Gym

FattyMcBigbum

Gold Member
I've not had a great week again this week and I don't think I'm going to get away with it like I did last week.

On a good note I found a gym! I've been thinking about going to the gym for a while but could only find big commercial ones in my area so I just bought a Wii Fit instead. However last week my brother-in-law mentioned that he wanted to go to the gym and I started to look again and found one, and it's within walking distance! It's a hotel at the end of my street, I never had any idea it did the things it does, as far as I knew it was just a bog standard hotel but nooo it is much more than that. Me my partner and his brother went to check it out today and it has 3 gym rooms with lots of different machines, Step Aerobics, Dance, Yoga, Ju-Jitsu, Boxing fit and Spin classes, 3 squash courts, a steam room, a sauna, a hair salon, a women only gym and you can get massages too!!! not to mention the bar and pool room. We are just waiting on a call from the trainer to arrange an appointment for a health test and be shown how to use the machines and a fitness plan then we can set up our membership which by the way is only £29 a month no minimum contract :D

While searching for a gym I signed up online for a day pass at one of the commercial gym's Fitness First I was still looking around their website when the phone rang it was them!! some chirpy girl on the other end of the phone telling me they'd received my application for a free day pass blah blah blah and had me arranging an appointment to check the place out, it felt like they were desperate for me to go and I felt that if I went they would be talking me into signing some 12 month contract for extortionate prices before I'd even realise I had a pen in my hand, it really put me off and when she phoned on Sunday to confirm I was going today I made an excuse and told them I would ring them when I was free to try it out, I won't be! lol

Sounds like she was over enthusiastic!

Hey, Just picked up this blogg at work and thought I would reply to say sorry for our over enthusiastic and a bit pushy staff member. I work for Fitness First as UK Marketing Manager and, of course, it is never our intention to come across like this.

Love the sound of the other health club you were talking about! I hope you joined somewhere anyway.

Best of luck with the new regime!!

David

I've not had a great week again this week and I don't think I'm going to get away with it like I did last week.

On a good note I found a gym! I've been thinking about going to the gym for a while but could only find big commercial ones in my area so I just bought a Wii Fit instead. However last week my brother-in-law mentioned that he wanted to go to the gym and I started to look again and found one, and it's within walking distance! It's a hotel at the end of my street, I never had any idea it did the things it does, as far as I knew it was just a bog standard hotel but nooo it is much more than that. Me my partner and his brother went to check it out today and it has 3 gym rooms with lots of different machines, Step Aerobics, Dance, Yoga, Ju-Jitsu, Boxing fit and Spin classes, 3 squash courts, a steam room, a sauna, a hair salon, a women only gym and you can get massages too!!! not to mention the bar and pool room. We are just waiting on a call from the trainer to arrange an appointment for a health test and be shown how to use the machines and a fitness plan then we can set up our membership which by the way is only £29 a month no minimum contract :D

While searching for a gym I signed up online for a day pass at one of the commercial gym's Fitness First I was still looking around their website when the phone rang it was them!! some chirpy girl on the other end of the phone telling me they'd received my application for a free day pass blah blah blah and had me arranging an appointment to check the place out, it felt like they were desperate for me to go and I felt that if I went they would be talking me into signing some 12 month contract for extortionate prices before I'd even realise I had a pen in my hand, it really put me off and when she phoned on Sunday to confirm I was going today I made an excuse and told them I would ring them when I was free to try it out, I won't be! lol

Thanks David, she just seemed very happy and friendly and took control of the conversation from the start but that's probably because I was in shock that it had only been a couple of minutes after making the application that I got the call. Can't really fault her for her enthusiasm it just shocked me.

Tell you what though it's been 3 days since I checked this other gym and the fitness instructor still hasn't called back to book an appointment... I can't win!! lol

I had the same thing... signed up for the free pass thing months ago and Im still bugged daily.
I was a member of fitness first but change of circumstances meant I had to move and leave my job. I had to pay £75 to get out the contract! I cancelled my direct debit and they wrote to me saying I owed them money. It was apparently all cleared when I paid off the contract but now Im in a position to rejoin they say I owe the £30 to clear my account before I can rejoin!! Yeah right... think I'll be looking for a local place too!
I wanted to go back to fitness 1st but there's a limit to what Im gonna pay out to do so!

Back