They cannot expect overseas members to ring a premium rate UK number. That is just ridiculous.

I really wish they would bring out a much more advanced syns calculator, maybe even with an option for healthy extra choices too. Would save them a lot of hassle and complaints and make life much easier for their membes. It does seem they are reluctant to give us one though.

Oh well, at least the support from you guys keeps me going :)

Customer service at its most British! Can you find a hex that you can perhaps compare them too and see if the values come out the same?

maybe whoever you got was having an off day? I wrote about that breadmix and they replied right away, said it looked great and that it was definitely a HEb.

I guess it's kinda like call centres, one day you can get an ace person who's really helpful, the next day you get the no-support-asaurus! We have a few of them where I work!

Customer service at its most British! Can you find a hex that you can perhaps compare them too and see if the values come out the same?

I did think about that, but I am not sure the nutrional information is close to any. These tortillas have even more fibre than scan bran. Would be nice to be able to count them as a healthy extra, as we dont have many healthy extra choices available to us here. But looks like I will have to syn them if I am to use them. A shame, but oh well.

maybe whoever you got was having an off day? I wrote about that breadmix and they replied right away, said it looked great and that it was definitely a HEb.

I guess it's kinda like call centres, one day you can get an ace person who's really helpful, the next day you get the no-support-asaurus! We have a few of them where I work!

I suppose that could be true, but it is not the first time I have recieved such a unhelpful reply and the automated response then saying my message would be automatically deleted and to phone the hotline when I tried to email back again, just really infuriated me even more.

Also as it is a US item, I would say they are not interested in trying to find out for me, as their main base is the UK, they would see more benefit out of your enquiry.

I will calm down later lol. Just needed to have my rant.

I think you should give us the info, perhaps if a couple of us call up then they'll have to listen!

That's terrible Britmum! Reminds me of that character in Little Britain "computer says no..." LOL!! Sorry :D
Why don't you post the nutritional info here and one of us could call them for you? I agree that Slimming World's customer service and general online info is severely lacking. Weight watchers is light years ahead in that regard. :love:

we could all say we just found them in tesco ;)

Also as it is a US item, I would say they are not interested in trying to find out for me, as their main base is the UK, they would see more benefit out of your enquiry.

Would accessing the US site help? I've a friend doing SW in the US, but don't know much about the site there.

I would appreciate it if someone can find out for me, although don't go out of your way to ring their premium rate number.

The nutrional information is as follows:

nutrition-sd-lowcarb_lgpack.jpg

this is them:

products_p15_01sd-thumb.jpg

they also do smaller size ones of which nutritional information is:

nutrition-sd-lowcarb-original.jpg

I am dreaming about all the nice mexican dishes I can do (I love mexican food), if I can use these as a HEx lol.

Would accessing the US site help? I've a friend doing SW in the US, but don't know much about the site there.

I am not sure, body optimise doesnt have it (infact there is very little on there for overseas members) so doubt they would have it on the US site either.

I think the support offered to BodyOptimise (online) members in general is absolutely shoddy. The site is extremely basic and the responses to weight losses or gains are frequently inappropriate to the situation. It wouldn't be rocket science to make it more interactive either, they just aren't prepared to make the investment although happy enough to take our money. I think it's particularly hard on overseas members or people in remote areas who do not have the option of finding a local meeting to attend.

In all honesty, I just use the SW site for the discipline of the weighing each week and ignore the rest generally these days. Minimins is my support and Slimming Eats is my inspiration.

I will however when I'm at target and finished with BodyOptimise be writing to let them know how I feel and what in my view they should be doing about it. I'll probably get an email back telling me to phone their premium number :rotflmao:

whenever I've emailed them they have been great but I agree that the site isn't up to much.Can't get over their attitude to you though-put an official complaint in.Has anyone passed the details on over here?If you have can post so I know WHETHER TO DO IT.

I agree the customer service side leaves a lot to be desired if you live in the US... for some reason my subscription to the magazine was cancelled but when I called them they couldnt discuss it with me coz the card holder is my husband and they needed authorisation by email from him...so he mailed them with authorisation to search under his card details ( their system doesnt hold details for people over seas apparently) and despite contacting them several times I have had no word from them.....grrrrrrr

However I would be interested in knowing the answer to this question too as I just spotted these in my supermarket.....and being in Texas we eat a lot of mexican food...plus hubby takes wraps for lunch now and then....

I agree the customer service side leaves a lot to be desired if you live in the US... for some reason my subscription to the magazine was cancelled but when I called them they couldnt discuss it with me coz the card holder is my husband and they needed authorisation by email from him...so he mailed them with authorisation to search under his card details ( their system doesnt hold details for people over seas apparently) and despite contacting them several times I have had no word from them.....grrrrrrr

However I would be interested in knowing the answer to this question too as I just spotted these in my supermarket.....and being in Texas we eat a lot of mexican food...plus hubby takes wraps for lunch now and then....

oh dont get my started on the magazine subscription, I have just calmed down over the email lol.

When I do get an issue, it is over a month later than everyone else. Okay I know I live in Canada, but it doesnt take that long to post. I have no problem with other magazine subscriptions from overseas. Not to mention the times when I dont even receive some issues and then get told, we are now out of stock of that one, sorry. As much as I love the magazine, I won't be renewing my subscription.

Back