Had to eat

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Ok confession...I had to eat today. However I have a very good excuse, I stuck to chicken breast and green salad, so really hoping I haven't kicked myself out of ketosis.

I am a Community CAHMS Nurse - I work with children and adolescents with mental health problems. Unfortunately due to todays cultures, alot of the young ladies I work with have, or have had, anorexia. Some to quite horrific degrees.

Anyway, one of the young ladies I saw today I met in town, expecting to have coffee. But then she decided we should have lunch, and as this young person has been very difficult to get to open up in the past, I couldnt exactly say no. Similarly I dont think it is the done thing to sit down with a recovering anorexic and tell them you wont be having lunch because you are trying to lose weight!!! Can you imagine the outrage???

Fortunately tho we ended up somewhere healthy, so managed to just get chicken breast peices and salad, no dressing, and managed to leave the tomato (on the pretence i dont like them) Didnt even eat all of it.

End of the day not alot I could do. Have arranged to meet her at a different time of day next week :) Dont know how i feel about eating though :( trying not to feel too repulsed with myself...isnt that how eating disorders start?

Fingers crossed I am still in ketosis tomorrow morning.

Do I just continue with my packs today as usual?

Hiya hun, have the rest of your packs as normal. It was one of those suitations that you had to decide. You made a good choice and i bet you will still be in ketosis tomorrow morning.dont feel bad about it. well done on not having anything else.

becky xx

Sometimes life gets in the way of this diet and I think it's totally understandable as to why you did eat.
What you ate should keep you in ketosis. I would have the packs as normal and just treat it like an aam day.

Thanks Becky. Its daft I know but first time i have eaten in over 3 weeks

Thanks Liz

you will still be in ketosis tomorrow hun,as im on ss+ and have chicken everyday and im still in ketosis and im sure the salad wont do any damage either.
good decision on your part,
elaine x

Definately dont beat yourself up about it. You've put this other girl before yourself and this is very admirable. Usual advice - drink loads of water and get back on the wagon. What you have eaten is AAM anyway so you'll be absolutely fine. I've had about 10 choc biscuits today as its end of term and staff room full of goodies. I'm the one that needs a good chatting too!

You shouldn't feel bad, you did an amazing thing by putting someone elses well being before your own. If only more people were like you! :) be proud that not only are you helping her but you made a very wise food choice, let's face it you could have ordered anything and you chose that which shows how commited you are. well done!

Back