Guenevere's Refeed Diary

Guenevere

Getting married July 2011
Day 1: 17:10

Breakfast: TFR shake (strawberry)

Lunch: 2/3 of Maintenance bar
I didn't find it great, and I wasn't able to finnish it. I also
had a cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk-AMAZING!

I went shopping today, went to OASIS and bought a pair of Jeans and a black coat dress, both size 14. I also went to M&S food hall and bought loads of healthy food, organic, fresh, low fat, for today and the rest of the week! Bought wild halibut and organic salad vegetables for tonight!
I got my new laptop today too, an 13" Mac!
I am one happy girl!

I'll update about my dinner tomorrow!

Guen

Hi Guen
Congratulations on getting to where you are girl. You must be delighted with yourself. Fair play to ya woman. Enjoy the week and stick with the plan. Size 14 is fab. You can shop anywhere and wear up to date fashion. I walk by EVANS with a smile on my face. Hope college is going good. Keep posting
Love
Helena

Day 1: 21:30

Had dinner!
100g of wild halibut, seasoned with salt, pepper, pinch of herbs, and a squeeze of lemon.
I made a salad of cos lettuce, peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and spring onion, and dressed it with balsamic vinegar, but I found the vinegar kinda gross, it was way way way too sweet. I ended up eating some of my bfs salad instead which was dressed with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
I forced myself to eat all of the fish, but only ate about half the salad I should have eaten. Felt stuffed to the gills for about 40 mins after, but now I think a cup of tea would be nice.
Looking forward to a chicken salad at lunch tomorrow!

Thanks Teg, I'm so glad some of my old friends are still around! Is your signature accurate?

Love
Guen

Day 2

Mac's are the business, the bf is a computer scientist, and he has the MacBook Pro, I got the new Macbook, the white upgraded one, not the super new black one. Macs seem to inspire a lot of love in their users, I know I love this one!!!

Day 2 was a very trying day on Refeed!

Got up late, and was trying to eat my Maintenance bar while setting up for my first patient, and got a bit of bother from a nurse.
Then about half way through my first clinic I started getting crippling pains in my stomach, and nausea. I made it through the clinic and went across the road to the pharmacy. My pharmacist rang LT who where the usual helpful selves, told me I either had a bug or ate too much!!!
The pharmacist gave me a rehydration sachet and it worked great.
I didn't have lunch, but went to my second clinic, and that went great, no discomfort.
I then ate lunch at 16:30, it was delicious, I had a small boiled chicken breast, and a small salad (cos lettuce, spring onion, mixed peppers and cucumber) dressed in red wine vinegar (WAY nicer than balsamic vinegar) with salt and pepper.
I was very sore after chewing the chicken, as I hadn't chewed in 6 months.
I am going to have dinner soon enough, 100g halibut fillet, squeeze of lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and herbs, plus two tablespoons of green peas.

I am very nervous about eating a potato tomorrow, I can barely finish what I'm eating now. Plus what if it wakes up a carb monster...???? Also, by Saturday I will be out of ketosis, and lose that lovely sense of control and those beautiful mood elevating properties!!!

Keeping this Refeed Diary is really helping me.

Love Guen

Day 3

Today was a lot better than yesterday.

I got up later than normal (8pm) as I didn't have a morning clinic. Had a cup of hot water with a squeeze of lemon in a vain attempt to get my bowels moving. Had a Maintenance bar and a cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk.

Had lunch at 12:30pm, had a breast of chicken seasoned with cayenne chilli pepper, garlic, and poppy seeds, and a salad of cos lettuce, red/yellow pepper, cucumber, spring onion and pickled onion.

I went for a cup of tea with semi skimmed milk with a friend after afternoon clinics and then I went shopping. I tried on some designer jeans, but nothing looked great. I think I'm a 32" waist, but some were too big, none were the right shape, and some were too small. Also went food shopping in M&S and Dunnes' Stores. Got some wild salmon in M&S, 4 240g trays for only €18!!! That's only €1.13 per fillet!

I had my dinner at 8:30pm, a 100g fillet of smoked haddock, steamed with some lemon juice and lots of freshly ground pepper, two tablespoons of fresh peas, one 125g potato, boiled in the microwave, peeled, and whipped up with a drop of skimmed milk, salt, and some spring onion! Was delicious, but was very full afterwards!

