Gutted and need re-assurance

kd77

Hi,
I hope somebody can give me some re-assurance or advice. I have been doing SW for three weeks now and was doing really well (losing 7lb) until I got food poisoning last week and didn't eat for three whole days, going from 13st 7lb to 13st 4lb, and I have to say I was really chuffed and felt good. Felt much better Saturday and had a green day and stuck to it, yesterday I did red for most of the day and then wrongly decided to have a kfc last night with the children and hubby. Got on the scales this morning and was 13st 10lb, how can I have put on 6lb that quickly??? Was it because I had starved for three days and then started eating again, is it water retention or what, is it fat i've put on? I am really gutted and feeling guilty as hell and angry with myself. I could just sit and cry, :cry:Help!! :cry:

Hi, don't feel guilty or angry, not eating and being ill always has a bad effect, comfort eating a kfc won't do you any permanent harm so stick with it, draw a line under last week and start again this morning, and try not to weigh yourself 'cos that can affect your whole day and make you do things you wouldn't normally have done. I have been doing SW for three and a half years and love it!

Good Luck

Lynne

Hi ya i had gastric flu a few yrs ago and didn't eat at all for 8 days, i lost 16lbs and was really chuffed i had lost that much and hoped i could keep it off, but i had a slice of toast with butter and weighed and i had put on like 5lbs!!!! Then i had something else to eat and was same weight as when i got ill! So don't worry it will even out in the end, shame it doesn't stay off aye! Hope you are feeling better now, as previous poster said, draw a line under it and have a good week this week :) xxx

After I had a tonsillectomy a couple of years ago, I was mistakenly not given any painkillers. Consequently I lost a stone in 5 days as I couldn't swallow, and the second I had painkillers it went right back on... I was severly dehydrated and was about to be put on a drip, so for me that weight was mostly water.

Wasn't on sw at the time but I didn't let it get me down and you shouldn't either, just let your body recover and stick to plan where possible x

Thanks

Thank you for your replies, this has helped me feel better and not so guilty. I'm straight back to it today. Hoping for a good loss this week. x

You can do it!!! Just think positively :) xxx

ThatBubbs said:
After I had a tonsillectomy a couple of years ago, I was mistakenly not given any painkillers. Consequently I lost a stone in 5 days as I couldn't swallow, and the second I had painkillers it went right back on... I was severly dehydrated and was about to be put on a drip, so for me that weight was mostly water.

Wasn't on sw at the time but I didn't let it get me down and you shouldn't either, just let your body recover and stick to plan where possible x

Omg how did you survive without painkillers, I had mine out in January and I was on paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine and was still in pain.

X

MissyLisa said:
Omg how did you survive without painkillers, I had mine out in January and I was on paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine and was still in pain.

X

I didn't! I have a terrible pain tolerance anyway and as I lived alone at the time I just cried myself to sleep and slept where possible! After I saw the drs again they gave me tramadol as well as some high dosage diclofenac, which I combined with OTC painkillers that friends posted through my letterbox for me after a Facebook SOS! It was horrific, but I'm so glad I got rid of them!

You'll have been replacing the water you lost from your system from not drinking or retaining fluid for a few days. It will all balance out. One KFC will not put that much on so quickly. Just stick with the plan. :)

Thank you for your reply phaeona, yes it probably is water, it was just a real shock when i got on the scales :eek: xx

It will be water plus any food you still have in your system that has not worked its way through. Hope you get back on track now xx

Back