Gutted....

Rhian26

Well, im not too sure how to start this thread off....

We have just found out that our Grandma has cancer. Im just gutted. Really gutted. I have lost 4 people already to this horrible disease and i cant believe that its happening again. It will be 10 years this year that i lost my dad to it....he was only 44 and he never got to know me properly as an adult and vice versa cause i was only 17 when he died. My Nana also around 15 years ago. Then i lost my Gran last year and now Grandma (its my fiance's grandma but always looked at her as mine too)

Im due to be weighed today but cant go due to this so am gonna have no shakes for my refeed over the weekend so this just tops it all!! I know that is nothing in comparison but i had my menu planned out and not too sure what to do now. Should i just stick to low carb, maybe boiled egg for brekkie and salads for lunch and tea? Just cant believe all this is happening....

Thanks for listening xxx

Rhian i am so sorry to hear your sad news i lost my nan and auntie to cancer, my thoughts go out to you and your grandma x

:hug99: hugz!!
it's horrible and touches so many people.

regarding re-feed, i'm only on day 5 so don't know much about it but from readin posts on here everyone seems to go with low carb so that might be your best bet.

take care chicky
sandie x

Thanks x

aww hun huge hugs and cuddles to you I am so sorry just dont no what to say hun just our prayers are with you hun xxxx

Hun Im So Sorry To Hear Your Sad News,my Thoughts Are With You And You Know We Are Always Here For You When You Need Us,((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) For You,
Elaine X

So sorry to hear this Rhian and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Could someone on here lend you some shakes as there is loads living in and around Manchester. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rhian...where are you in manc hun? i have some spares....
Sorry to hear about your Grandma xxx C is a horrible disease!!! Takes people who dont deserve to be taken.
If you cant get hold of any shakes hun...i would stick to no carbs ..you could have an omlette using one egg for brekkie.
Massive Hugs and thoughts coming your way xxxxx
Will pm you with some more stuff xx Take care hun x

Rhian so sorry to hear about you're nan. Food wise if you cant get hold of the trim, eat atkins would be my suggestion as it'll keep you in ketosis. Meat or fish of any kind, eggs a bit of salad and vegs.good luck pet!

So sorry to hear your Grandma has cancer Rhian:grouphugg:

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love Mini xxx

Rhian - I am sooo sorry to hear your sad news! Big hugs hun! You know we are here for you hun! I agree with Atkins route if you can't get any shakes. Be strong over the next few days pet!

I know how news like this devastates you and no words can really help - you need hugs from those who love you. I lost 5 family members (including my Mum and Dad) in 3 years, the youngest was 2 weeks before his 21st birthday. It's been 2 years now since the last one went and I truly believe we'll meet again in a better place.
I piled loads of weight on because I ate for comfort and for you it would be so sad to do that as you're losing so well. Try and keep strong and I agree with others who say to follow Atkins.

Hey guys! Posted this thread and not been on since....sorry!

Thanks for all your thoughts sent xxx

I haven't had a good weekend to be honest. I tried to stick to Atkins but being at hospital with no where to eat, i have just eaten what has been given me. I am not going to let it get me down tho cause i am going for my last WI tomorrow and i am going to stick on TFR for 1 more week. It just makes it easier going to and from hospital. I wont have to think what to eat next, ill just have my shakes there. Thank you so much for all your advice tho. I really wanted to stick to Atkins but there was no way i could have being stuck with no where to eat properly.

Thank you again for all your kind words. Not too sure when ill be on again so hope everyone has a good week......NO CHEATING NOW!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aww take care hun x x x

Sorry to hear about your Grandma, C really is horrible.

x

Chin up Rhian ,life is cruel at times .It seems you get no luck but always dig deep .My Mum died yesterday peacefully in hospital ,but really she died five years ago inside when my Dad left us .They are together again now ,a eternal love .I only started on Lipotrim two weeks ago so Mum never seen a big change in me.I'll try and carry on as you must Rhian but we get tested.
Ian

Back