I will probably have another cup of tea before bed with skimmed milk!

I love being on refeed!! I'll love it more if I don't gain weight!

Love
Guen

Day 4

Another good day!
Woke up really early and refreshed, eating again suits me! I ate 2/3 of my Maintenance Bar for breakfast. I then went over to visit my dad and younger brothers and sisters. I had a cup of tea with skimmed milk and 1/3 of my maintenance bar while I was there. Dad made a donation to the noble charity of Guen's Clothing Fund, and my little six year old brother told me "I was improving" and "look totally different" since the last time he saw me.
Had a steamed fillet salmon (100g) with lemon and black pepper, a 3oz potato with a dash of skimmed milk mashed up, and a small salad.
Went to my bf's parents for dinner, but brought my own dinner with me (I made a sauce out of a jar of passatta, tinned tomatoes, and peppers, onions, and mushrooms, 50g of Quorn mince, and 68g of cooked wholewheat pasta. I calculated and my whole dinner was 200 calories!
Had three raspberries, and a cup of tea (bfs family only had a whole milk, so I only had a sip or two cos it tasted really oily.

I'm probably going to have a little tub of low fat custard (105 calories) ice cold from the fridge in a few minutes!!

:rolleyes: feeling pretty happy!

Love Guen

Stayed up really late and was hungry again before going to bed so my bf and I split a low fat yoghurt (70 calories). I felt guilty, but I didn't eat nearly as much as I was allowed on Day 4, so I'm sure it'll be fine, although I'm not gonna make a habit of 2am snacking.

Last edited:
Day 5

Cup of hot lemon with water, 2/3 of a Maintenance Bar and a cup of tea with skimmed milk for breakfast. (Approx. 150 cals)

Dinner with the family! Enough said?
Mum was considerate, and I had 100g fillet of salmon pan fried in water (steamer works so much better!!) a small potato, and a tablespoon of peas. After dinner I had a few sips of tea (literally), and an hour or so later I had a 1/4 slice of melon and about 10 raspberries. There was the usual ice-cream, minced pies and chocolate biscuits floating around, but I wasn't really tempted, I'm used to not having things when other people are. (350 calories)

When I got home I had a half sandwich (made with one slice of wholegrain, granary bread, a slice of Denny Healthy ham, 5g of low fat mayo, and some chopped onion and yellow pepper) plus 1/3 of a Maintenance bar and a Twinnings fruit infusion tea. (210 calories)

This evening I had a pot of low fat custard (105 calories)

I ate just under 820 calories today, which isn't really sustainable, or healthy long term. I amn't really able to eat bigger portions right now, and obviously I can't increase calories by eating different types of food. I think next week I will attempt to eat about 1000 calories per day.
I think I'm doing ok so far tho.

Love Guen

Hi I've been reading your updates and you are doing so well, I'm just new to all this Lipotrim and everything so it's great reading stuff just to keep me sane, and encouraged, I've got such a long way to go and you are already there!!! How amazing WELL DONE! Keep up the good work, hope you're telling me the same in a few months!

Hi Guenevere, well done. Don't be in a hurry to eat a >1000 calories per day. I think it's best to eat what you can for now as you adjust to eating meals. I got stomach cramps too a few times during the first 2 to 3 weeks of maintenance but it stops and then the stomach being able to accomodate more (oooh!). I totally recommend adding in regular exercise.
Well done for your success so far!

Thanks guys,

sz10pleeease, I'm sure you'll do great, I remember the feeling of being right at the beginning! But the time flies, and in a few months you'll be able to forget the horror of TFR!!!

Hey Trimlee,

are you still doing ok on Maintenance? I am totally committed to the idea of exercise IN THEORY, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm studying, and the weather is crappy, but...I know I'll have to get my ass in gear. I really have no excuse as there's a free gym in college, plus a pool, exercise classes...but my respective excuses are: the people in the gym intimidate me, especially since it's all men, I have PCOS and would need to get waxed to use the pool, and I dislike pain, and my schedule is crazy and irregular so I can't commit to any of the class times. I was considering something like jogging, cos it can be fitted in in a study break, or an exercise tape, or a very late night exercise class.
I'm hopeless I know, but in my defence I have 2 brisk 30 mins walk to and from college everyday, so that keeps me a level of light activity, plus dentistry is more physically demanding than one might imagine, definitly more work than say an office job.
I will do something else...just what?

