Gym!

10st10lbs

Gold Member
Bit of a pathetic thread title but there we go...!

I haven't done any proper exercise in months, and have been in denial about my weight gain for all of these months. I am now struggling to fit into my clothes and also even just walking up the stairs at work. Well, they are escalators and I just like walking up them as it makes me feel like SuperWoman, but it's hard! I have devised a new plan, which all started off with hearing that my work gym is £2 a month! Had to wait two months before I could join up, or so I was told, and am now a member- yay! I've had my induction and my security pass has been updated to give me 24/7 access to the building, but here's my plan, and I sure as hell intend to stick to it!

My working day is 10am-6pm, but I have to leave home around 9am to get there on time, so I can't exercise before then. I have a break from 12:00-12:20pm, in which I intend to eat my lunch (I will have to start making lunch so I can get it down me in that time rather than spend ten minutes in a queue in the canteen) and then my lunch is at a different time every day, but it's for an hour, either 1:30-2:30pm, 2:00-3:00pm, or 2:30-3:30pm. In this hour, I want to go to the gym and do something, anything, for a minimum of 40 mins.

I need to record it somewhere and I am going to need regular kicks up my a$$ if you don't see any updates on here! I have asked one of the girls on my team at work to threaten me with something new every day, to make me go. Tomorrow's threat is that if I don't go to the gym, she will tell one of our colleagues who really fancies me that I fancy him back and am even considering jumping straight to proposing so he knows how serious I am about him... HAH!

I want to regain control over my eating habits too, but all I can see ahead is the Christmas holidays, which I don't celebrate, and I WILL be working every possible working day. I could blame the free drinks machines in the office or the easy accessible vending machines, but I know I'd be lying to myself.

Another thing is, it's my 21st in just over a month, and I plan to have a nice quiet birthday meal with my best friends and uni friends, whom I haven't seen properly since May/June. The last thing I want is to have to wear a scarf and a baggy jumper in my inevitable birthday pictures! I want to feel confident about my body again and not cringe when I look down unsuspectingly and catch sight of my spare tyres and my podgy thighs! I think I'm going to schedule a few sessions with the PT in the gym and tell him exactly what I want to achieve... I've never spoken to a PT before so I don't know how hard he'll push me, but I hope with the combination of all the support on MiniMins and the daily threats from my colleagues, I may not even need his help!

If there is anyone reading who wants to be my workout buddy, swap numbers, share tips, shower me with encouragement, ANYTHING AT ALL, then please please please please please DO! I am going to re-download the MiniMins app on my iPhone and I will come on here when I'm standing on the treadmill? cross-trainer? tomorrow!

A

x

you sound really motivated, so im sure you willget on great in the gym and you will look great for your 21st.

ill pm you my details, if you wanna buddy up... :)

im up to buddy up with anyone, pm me if you want my details :)

Hey chicks, got both your private messages! Much appreciated and will reply ASAP, figured out that there's NO signal in our underground gym (duh me) so I am resorting to watching episodes of Spooks and 90210 while working out! On Wednesday, I lost my locker key and couldn't get my gym stuff out, so didn't go. On Thursday, I did half an hour free on the cross trainer. On Friday, I did 10 mins in weight loss mode on the sit down bike and 17 mins on the treadmill switching between 5kph at 2% incline and 8kph at 3.5% incline. I'm just kinda getting to grips with all the machines at the mo and hoping to get at least 40 mins in today... Wish me luck xxx

I can't remember what I did at the gym yesterday! I think it was 10 mins on the sit down bike, 10 mins on the cross trainer and about 15 mins on the treadmill... I *think*! I felt the strain quite bad after my session and TMI alert- I could feel a burn in my abs when straining for the loo! So I was happy that it was finally feeling like my efforts were paying off... Then I went and pulled my calf muscle in my sleep :( I woke up screaming/crying as I do, and have spent all day being really careful not to tense it but it's still very sore. Had an extended lunch break today due to some overtime I'd built up, went to the Apple store, H&M and River Island, for an exchange, a refund and a browse, and then to the gym for 10 mins on the bike, 15 mins brisk walking on the treadmill and 10 mins on the cross trainer. I did want to do C25K but I've gotten into the habit of watching stuff while exercising and wasn't sure how I could do both at the same time... Anyhoooo, let's see what happens tomorrow :) Hope you're all fab xxx

Need to keep up with daily posts, I keep forgetting what I've done at the gym... I did 15 mins brisk walk with a bit of running at the end on the treadmill, 10 mins on the sit down bike, 5 mins on the treadmill and 2 mins on the stepper- I *think*! And I KNOW I did that, minus the stepper, yesterday (Friday)... Now I have four days off work, SO HAPPY!, but I don't want to get lazy about it... We have a treadmill at home so if I do half an hour every day, that'll keep me in the same-ish routine. I've started on season three of Spooks so I'll still have stuff to watch, the time flies much faster when I'm trying to work out who tortured who as opposed to how long my own torture will go on for!

