GYM V SLIMMING WORLD

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
Well iv'e taken a huge plunge and decided to join a gym today rely looking forward to my first session. But i cant afford to do both the gym and carry on going to slimming world so after much thought the gym won!! Gonna carry on slimming world at home only got 12lb to go now but as the weight loss has slowed down (almost to a halt) I have decided to get toned up and give the gym a go... Hope i am making the right decision?? I still feel motivated with my healthy eating and feel like my diet has changed for life, will prob weigh and measure myself once a month?? Anyone got any good workout advice?? :whacky068:

So far loving the gym!! Bit worried about going it alone off slimming world!! But i will have to keep a food diary to make sure i stay on track!! got a induction next week so will get then to weigh and measure me as advised!! Had a big blow out sat night at a party, but back on track sunday with the king of all hangovers!!!! oups :break_diet:

I've been slimming worlding for a while now and my weight loss gas slowed. I'm in a similar position to u and have decided after much thought that I am going to join a gym tonight. Think it's better to tone up and plus I know slimming world so probably can do it alone! How often are u going to the gym?
Ali

I've been slimming worlding for a while now and my weight loss gas slowed. I'm in a similar position to u and have decided after much thought that I am going to join a gym tonight. Think it's better to tone up and plus I know slimming world so probably can do it alone! How often are u going to the gym?
Ali

Hi Ali, going 3 times a week at mo, I go for about 2 1/2 hrs and pace myself, inc swimming and 15 mins in jacuzzi, got to have some perks!! I think iv'e made the right decision, think you can go on forever with slimming clubs!? Think now the money is better spent on toning up too!! You just get stuck in a rut when your not getting the losses week in week out! Let me know how you get on?? :D Hey you from wakefield me too small world!!

Thats similar to what I'm doing...last yr I went to WW and lost a bunch of weight...stoppped and then put it back on!!

So a few weeks ago, my friend roped me into signing up for the gym, we WAS going to go back to WW but because of cost I'd rather go to the gym instead! Besides, if you know how to do the plan. And its been working for you, then I dont think you need pay someone to tell you you've lost weight (or put on and get a lecture lol).

The only downside I've found is that I'm not as competitive (if thats the right word) now. Im more laid back. Whereas before, I'd plan everything down to a T for weigh in day!!

Good luck :)

lizzielipps said:
Hi Ali, going 3 times a week at mo, I go for about 2 1/2 hrs and pace myself, inc swimming and 15 mins in jacuzzi, got to have some perks!! I think iv'e made the right decision, think you can go on forever with slimming clubs!? Think now the money is better spent on toning up too!! You just get stuck in a rut when your not getting the losses week in week out! Let me know how you get on?? :D Hey you from wakefield me too small world!!

U must not be at the same gym I'm joining if u have a pool and a jacuzzi!! Think thornes park is a bit more simple than that. I won't be able to have a long time there either, I will have to go after work and probably be very tired.(excuses already!) I'm looking forward to going for it in the summer hols, hopefully losing the half a stone i have put on since my first sw attempt. Just need to get joined up now.

U must not be at the same gym I'm joining if u have a pool and a jacuzzi!! Think thornes park is a bit more simple than that. I won't be able to have a long time there either, I will have to go after work and probably be very tired.(excuses already!) I'm looking forward to going for it in the summer hols, hopefully losing the half a stone i have put on since my first sw attempt. Just need to get joined up now.

Yes need to get stuck into it asap, no way do i want to put any weight back on!! I get the afternoons due to little one going to nursery for 3 hrs it's bliss!!
:D:D:D:D

I've recently joined the works gym and am really enjoying going. I love doing the classes.

Are you following a programme? I find when I exercise I sleep better and generally feel better. Worth doing for that alone.

I've recently joined the works gym and am really enjoying going. I love doing the classes.

Are you following a programme? I find when I exercise I sleep better and generally feel better. Worth doing for that alone.

Yes feeling the benefits too!! Not got a program yet but i push myself so much more than i would at home!!:D

Back