Extra Easy Gym Protein Powders

powerlifter

Wondering if gym style after workout whey protein powders are syns or can be included in your daily allowance?

The nutritional information for the one I have used in the past is;
Per 25g:
Energy: 98.3Kcal
Energy: 414.0kJ
Protein (dry basis): 20.5g
Protein (as-is): 19.6g
Fat: 1.7g
Carbohydrates: 1.5g
Calcium: 125.0mg
Cholesterol: 0.5mg

I've seen a lot of things on protein powder after workouts on websites. What workout do you do and what does the protein shake actually do? I've lost almost 3 and a half stone now and am trying to tone up with exercise and some light weights x

I've seen a lot of things on protein powder after workouts on websites. What workout do you do and what does the protein shake actually do? I've lost almost 3 and a half stone now and am trying to tone up with exercise and some light weights x

'Lo!

Protein basically fuels your muscles, you know after you've worked out or strained and you get the horrible burning stiff feeling in your thighs or upper arms? Protein powders work to minimize that so you can carry on the next day, rather than taking 2-3 days off being in pain! Depending on how much exercise you do, people are supposed to have between 40-100g of protein a day. You could just as easily eat a lot of protein rich food, but a lot of people (myself included) find protein shakes more convenient.

Your best bet for toning is strength, but if you're still losing weight then equal strength and cardio is better. Instead of squats, use weights and do bicep curls at the same time, you want to work as many muscles simultaneously as possible for maximum burn.When I

When I'm being good (and before a month long trip to USA ruined my diet!), I do 1 level of 30day shred a day and am attempting to get back into running. You might prefer the gym to an at home workout, but I find 30DS is pretty good for toning up!
X

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look into them and might try them for a bit. Just begrudge using my syns on them at the moment!
I have the 30 day shred DVD. Will give it a go, I normally get to day 3 or 4 and give up as I'm so achy I can't even sit down! X

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look into them and might try them for a bit. Just begrudge using my syns on them at the moment!
I have the 30 day shred DVD. Will give it a go, I normally get to day 3 or 4 and give up as I'm so achy I can't even sit down! X

Oh I know that feeling, I walk around like the tin man for a few days and then have to start all over again, protein shakes and a hot bath definitely help though. The lowest one I've found is 4.5 Syns and you can get it in different flavours, I always feel a bit like I'm having a milkshake as use almond milk from HeA with it!
X

Oh I know that feeling, I walk around like the tin man for a few days and then have to start all over again, protein shakes and a hot bath definitely help though. The lowest one I've found is 4.5 Syns and you can get it in different flavours, I always feel a bit like I'm having a milkshake as use almond milk from HeA with it! X

Which one is it that you use?

Which one is it that you use?

I use Impact Whey and get it from Myprotein, have some lovely flavors, raspberry and salted caramel are my faves, obviously they're a bit worse for you than unflavored but worth it I think.
X

I use Impact Whey and get it from Myprotein, have some lovely flavors, raspberry and salted caramel are my faves, obviously they're a bit worse for you than unflavored but worth it I think.
X
That is the ones I am using at the moment, not too bad when mixed with water or your milk healthy option.

Back