Anyone else still in the workout mindset? Or have you all given up over Christmas? xxx

Saturday, neh. Sunday, neh. Monday, 35+ mins on treadmill. Today, zilch. If I had been in normal shifts, today would have been my day off so I wouldn't have done anything anyway...

I feel rotten, I'm almost 3 weeks late and starting to get to the point now where every morning I feel like I'm on but then I never am.

Also, today has been a rubbish day, it's gone from crap to bullcrap and pretty soon it will hit horsecrap, proper royal horsecrap, like the one that the police horses do and the officers don't clean up...

xxx

15 mins treadmill, 10 mins sit down bike, 5 mins cross trainer... Getting into a bit of a routine here, anyone want to tell me something else to try so I can mix it up? Btw, I also do a fair bit of walking during the day, but the positive effects are usually reversed by hot chocolate/Vimto/vending machine goodies as I get very easily stressed at work. Today was NOT a good day, but not bad in terms of food control.

Sooooooooo tired *yawn*

xxx

Thursday, 10 or 15 mins on treadmill, can't remember which, resistance machines for legs/thighs/hips, then 10 mins on sit down bike. Would have done 5 mins on cross trainer but I was getting late. Didn't go today, came on just before the break that I have my lunch in, and I hadn't come prepared with lunch, plus I haven't had lunch with my work girls for quite a while now, I'm at the gym in our usual together time. So we went to the canteen and had pizza and wedges, and I got given eff loads of wedges (the lunch staff are quite a bit generous and even more so when there are three trays of food left with ten minutes serving time and hardly anyone coming down for lunch!) which I am proud to say I donated most of to Human Dustbin Boy. It's okay, I'm not making him fat, he climbs mountains and stuff on the weekends and he never turns down free food, so... :)

I've been in slight uncomfortableness all day, my legs feel heavy and hollow, my back is very sore and I suffer from very bad cramps. All those symptoms did drastically reduce when I lost weight so that's another incentive.

If there's anyone reading, please suggest workouts for 40 mins?! Thank you in advance!

A
xxx

Hiya,

First off well done on your effort to get back to the gym. I am exactly the same have got VERY slack - think I used my membership twice a month on average last year! :-(

I will say though that the fastest way to give up on it is by expecting too much of yourself!! 40 mins a day 5 days a week when you are out of practice is probably WAY too much!

Why dont you only plan to spend say 20 mins a day for 4 days or, 40 minutes for 3 days? How about you write down here every monday your plan for the week: what days you will go, how long you will spend and what you will do.

Eg: Monday - 40 minutes (20 mins treadmill/20 mins bike)
Tuesday - Walk around my block 15 minutes
Wedenesday gym: 20 minutes light hand weights
etc.

You wont get bored hopefully if you mix it up, and by writing a schedule for the week on a monday you will feel like you have a "plan"!

Im going to stay on this forum and do exactly the same as I just said to you! Hope we can motivate each other!

Oh and any pain you are feeling is normal, but DO take it easy on yourself! A walk around the block is better than nothing!

Cat :):)

This week's PLAN!

I have a very busy week ahead and I hope to squeeze the following in!

My week's plan:

Monday: 20 minutes walk locally
Tuesday: 30 minute Bodyline class at gym
Wednesday: 20 minute walk locally
Thursday: 20 minutes treadmill @ gym (maybe a swim after)
Friday: 20 minute morning swim @ gym

Hope it fits!

Need to start combining SW with C25K if I want to see any results, just bought this dress http://m.missselfridge.com/mt/www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33055&storeId=12554&productId=4198273&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208037&parent_categoryId=208036&pageSize=20&refinements=Colour{1}~[red]&noOfRefinements=1 and really don't want to have to return it because I felt like the Special K girl when I tried it on!!!

xxx

Good on you for keeping with the C5K!! I tried to view the dress but the link was too long and only took me to the home page! This is my first week back in "fit" mode as i was sick last week. So far:
Monday: 20 minute walk and 15 minutes hand weights at home with hubby
Tuesday: 1.5 hours at gym - yoga class, hand weights and swim
Wednesday: 30 minute walk with my friend

I hope to get a swim in tomorrow morning and on Friday, maybe a beach walk! The weekend is pretty open so far!

Yep, I did day 1 of week 2 and my legs feel like they've been set on fire. I saw an improvement in the sense that I didn't find myself getting embarrassingly out of breath, and the gym is getting more and more packed with people huffing and puffing- better they do something about it now rather than later :) there's little 5ft2 me in my hotpants and four hot sweaty 6ft+ men doing 5/6/7k in the same time I do one podcast! I am in agony :(

xxx

Back