Had enough of the almost constant bleeding,

Hi Lovely

I am the opposite of you, I am having to do this diet to either prove my doctor right or wrong!!

I have been bleeding with the odd few days relief since Feb 07!!! They have gien me norethistherone (sp?) but this only works ona temp basis. I have not yet started CD so I cant comment on what might happen when you finish, but stopping the diet might not be the answer.

You have my sympathies hun. I just want s£x, the bleeding I have come to accept but my poor hubby thinks I am a nun!!! I hope it gets better for you and it soon sorts itself out. I just wanted to advise that stopping now mighty not mean the bleeding will stop.

Has your Dr not refered you to a gynocologist or something, as you haven't had a period for over a year, with no explanation?

I HAVE had a period for over a year and yes I have seen a gynae who said its all down to my hormones and the only thing I can do is loose the weight. So thats what I am going to do and this will either prove them right (which I hope is the case in most respects) or prove them wrong that my weight has sod all to do with it!!

I am fed up with going to the doc constantly to be told the same thing over and over again.

I am wanting to (when finished CD obviously) start a family and this is what initaially led me to the docs so now I am having to loose weight and I am hoping that my periods regulate themselves to enable us a good chance at trying for a baby but its a nightmare and I would not wish this on my enemy its blinkin expensive too!!

Like I say I hope it regulates itself soon and I am sure if you have not had issues before the diet then it will start but at the moment your body is prob just adjusting to a big change, its been proven that your weight is what starts you totm when you are younger and when you hit a certain wait it kicks in, so you can imagine what your body is thinking if you are losing weight fast, its just not sure what its supposing to be doing.

Hope it worls out for you though and you are given some relief soon.

worried now!

Having read this thread I have really started to stress!!!

I started SS just over two weeks ago (about 1 stone to lose) and just after a period. By the middle of the second week my period was back.

Prior to reading this thread I put this down to my age (mid forties) and thought it was just 'my age'! However, now I am worried and concerned that CD is going to mess with my cycle - which has always been as regular as clock work.

I did LL last year for the full three months (and lost 3 st) and that had not impact whatsoever upon my periods.

I understood that the CD diet was basically the same as LL (i.e. the contents of the packs/bars etc the same) apart from the counselling and so I didn't hesitate to try it when I put weight back on over the past few months (cheaper and less time consuming).

So is CD the same or not and does CD have a tendency to mess up periods?

If that is the case - I really need to re-consider.

I had a coil fitted many moons ago and I had to have it out as I bled for months. I am not prepared to go through the same thing again - for any reason.

LL may cost twice as much (and you may have to ENDURE counselling) but if that's what it takes, I'm off!

Can anyone offer any reassurances on this point? I was particularly concerned to read about the woman whose cycle was disrupted by CD and never went back to normal :eek:. I WOULD HATE THAT!!

I generally thought that CD and LL were exactly the same.

It may just be that you're a year older, it may be because you've already lost weight this dramatically once before, it could be any number of things.

Can't really speak from experience as I haven't had a period in a fair few months and haven't had one yet on CD (I have the implant.)

I really feel I must say that I would be seriously concerned about any diet that was so shocking to my body that it put it in this state...

hi, not an expert but mefanamic acid(ponstan) which is a pain killer and cyclokapron ( vit k) both stop or reduce periods, i suffered bad and have really got it under control now. im at the other end of child rearing though . might not be suitable. ask doc, it cant hurt

i all ive just spoken to my cdc and she ses that this diet shouldnt effect the periods. so now ive got to go doctors and find out what the problem is.

i all ive just spoken to my cdc and she ses that this diet shouldnt effect the periods. so now ive got to go doctors and find out what the problem is.

My cdc says the diet can effect your periods, and to be honest, I think there are too many of us experiencing this to be a coinsidence. It must have something to do with the diet.

I can well accept that if one was on a VLCD for a long time it would be likely to affect periods (as with anorexia) however, I think it very odd that changes should take place within a couple of weeks.

That's been my experience and it seems the experience of a few other people too.

nope. we lose a lot of weight fast and aren't a lot of hormones stored in fat? so surely as we lose fat fast the hormones will be released? put it this way. there are many of us who are on various kinds of contraceptives and not had periods for years and we have all started just after starting the diet. i've been on the diet for 12 days and the first period i've had for years is just finishing...

it can't be coincidence...

abz xx

Hi just this week i went to the doctor because i had 3 periods in 5 weeks ( i have beeen on the diet for 5 weeks ) and she said it is not the diet itself but the weight loss that affects the hormones ( 26 lbs in 5 weeks ) so she said if i can live with it for another 2 or 3 months it should regulate itself but other that a pain in the neck it is not dangerous . she also gave me tranexamic acid to help reduce bleeding and to help with pain. I also have the implant and had no period for a year but it started coming back in jan so nothing to do with the diet since i started that in may the only thing is now since the diet it's too often. will put up with it for a few more months if it doesn't stop she said i could go on the pill and that should regulate it...

Back