had a weigh in at day 5, i was disappointed id only lost 3lbs

bretnee

had a weigh in at day 5, i was disappointed id only lost 3lbs :(
reason i didnt have a 7 day weigh in was because i was not available on day 7 to visit my consultant.
She told me i was doing something wrong as i hadnt lost a lot of weight and should have lost a bit more
It boiled down to me eatting bits of red cabbage n carrot from my mixed seasonal salad from morrisons, i'd also consumed 5ml of anti-histamine, prition in liquid form which is sweet. So left feeling quite disheartened and upset. ive had a nasty cold for 3 days now, cant shake it off! Been taking paracetamol as cant take anything else. Really run down to the max at the moment and missing comfort foods BUT im carrying on going as i know this diet is giving me more nutrients than what i would normally consume.
BUT, i am missing my cakes, crisps and biscuits :(
Today was day 7, due to the type of work i do, i have not been able to drink any more than 2 pints so far. i will try and drink another 2 but will mean constant trips to loo in the night
Please weight, fall off me soon LOL
x

Personally i think that is awful of your consultant to say that - demoralising and harsh. She should know better. Weight loss isn't linear - doesn't go down in a nice steady line. I'll sometimes go 4 or 5 days with no move or only 1-2lbs then I get disheartened and visit the consultant and the scales have moved 4lbs overnight. IN my first weeks (yes there have been a lot of them) I normally lose a couple of lbs the first day (i'm huge so to be expected) and then nothing until day 5 or 6 by which point I am panicking than I won't have a good week!! There is no logic to it. The picks/piriton shouldn't really have made a huge difference - that won't amount to more than a few calories so you will still be on a VLCD. Not drinking enough water won't help - i really struggle with it as well. Also first week losses depend on how much you have to lose and what sort of diet you had before - if it was relatively healthy without huge amount of carbs, or if you had lost a bit before you started then you really can't expect the massive loss (which is mainly water and glycogen stores).

So what I am trying to say is don't get disheartened The average is 3.5 lbs a week - so to get 3 in 5 days is OK - in fact its right on track - so take heart and don't give in.If your miserable consultant won't support and motivate you come on here and we will!

Back