Guy's Exante Diary

Guy

Likes to lurk
Hey all,

Was debating whether or not to start a diary on here or not as I have my wordpress blog where I like to store all my ramblings. So this thread will be more of a summary and essentially, shameless plug (link in my sig) for all my more detailed entries.

By way of a bit of back story……. I’m a 30 year old father of 3 from Essex who got so fed up in August 2008 of weighing nearly 22 stone that I decided to join Lighterlife. After completing 20 weeks of pure abstinence (no lapses :) ) and the entire RTM phase I had lost the better part of 9 stone to be 13 stone 2lbs with a BMI of 25. I’d never felt better.

After some ups and downs (in general and weight wise), I’d bloated to just over 17 and a half stone. So around half of the weight back on. I’d always promised myself that I wouldn’t go back on the packs but after careful consideration (and an ever shrinking wardrobe) I decided to go back on a VLCD to shift 3 stone or so and move back on to food with the knowledge and experience I just didn’t have last time around.

In short, I feel I owe it to myself to have another go and Exante offered me what I needed. Nice price, the ability to buy online and no requirement for counselling etc.

So today is day 3 of Exante total solutions and I’m feeling good. Bought a new set of scales yesterday and of course, had to try them out. In short I’m 6lbs down. I know it’s all water/glycogen etc but so what. Makes me feel good!

So I’ll be updating here with my weigh in results but if anyone is interested my wordpress blog goes all the way back to the start in 2008. I was surprised how much there was on there (hadn’t been there in a while). Includes all the good times and definitely some of the bad. I would totally recommend blogging (as I know most of you do here). I’ve found it quite therapeutic.

Anyway, I know the support on minimins is great and I’ve very much looking forward to keeping up with everyone’s progress.

G

Hey guy,

Like you I put weight on after getting married and having kids. I used to be a proper gym queen but what with all the extra commitments and extra responsibilities in work I've now reached 17st 7 which is my heaviest weight ever.

I realise that the above can be seen as excuses but they are there and they aren't going anywhere so I have to 'deal' with them and get my weight in order regardless.

Like you I am embarking on an Exante diet but I've only ordered this morning so it will be next week before I begin in earnest.

I've started a blog on this site to post my ramblings and as I am new to this site I will take some time to read other peoples posts and of course I will look at yours from 'Journeys beginning'.

J

Hi guy and welcome!! Good luck with exante and lets make 2011 our year to lose the flab once and for all x

Hi Guy
I remember reading your blog before I started LL. A great inspiration!I too have put on a fair bit and want to get down to what I want to this time. Good luck and hope we all do well in 2011 xx

Hey Guy, congrats on losing weight the 1st time round....you've done it once you can do it again!
Good luck with your exante journey :D
Onwards and downwards!

hey Guy, losing all that weight in such a short space of time was amazing ...you can do it again theres nothing holding you back. Good luck.

Hey Dudes. Well I have one full week under my belt and I'm happy to report a 11.5lb loss. That's more than my first week on Lighterlife. I guess that's cos I wasn't filling my glycogen stores with crimbo choccies the day before I started last time! :D

Anywho, as always more detail rambling/stats can be found on my wordpress blog (link in my sig).

Here's to week 2!

Thanks for al lthe kind words so far. :)

Excellent start Guy...well done!

Thats brilliant guy! you should be so pleased! might have a little look at your blog later as need to keep my mind away from munch!

xx

Tanks all. Week 3 weigh in yesterday and another 5lbs off. Hardly any movement until Monday but got there in the end. One more week of TS to go then I'm moving on to WS. :)

Back