H Extra Porridge

It says in your book that you can swap for shops own brand so if you make sure the weight is the same and it is plain then I don't see why it wouldn't be a HexB.

It says in your book that you can swap for shops own brand so if you make sure the weight is the same and it is plain then I don't see why it wouldn't be a HexB.

I dont think that right - different brands have different amounts of fibre in which is what qualifies it to be a HEXB.

I might be wrong though, where does it say it in the book? (I dont have the newest book so maybe things have changed).

PS The OP is talking about those instant porridge sachets - not just normal porridge, which is basic and yes can just be 35g of any plain porridge oats. The instant porridge is not the same thing cos its processed so might not have all the fibre in.

Alsmum said:

It did used to say that in the cereal pages in the book, but don't know if it still does :)

Page 23 of the current book: you can replace any branded cereal with a supermarket own-brand of the same cereal. Cereals not listed as a Healthy Extra have a syn value. See p39 of the syn section.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

yeah it just says a 27g sachet of porridge and 1 ryvita. i never have the ryvita though. i always forget.

Although one thing i get confused about is it says in the free branded foods book that you can have quaker sachets and quaker paw-ridge sachets as a HEB now, ive never seen these about but i have seen the kids quaker ones with a big bear on the front but it doesnt say paw-ridge. are these one and the same do you know??

Back