Gutted!!

Jus

Please Help!! I was so so so good last week, never went over 10 syns and used at least 2 of my healthy extras every day. But I've only lost 2lbs, i'm gutted!! You hear all these stories of people losing 6/7/8 even 9lbs in their first week!! I mainly do green days. What advice can anyone give to help speed my weight loss!! Thanks :)

are you eating superfree foods?

Only lost 2Ib's???

Thats' a brilliant weight loss!

You weigh out 2Ib's of potatoes and carry them around all day and then tell me its ONLY 2Ib's!!

Honey not everyone loses huge amounts in their first week and most of what they do lose tends to be water. I have lost on average 2 Ib's a week over my journey and I am really really happy with that, as its so much better to lose between 1-2Ib's a week, as I know I will have more chance of keeping it off.

watch your carb portions, some of the girls, including me, find it really hard to lose on green days. I only have 75g-100g Pasta and 50-75g rice. I only eat wholemeal of rice of pasta, as it helps you stay fuller for longer, its a resistant starch so helps you break down fat better and I have sweet potatoes not white potatoes and I do much better with my weight loss.

Also I hate to say it but exercise is the key! I am disabled and so is my partner but we walk nearly everyday! If we don't walk, we notice it in our weight losses, and our joints, and as a hypothyroidism girl I know that I must exercise to help boost my metabolism, and exercise is proven to make your metabolism work better. Just 20 mins 3-4 times a week will make a difference.

Make sure your snacking on superfree veg and fruit before you tuck into your syns.

Some girls swear by drinking their water daily as well.

Dont feel disheartened by your great loss hun, your going down...not up!! WELL DONE!!

I had a gain in my fist week at weigh in this morning, im not too disheartened but a bit dissapointed.
A 2 pound loss is fantastic! Keep up the good work!

2lb loss is great, I only lost 1.5lb in my first week. Not everyone loses big numbers. Don't forget it's only your first week so a lot of what you ate the week before (not on SW) will still be going through your system.

Keep up the good work! :)

dont be disheartened it normally water weight in the first week, eating lots of fruit really helps me i notice if i dont eat enough when wi in comes, and i try and drink as much as i can but tend to stop a few hours before i wi.

I agree - weigh out 2lb's & then say "only" 2lb :D

It is a lot of weight, hopefully you will be pleased once you can actually feel how much it does weigh.

Does your consultant have the 2lb fat piece?? Ours does & when you seeit like that, trust me your pleased when you have a loss of 2lb!

Have to agree with the others Hun. 2lb is a very good loss, even for a first week. I think the key is that we all want to loose weigh really quickly and sadly that isnt going to happen. Just think, the weight that you have put on didnt happen over night.
Well done on the loss Hun and just think, you are lighter now than a week ago!

x

2lb is just under a bag of sugar! So go to the kitchen or a shop and pick up that bag and then give yourself a pat on the back.

And trust me, it's not the amount you lose in your first week that matters - only how much you've lost by the last week. And by then you won't give two hoots how much you lost in week one.

2lbs is a great loss, You dont say how much you have to lose. From what I have seen the big losses are only from people who have a lot to lose (Which was me in the beginning) I joined slimming world in March and lost 1lb on my first week, I was still pleased with that. Give yourself a pat on the back and try to think long term.

Aww, you guys are ace!! I think I was expecting to look like Kate Moss after a week. I now know where I might be going wrong, I have been eating loads & loads of pasta & potatoes!! and not that much fruit & veg. I will aim to eat more fruit this week and less pasta! Thanks for the Photo Brightrosie, now I do feel better about losing 2lbs!! Lol

Thank-you everyone, you've helped me more than you probably realise! :)

Hey, I GAINED half a pound in my first week lol! The important thing to remember is that the smaller reductions in weight loss will result in you keeping it off for longer. The leader at my first meeting said she knew of people who had followed suggested mean plans to the letter and lost 9lbs in their first weeks - mostly water weight as my OH pointed out when I was feeling down. Keep at it sweetcheeks! xxx

Rather than too much fruit, I would aim for a lot of superfree veg if I were you. Do try and cut back on the carbs and try and do EE. It's fantastic!
Good luck, and 2 pounds is great, anyway!

Back