Had an awful day - any motivation tips please

clararose

to date, i've loved this diet, i've lost 8lbs and have felt so motivated and happy, until today, which is a PV day too, i've not fancied anything i have made, i made a king prawn curry, a chilli, cooked a chicken, made a mixed salad, made up little pancakes with my oat bran and at the moment, the thought of tomorrows PP day is making me feel worse!

Has anyone else felt this way? I'm hoping it's just an off day and that tomorrow will be good again but the thought of what i can eat tomorrow is making me feel a little down!

sorry, just hoping someone maybe has some ideas on how i can get myself out of this rut! :sigh:

Okay - had a few days like this but usually they pass and I know if you have had such a great start that you don't want to fall now. Have you tried making the muffins??? They have been an absolute lifesaver and I could not do the diet without them. Maybe make a batch - give them a go. My tried and tested recipe is on the recipe thread but if you can't find it:-
Makes 12 muffins
4 eggs
6 tablespoons Skimmed Milk Powder
6 tablespoons sweetner
4 tablespoons oatbran (I use a fine one for muffins)
2 tablespoons Wheatbran
1 vanilla or toffee muller light yoghurt
3 tablespoons quark
1 teaspoon baking powder
vanilla essence
sometimes I add 1 teaspoon cocoa or some orange flavour too
Mix all of above together and pour into silicone moulds - I bake for 20 mins at 170. Let them cool and then they should pop out no problem. Might be worth a try - you can have 6 of these a day and I have done so since the start of my Dukan journey and 23 weeks later I am 85lb lighter!!!
Also discovered the vanilla tofu creme - mix tofu with 2 tablespoon sweetener and dash of vanilla essence and 2 tablespoons quark. Whizz in the blender/food processor and then decant into ramekins and chill in the fridge. V yummy. Last tasty one is sugar free jelly made up with half a pint of water and gradually whisked into 500gms of quark and then decanted into dishes and placed in the fridge for a couple of hours till set.. Also love coating some chicken with garlic, chilli and oat bran and baked in the oven - tastes a bit like KFC - hope that helps a little - scour the recipe section - there are some wonderful recipes... .Good luck

I have. It, along with gaining back a few pounds when I started pv (I did a 5/5 rotation) is the reason I gave up on Dukan. Went back to a previous plan. Wasn't successful. Gained more and pulled out the Dukan book again. My motto is "you can doo kan dukan".

I felt the same way this time. And really worked through my head thoughts. About why I eat. And realized a heck a lot of my life's enjoyment was being derived from food. Eating it, planning for it, waiting to be hungry so I could eat (I've never been one to eat unless I'm hungry), out to dinner, checking out the new, best method for BBQ ribs(I finally made them, tdf!)

I then knew I did not want to continue with so much of my pleasure deriving from food. Because it was short lived, not causing me to be healthy, getting a fat, double chin, uncomfortable too tight pants and just not feeling good about me!

So, I had to rethink it all. And, I have to say, it was depressing sometimes. Kinda like giving up on a lover. Or passion. I said goodbye to one of the simple ways to bring a little joy, easily, into my life. But, I'm pushing myself to find new places for pleasure and it's working. I also discovered food wasn't that great of a lover anyway. The first few bites were nice but after that, it was kinda mindless eating. And, since then my tastes have changed. The few teeny tastes of previous delights have left me unimpressed.

Everyone's different. Everyone's struggles are different. Those have been mine so far. Hoping there might be something in it that resonates. If not, I'm sure others will chime in and hopefully you'll find the encouragement to get through this day. And then tomorrow will work it's waybthrough with a whole new issue and insight!

I know all about demotivating! But think of that 8lb! I had to give someone weights at work when I'd lost that and they were 8lb. Walking across with them was heavy and I had to think "two weeks ago you were carrying that permanently". Now about 5 weeks in and I'm 16lb down! So I think of all the extra stuff I can do not lugging that around!! Conversely, that or thinking about that amount of butter!! You can do it, we all have off days!! I'm having one so this is like a mini pep talk too! Xx

8 lb is a great job congratulations, I also got into ruts where I lost my appetite on them days I increased my water intake to feel a little fuller so I did not eat rubbish. You may be just feeling a little off we all have them days but don't get away from the great achievement of losing 8 lbs. I just tried to eat little bits during my off days like good snacks instead of full meals. I hope you don't lose faith because we have all been there and I am sure we all will be back there but the benefits of feeling good, looking good out weighs the bad days I promise.
:)

Thank you all so much for replying, i've been in tears tonight, i think because i was on such a high, thinking i'd found this amazing diet which i loved then to have a day like today, but honestly, your messages have really picked me up.

I can't tell you how happy i am about losing this 8lbs, and some people commented today and it felt great! and that is thanks to dukan!

I'm going to make those muffins, they sound yummy, also the jelly with quark. I've made quite a few things already but these might be the way forward for me.

I'm sorry for the depressing message, i'm normally quite an upbeat person (except when it comes to my weight issues) so am hoping tomorrow is better for me.

Thank you again lovely people, really appreciated your comments and suggestions

x

Sending hugs x

thank you :cry: maybe it's just one of those days. i'm just having a diet lemonade so that has perked me up a a bit.

I've never lost this much weight in such a short time, and without feeling i'm starving so i should be very grateful. x

Makes 12 muffins
4 eggs
6 tablespoons Skimmed Milk Powder
6 tablespoons sweetner
4 tablespoons oatbran (I use a fine one for muffins)
2 tablespoons Wheatbran
1 vanilla or toffee muller light yoghurt
3 tablespoons quark
1 teaspoon baking powder
vanilla essence
sometimes I add 1 teaspoon cocoa or some orange flavour too
Mix all of above together and pour into silicone moulds - I bake for 20 mins at 170. Let them cool and then they should pop out no problem. Might be worth a try - you can have 6 of these a day

Ingredients in red are "tolerated" so for Cruise only... (and only two tolerated foods are ok per day IF satisfied with one's weight loss.) Just so that no one reading us misunderstands

So sorry to hear you are feeling down - it's v hard to keep motivating yourself when your in a puddle of doom ...

ru near TOTM at all - I know that i can sometimes feel extra weepy then for no real reason at all...So it might be hormones affecting your normal positive outlook on life?

Really hope you feel better today

Hugs,
Ted

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So sorry to hear you are feeling down - it's v hard to keep motivating yourself when your in a puddle of doom ...

ru near TOTM at all - I know that i can sometimes feel extra weepy then for no real reason at all...So it might be hormones affecting your normal positive outlook on life?

Really hope you feel better today

Hugs,
Ted

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I never thought about that!! Yes it is nearing that time, thanks for that, having a much better day and still on track!

Thank you for your message :)

The only way I got around days like that was to say to myself that this was only temporary, and soon I would be able to eat whatever I wanted. So, just for now, I couldn't have crisps or potatoes or chocolate etc ( enter particular food of desire!) but soon, repeat SOON, I will be able to do so, provided I behaved myself!

I managed to get off smoking in a similar fashion 10 years ago- the line I persuaded my brain to accept was that smoking was something I used to do, not now.... It worked!

I think it's good to get your head in the right place with this diet, after that its all plain sailing.

Glad your feeling better Clararose - this really is an amazing diet and so worth sticking to! When you feel a bit down just eat some more protein - it really does stave off the emotional and physical hunger. I also tell myself that I can't be hungry if I don't like the taste of it!!!! Well unless its peas - can't stand the suckers!!!! LOL! x

Back