Had a thought

salsaqueen

I tend not to be hungry in the mornings and starving by evening, also I like a treat of an evening (who doesn;t) my weight loss over the last 7 weeks has been consistant but not spectacular, 3lb is a massive weight loss for me......anyway to get to the point do you think it would be worth trying to have a larger breakfast and dinner and making the evening meal small? don't know what I hope to achieve by this apart from a greater weight loss, all thoughts welcome.

That sounds as if it will suit you better, there a verse

'Breakfast like a King'
'Lunch Like A Prince'
'Dinner like a pauper'

I think that's how it goes, so maybe it will kick start your weight loss if you try it this way for a week, especially if it curbs your hunger in the evenings, good luck to you.

I'm not good at eatting first thing,,but am trying as always hungry on an evening they say it kick starts your metabolism to have agood b/fast
like the others say it may be what you have to do its just changing things isnt it has worked 4 me in the past!

I can't eat first thing so I have my breakfast when I get to work. The possible problem with not eating on SW is that you may not be eating enough during the day and that might be slowing your weight loss down.

I do find it strange but it seems to be the more people eat the more they loose. :)

Breakfast

I didn't used to eat breakfast until I had got back from the school run and, on a supermarket shopping day, even later than that. My consultant advised me to try to eat a small breakfast e.g. a boiled or frylight fried egg, to get my body going and eat plenty according to my hunger in the morning. I've found that I can stomach vlf yoghurt with berries first thing and then I have porridge or a SW cooked breakfast later. This has really worked for me as (a) my weight loss has been consistent and (b) I am not hungry after tea so I am not snacking in the evenings. Protein or soup keeps you fuller for longer (confirmed by the BBC doc. recently) so give breakfast a go and see how your hunger is throughout the day. SW has taught me to listen to my body more and the Extra Easy plan has been the simplest for this as no planning is needed.

Best Wishes for your SW journey :)

I used to skip breakfast, but then find I was ravenous by the time I got home from work and used to eat while preparing tea. It took a while, but now I have breaksfast every day and enjoy it. The other thing I've done is have a much bigger lunch. As long as it's "legal" . Then I still have a big tea. The size of your meal doesn't really matter. As long as you use the free food to bulk it out and eat all your syns and healthy extras you shouldn't be hungry. I have a sneaking suspicion you aren't eating enough! (I know it's difficult to believe) Why don't you post a days menus and we will be able to help you.

I'm a massive adocate of eat loads whenever! I always have a breakfast, and i'm similar to The Maid, i have something small before the school run if we're tight for time, like a banana or apple then have weetabix when i get home. Weekends we usually have some kind of cooked breakfast, poached egg on toast or the perennial favourite full english. If you're hungry it's best to eat something. If you want to be sure your evening meal isn't sitting in your stomach all night you should eat 3 hours before bed, (minimum of two hours before) so that your food has time to digest properly before laying down. Also we found out last week that the national average weight loss for someone at SW is 0.5lb per week (i think it was it certainly wasn't more than 1lb) so as long as you're losing you're going the right way :)

I never have time for anything before school run, its just too hectic, so while my DD is having her breakfast I have a big glass of water while Im getting things ready for school.... it would be like a pint.
Then when school run is over I always have a big breakfast. If its cooked.. its big and if its fruit or something, its still big. Keeps me full til lunch... then lunch isnt just so big(but not tiny either), then dinner is what I call 'normal' size. lol

Intesting thoughts, I have to be in school by 8.20 and get my own three off on their way before that, I have been having a piece of smocked haddock but I'm getting fed up with that....thought I might have a tin of spaggetti instead, Lunch is at 1.15 so I have a packet of ryvita minis with a banana an another piece of fruit and a diet cherry coke, dinner might be jacket potato and beans or chop and rice or fish, then I might make myself a latte with my nespresso machine using my skimmed milk allowance. Then I'm looking round for something to eat in the evenings.

Back