Step 1 Sole Source Had a month off, day 1 again.

melissa85

Silver Member
Ey everyone well I'm back after having 4 weeks off plan due to a week away abroad and then just not being able to get back in to it but it's day one again and hoping to do great these next couple of months. I got weighed yesterday and gained 14lbs in the 4 weeks which is what I was expecting. I know I can shift that in the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck x

Ey everyone well I'm back after having 4 weeks off plan due to a week away abroad and then just not being able to get back in to it but it's day one again and hoping to do great these next couple of months. I got weighed yesterday and gained 14lbs in the 4 weeks which is what I was expecting. I know I can shift that in the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck x

Hi Melissa,

I am on my first day of ss today after a failed attempt a few months ago. I find it so difficult getting in to ketosis, but am convinced that if I break the barrier, it will become much easier. Do you remember when you first started? Any advice?

Hi Melissa, I am on my first day of ss today after a failed attempt a few months ago. I find it so difficult getting in to ketosis, but am convinced that if I break the barrier, it will become much easier. Do you remember when you first started? Any advice?

Hey mixed chick.
I've done this diet a couple of times and it does get easier by day 4-5 bit u have to keep busy I have really long baths and early nights as u have to break ur old routine ( for me that was usually finish work order dinner and watch tv) you have to establish a new routine so ur mind is kept busy as it is the mental process that is the toughest to break.
I'm on day 2 and starving lol and a splitter of a sore head. But decided to do overtime at work so I'm not tempted at home lol.
Good luck ul be fine just take it a day at a time and try at least a week 100% ul get weighed and have a great loss then u won't want to cheat.

If you really must eat eat chicken xxx

Hey mixed chick.
I've done this diet a couple of times and it does get easier by day 4-5 bit u have to keep busy I have really long baths and early nights as u have to break ur old routine ( for me that was usually finish work order dinner and watch tv) you have to establish a new routine so ur mind is kept busy as it is the mental process that is the toughest to break.
I'm on day 2 and starving lol and a splitter of a sore head. But decided to do overtime at work so I'm not tempted at home lol.
Good luck ul be fine just take it a day at a time and try at least a week 100% ul get weighed and have a great loss then u won't want to cheat.

If you really must eat eat chicken xxx

Okay, I hope I can stick to it. I'm on day two now as well. I had four products yesterday and have had 1 so far today.

In regards to your headache, do you find that more water helps?

I'm feeling pretty positive at the moment but I think I may be the opposite to you, I eat more when I am out of the house e.g when at work I'll go for lunch with colleagues or we all share snacks etc. Will try to find more things to do at home to distract myself! Might end up changing my nail varnish a few times a week lol. Hopefully we will both be successful in sticking to ss 100% until next weigh in.

And I'm a vegetarian, but the quorn chicken is good too!

Thanks xx

Meet your sister! I'm starting back today after a whole month off...

I planned to have three weeks off as my sister got married on 16th March, plus another friend was getting married on 8th April. Then other events popped up pushing the restart to this week. Was supposed to start on Monday but couldn't find the motivation, yesterday I just wasn't organised and left everything I need at home(!)

Woke up this morning, really positive and raring to go! My wedding is in 7 weeks... I so do not want to look fat on my wedding day!

Aaarrrggghhh fell off the wagon past 2 days. Why can't I get back in to it it's stressing me out knowing I can do it but I seem to be chucking it away. I hope the rest of u are doing better that me I get weighed on Sunday as long as I lose at least a 1lb I just don't want another gain.

Why can't I get back in to it it's stressing me out knowing I can do it but I seem to be chucking it away

Well... (it's the million dollar question, right?)

Because it's hard to not eat real food, especially if people around you are. Because a little voice tells you that it doesn't matter, cos a fortnight back on plan will get you back on track. But that little voice is lying cos staying on plan for a fortnight is a big ask - it's not easy to do, though your brain's conveniently forgotten that! It's forgotten you have to have a plan to stick to the plan. Oh, and one of the biggest reasons - you're slimmer than you were, so it doesn't seem quite so important any more. It's a "I'd like to lose weight" instead of a "I must lose weight!".

