gutted

stickynicki

am gutted feel like giving up,ive had no carbs for 4 days i thought i was doing this diet but i must be doing something wrong as iaint lost a pound yet ,still waiting for my books to cum :wave_cry:

I'm afraid 4 days doesn't count as can take some time to use up sugar stores! Really need to do for 2 weeks to see where you are on scale for how resistant to lose (book describes)

Good luck and keep going:)

Maybe your eating something that's carbs that you don't realise? Like fruit. It only takes me a day to get into ketosis but then I won't lose weight until days after that. Have you tried ketostix? U can get them on amazon and you pee on them. When they are purple your in ketosis. That way you know your on the right track. Also are you watching how many calories you eat? If you eat more calories than your body needs it will get stored as fat regardless. Imagine eating a block of butter on 10 steaks. No carbs but too many calories xx

hi

yes i did have fruit lol... ive been eating bacon eggs for breakfast,chicken salad will mayo for dinner and steak and salad or tonight i had belly pork with salad and mayo on ,i dont think am doing it right :wave_cry:

Sounds right but fruit is pure sugar so you shouldn't be eating any at first. Sugar = carbs! I think your meant to limit tomatoes in salad to xx

Tally05 - sorry to hijack this thread but with the ketostix how many ++ indicates ketosis? It goes from 0 to +++++ I think!!

Thanks

dizzydawnie said:
Tally05 - sorry to hijack this thread but with the ketostix how many ++ indicates ketosis? It goes from 0 to +++++ I think!!

Thanks

Iv never bought any- my mum is a nurse and gets me them pee sticks you do at the doctors with like 10 squares on. One is a ketosis test :) you can be in various stages of ketosis. More pluses mean more ketones in your pee which means your burning more fat than say one or two pluses. As you start Atkins the first day will be low and after a few days as your body gets into it your ketones get higher. If you eat something bad it will go lower an thus less plusses xx

stickynicki said:
in my salad i only had spinich,plenty ov greens,i dont like them dirty red things lol.god am crap at this diet

U will get the hang of it! Try the recipe sticky that has loads of good meal ideas if your not sure! Xx

I thought we didn't really have to curb calories?????

Now I'm confused! Although I don't eat OTT I'm still eating full fat Mayo with stuff etc......

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

in my salad i only had spinich,plenty ov greens,i dont like them dirty red things lol.god am crap at this diet

You aren't crap, you're just impatient. You seem to be doing fine except for the fruit. Just keep checking with the stickies as to what you can eat, & give your body time. :)

triage999 said:
I thought we didn't really have to curb calories?????

Now I'm confused! Although I don't eat OTT I'm still eating full fat Mayo with stuff etc......

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You don't have to watch as much, but if you eat more calories than your body needs it will get stored as fat...it sort of cancels each other out. Your body is burning fat from one source and adding it somewhere else if you get me. X

This could be due to so many things but my first thought is, are you sticking to Induction 100%? Are you eating moderate portions, and not large ones? Are you snacking a lot? Are you eating only the allowed vegetables and not the ones to avoid such as carrots, onions and sweetcorn? Are you eating a lot of cheese? Cheese stalls so many of us here that it might just be the culprit. Some have no problem with it but others, including our Guru, Jim, find that it stalls him or even makes him gain. I have a problem with cheese too. Not good because I am vegetarian and used to eat a lot of cheese. To keep my weight down I need to severely ration it - make it an occasional treat.

If you are eating Atkins bars and sugar-free sweets, etc, those could be the reason you are not losing. They contain polyols - sugar alcohols - and those are notorious for stalling losses and even causing gains. Some people have no problem but a huge number of people, do.

When you first start Atkins you are on a learning curve. Over time you will find what works for you, and what doesn't, and what you can and cannot tolerate.

My reaction to your situation would be to go absolutely lean and green, no sugar-free stuff just yet, cut back - or cut out - cheese and dairy, and be sure to have 15g of green leafy vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, etc, not just salad) every day.

thank u girliegirl

i think your right i no am eating nice veg and meat,pork scratchings for a snack but i think my problem is cream as i dont like it but am having it in my drinks and i think even the sour cream to cook with is the problem so am going to cut it out for a while x

Back