Had enough!!!

lucylupin

Ive had another gain! Did a speed food week, weighed,measured,tracked you name it i did it! Gonna have another speed food week then might call target early, i am just so up and down with my weight every week:mad::cry:

Hey well done on your weightloss so far x from my group yesterday there were a lot of gains and sts's and it was mainly due to lack of water. Even i'm finding it difficult to drink enough because it so cold! Have you been drinking enough water xx

hi lucylupin well done on what u have lost so far don't feel disheartened that uve stayed the same weight better than putting on try and look at the positives i'm sure if u stick at it u will be rewarded with a weight loss :)

Is there any way you could up the exercise? That should give you a welcome boost?

I must admit that i could maybe drink more water, but everything else was strictly on plan:sigh:, i will keep plodding on and see what this week brings!

I lose more when I drink lots, I've moved on from regular tea to green tea, and if you want a warmer drink it's perfect because it counts as water intake where as regular tea doesn't. I drink tons of the stuff now.

I lose more when I drink lots, I've moved on from regular tea to green tea, and if you want a warmer drink it's perfect because it counts as water intake where as regular tea doesn't. I drink tons of the stuff now.

I have some of that in the cupboard, im not so keen on it but maybe i could grow to like it! Gonna put the kettle on and have one now.

Would other fruit teas count as well?

The one I have is Morrisons green tea with mint, I prefer that over regular green tea, it's really refreshing, although I drink normal green tea too.

And yes, herbal/fruit teas count as water intake.

I'm pretty sure all fluids count, be they tea, coffee, squash, fruit tea etc! At the end of the day they're all fluids! Fruit teas and herbal teas are generally caffeine free, so would be better than regular tea and coffee.

I found this on a BBC Health website:

How much water do we need?

The body gets its fluid from three sources:
  • Drinks, either plain water or as part of other beverages including tea, coffee and squash
  • Solid foods, especially fruit and vegetables (even foods such as bread and cheese provide small amounts of fluid)
  • As a by-product of chemical reactions within the body
Most healthy adults need between one and a half to three litres a day, so aim to drink six to eight medium glasses of fluid daily. Beverages such as tea, coffee and fruit juices count towards fluid intake, and may bring with them other nutrients or benefits.

You may require more fluid if you're very physically active or during periods of hot weather.
You can judge whether you're drinking enough by the colour of your urine. If it's a pale straw colour then your fluid intake is probably fine. If your urine is dark yellow, you probably need to drink more.

May sound silly but are you eating enough syns?? Apparently if u don't have syns everyday ur body stores the fat when you do as u have starved your body of them!! A friend of mine was slowly losing half a pound odd a week then heard about this, made sure she had at least 5 syns a day now is losing 3-4 lb per week!! It's just getting the balance right! Then ur off!!
Hope this helps
Hugs
Aims xxx

The issue comes with tea and coffee because they are natural diuretics. This can dehydrate you and counteract the effects of drinking the water.

Back