There are a few ways to go:

- Introduce some food deliberately - do SS+ or 810 (the weekly weight loss is practically the same to SS)
- Set yourself a target of days to stick to it - start small - try 3! Then if you can managed that, try a week, a month etc.
or, the nuclear option
- Find another diet and resign yourself to losing weight at half the speed you'd lose it on Cambridge.

But you can do this. You just have to get to a slightly different mindset than the one you had at the start. It was new and exciting then, now it's a bit more, "Oh... *This* again!"

I am exactly the same.i lost a stone in 3 weeks but had a week off and didn't gain so I think that encouraged me to carry on eating :(The next week input on 5lbs.
I'm on day 2 now and have headaches which seem to be worse than last time.
I thought it would be easy to get back on track but as the diet is so restrictive I keep thinking I will start tomorrow and enjoy my last day of eating!
Need my motivation back!!

I'm on day 11. I've lost 16lb since two days prior to that (cut down hoping I'd go into ketosis quicker). On day 8 I moved to Sole Source plus as I was so light headed and hungry. Had a couple of good days but have felt sick, shaky and light headed today. I haven't tripped up at all. Can't work out what it is. I work full time in a very busy role, (mainly brain taxing as opposed to being on my feet) and I drive a lot?????? Really don't want to give up. Had to have my last meal at 3.30 for fear of passing out!!!!

Hey guys,

So I'm on day 5 now. I am sticking to the ss+ but kinda switched it up yesterday. I really felt like real food lol so I had 200g quorn chicken pieces with a mushroom and a little green pepper instead of my fourth shake. I really hope this doesn't affect my weight loss as I'm pretty sure that I had gone into ketosis yesterday morning! (Had the dry mouth, smelly breath, energy etc) Anyway, my problem at the minute is the boredom! Is anyone else just bored? I miss going out to dinner with friends and the OH. I feel like I need to find some other social activities to do that don't involve food or drink lol. Sounds crazy, and typical of a fat girl but has anyone got any suggestions?

Skinnybunny your weight loss is great, keep it up! Have you been drinking enough water? Whenever I feel funny I just drink more, or make a fruit tea. Seems to help, though it may be a bit of a placebo effect.

Skinnybunny your weight loss is great, keep it up! Have you been drinking enough water? Whenever I feel funny I just drink more, or make a fruit tea. Seems to help, though it may be a bit of a placebo effect.

Thank you. Feel more normal again today.

Just a bit disappointed that I have not reached the euphoria everyone talks about. I'm not hungry but my stomach hurts with emptiness and my head just isn't quite right. I'm determined to hit 10 stone before the summer (currently 11st 12) and so am going to forge ahead. You are right about water. Had to drive 240 miles this am so took a flask of hot water with me. Every time my tummy hurt, it eased it.

Hey guys, So I'm on day 5 now. I am sticking to the ss+ but kinda switched it up yesterday. I really felt like real food lol so I had 200g quorn chicken pieces with a mushroom and a little green pepper instead of my fourth shake. I really hope this doesn't affect my weight loss as I'm pretty sure that I had gone into ketosis yesterday morning! (Had the dry mouth, smelly breath, energy etc) Anyway, my problem at the minute is the boredom! Is anyone else just bored? I miss going out to dinner with friends and the OH. I feel like I need to find some other social activities to do that don't involve food or drink lol. Sounds crazy, and typical of a fat girl but has anyone got any suggestions?

I know what you mean about boredom. I was a nightmare last Sunday because it was raining and after I'd walked the dogs I was just sitting around counting down the minutes until my next shake. . The week, although a zillion times busier and more energy consuming is far easier! And I know what you mean. If your life has revolved around food, it's the only thing you can think of to fill the gap. A few years ago I decided to give up drinking. Realised that my life revolved around it and as I hit my mid 30s thought that I was outgrowing falling out of pubs! I took up horse riding - a hobby I'd left in childhood. It more than filled the gap!!! On this horrific diet, we've got to think about what we should be doing when all we want to do is reach for the tiger bread and Cheese! Got to keep this weight off!!Need more hobbies!!!

Well still managed to lose 4lb this week which I'm happy about however on day 1 again lol. I'm determined to see this's week out at 100% plenty baths and gardening for me this week lol.

How is everybody else doing?

Back