My fear is that if I keep my calorie level too low my metabolism will decrease. I should be able to eat 1800 calories per day and not gain weight!

Love Guen

Day 6

Weighed myself this morning, and was +0.04lb on Wed, but I hadn't been to the loo since, so I was actually delighted. The ducolax kicked in mid morning and I am confident I'll have stayed the same on lost on Wednesday.

At 9:30am I had my usual hot water with lemon, tea and Maintenance bar for breakfast, this time I ate the whole thing, was a bit overful after, and didn't want lunch for hours and hours. (210 cals)

At 3pm my bf finally said enough was enough and we were having lunch! I had a salad dressed with red wine vinegar and a fillet of salmon, plus a cup of tea with skimmed milk (230 cals)

Had dinner at about 7:30pm, it was a fajita made with Quorn Fajita 'chicken', steamed peppers and onion, a tiny bit of low fat mayo, and 2 slices of jalapeno pepper to spice it up. Was yummy! Again I was very full afterwards! (270 cals)

I have decided to only have my lovely low fat custard as a treat at the weekens so I'll probably have a yoghurt tonight after I do the ironing, a M&S Organic low fat apricot one, there's 40 more calories in it, but I adore custard, and I only like yoghurts, so I need to keep custard special in case it becomes no longer a treat and I then eat something worse...much worse...(145 cals).

That's a grand total of 855 calories! Higher than yesterday, but I felt a lot fuller and had way less cravings.

Lots of love,
Guen

Help me!

I gained a lb yesterday, and I swear I've eaten nothing except what I posted, and I weighed everything very carefully so that the calories I calculated would be accurate!
Plus, I have been drinking only water, not diet drinks or anything, drinking about 1.5l on top of my cups of tea.
Can anyone find any holes in my refeed plan?? Things I'm doing wrong and not noticing? Should I give up tea? Evening yoghurts?
I'm all panicked cos if I gain a lb a day, it will only take just over 3 months to gain back all 6st 10 lbs!!!!

Any help appreciated!

Love Guen

Day 7

Hey,

I had 2/3 Maintenance bar and tea with skimmed milk for breakfast. (150 cals)

Lunch was a salmon fillet, salad dressed with vinegar and an apple for lunch. (270 cals)
The apple was SO sweet, was such a treat, it was a pink lady. I had a tough day, as I spend the whole day in semi-informal seminar rooms, or sitting around with my class, which lends itself to snacking. I ate my apple about 30 mins after the salad.

I was really really hungry for my dinner when I got home, I think that is the first time I have genuinely been properly hungry for a meal since starting refeeding. Was a lovely sensation, even better to satisfy it!!!

For dinner I had Quorn fajita, same as last night except I added burrito spice mix to the peppers before steaming and I used red onion and left it raw. Was amazing, it was nicer, I think, than the chickeny, cheesey, creamy fajitas I used to eat. (280)

I am going out to the supermarket a little later on, and will probably have a yoghurt (same as last night but wild blueberry flavoured) afterwards (145 cal)

That'll be 855 calories today. I hope to God I'm not up another lb tomorrow, which will be my official WI!! Feck that lb I put on!!!

This diary really helps me, even if no one reads it, writing it makes sure I keep track of what I eat, no square of chocolate here or biscuit there that "doesn't really count"!

Love Guen

Hey Guen
It's great reading your diary can't believe the little pound went on, but it could just be water retention or anything. only thing I'm thinking is that maybe you're not eating enough? Just wait till end of the full week of refeeding and I'm sure it'll have evened itself out. keep drinking loads of water, and my chemist told me to take green tes capsules to speed up my metabolism maybe you could try that too? I got the one a day ones from Holland and Barret. Keep going anyway you've done so amazingly you're a total inspiration.
I weighed in and have lost 9 and a half pounds in my first week I am gobsmacked! I've never lost more than 2.5 lb in a week on any diet ever!
Keep up the diary, take care.

Sz10pleease,
Well done on your WI, I remember that elated feeling!!! Enjoy it!!

I had my official WI this morning (official on my home scales), and I am up another 1.3 lbs, and suffice to say that I am devastated!!!
I think that just puts me back into the obese range, and means my final week of TFR has just been undone in 2 days.
I am feeling really bitter and upset right now, and amn't thinking logically at all, so I probably shouldn't post, but I'm doing it anyway.
I did actually eat a leftover 1/3 of a Maintenance bar last night, which puts my daily calories at 910! BUT I had the most stressful night ever, I was getting ready to leave for the supermarket at the agreed time and my BF started having a coronary because he had taken a clients website off line for some testing, and had discovered a problem, and couldn't drive me to the supermarket until he'd fixed it (and he's thorough, so "fixed" means flawless), and I didn't handle it the best. I didn't blow up or anything, just sighed and went to play the Sims in the other room, but I could have been supportive and loving. THEN, when we finally got out of the apartment we discovered the car battery was dead (our neighbour was like "oh yeah, I thought you'd left your lights on..." I can't believe he wouldn't have told us, he lives beneath us, it would have been 1 flight of stairs, and there's only 6 apartments, I would tell him!
So, that involved calling the bfs father and getting him to come out at 9pm to give us a jump start. Then my father called me on the phone as we were dealing with it, and he'd given me a new phone on Sat that I need to get unlocked for my network, and he asked how the phone was working out and just with everything else that was going on I forgot about the new phone and replied "what phone?" and dad doesn't have much money (I'm the eldest of 6 children), and I sounded really unappreciative (and he gave me money (600 euro) for new clothes after losing all the weight on Sat) and I couldn't tell him why I was so stressed cos he gave me the car for my 21st and I don't want him to be worrying about it costing me money.
Anyway, the car got going again, but it was touch and go for a little while, and then we had to drive it up and down the motorway for an hour to recharge the battery, and it was a bitterly cold night, and we couldn't have the heater on cos it would drain the battery, so to prevent the windscreen steaming up we had to have the windows open, and I was freezing, and I really needed to use the loo!
After that we went to the supermarket, and some B******s were doing crazy stuff with their cars (screeching and speeding and turning) and they came really close to hitting my bf as he got our shopping bags out of the boot, and I was so frightenend.
I did the shopping, which I had to do, because I'm committed to do this Halloween bake sale tomorrow (I'm a good baker), and I needed ingredients for the 200+ cakes that I am baking today, and also some stuff for during the week, and then of course the staff at Tesco decide that the only til they'll bother to open is the one that the receipts don't print on (wtf??? 30 checkouts and they open the broken one!!!) and I needed a receipt because I get the money back off the committee of the charity that the bakesale is for, and they get the profit. So I had to insist on a new til being opened.
Then I arrived home at about 1am, exhausted and stressed, and my bf broke into the beer and chocolate, and despite all my cravings and urges I had a cup of decaffinated tea and that 1/3 Maintenance bar, so I was feeling pretty proud of myself.....and then to wake up this morning and be up 1.3lbs! It's just devastating!
Now I'm crying...I'm such a loser!

AND I have to spend the whole day making carrot cake, jam doughnut muffins, fairy cakes, rocky road, brownies, and mud pies (chocolate muffins with a jelly worm sticking out).

I'm so scared all the weight will go back on! I will do anything to keep it off, I don't care how little I have to eat, I can't gain it back, i just simply can't!!!!

Sorry for the rant, sorry sorry sorry sorry

Love Guen :cry:

Do not despair. I am in my third week of maintenance - like you I have been eating healthily, but less than 1000 cals per day and my weight has been increasing slowly.... until this week. The chemist told me at last weigh-in that this is fairly normal and most people have a small increase after refeed.

HANG IN THERE!!!!:character00115:

God love you, that sounds like the night from hell, but seriously hang in there it's just your body settling in after your reintro to food, you'll start to lose again soon, you've done so well, and it will all be ok
There could I fit any more cliches in one email or not? do mean it all tho,
take care and chin up babe
Janie xxxxx

Day 8

Thanks guys, I do feel a lot better now.

I got all 200 cakes made, they're all packaged up and nestling in my hall for transport tomorrow.

I had my Maintenance bar and a cup of tea with skimmed milk for breakfast (210).

Then for lunch I had a small bowl of home made soup and a slice of homemade granary bread and a cup of tea with skimmed milk( 420 cals).

I ate a tiny portion of spaghetti bolognase and a salad (150 cals)
I had a WW toffee yoghurt, an apple and a nibble of white chocolate brownie (130 cals).

I am off to the pharmacy tomorrow, I bet they'll think i've been cheating!

Total calories intake today was 910.

Love Guen

Back