ProPoints Haf to skinny (well not morbidly obese would be good)

I think I may be naughty and treat myself to a glass of wine tonight. I have used 0pp as yet. Just because I slept in after nights. Going to try the diet coke chicken!!!! Have invested in an actifry so having with rice and butternut squash veggies so total for dinner =10 pp
That leaves 37 pp so defo a wine night. May even treat Mr A to a few bottles of sol his fav. X

Why not treat yourself? U deserve a treat every once in a while! I just got a lovely bottle of Rose in and I might have a glass on Friday night... I drive all the time, so I tend not to drink if I know I have to drive the next day...not even a glass...

What is an 'actifry'? What is 'diet coke chicken'? x

Do you ever get to go back to Cardiff?? Where are you living now? I hope I spelt pontcanna correct or the postman has been laughing at me for years!!!!

I went back to Cardiff briefly when passing thru' to go to Tenby a few years ago... I live in Sheffield now. x

Annie2012 said:
Why not treat yourself? U deserve a treat every once in a while! I just got a lovely bottle of Rose in and I might have a glass on Friday night... I drive all the time, so I tend not to drink if I know I have to drive the next day...not even a glass...

What is an 'actifry'? What is 'diet coke chicken'? x

This is another well known Slimming World recipes, which I tried for the first time last night. I thought it sounded strange, and my partner looked at me like I was a crazy person when I told him we were having diet coke chicken for dinner, but it was very nice. It makes a lovely thick, BBQ type sauce. Its also a very quick and easy recipe to make, so is ideal for evenings when you don't have much time to cook but want something healthy and filling.

I've also been told of a variation to the recipe which involves using diet fanta instead of the coke to make a sweet and sour style sauce (and also adding fresh pineapple at the very end to make it more authentic) Given the success of yesterday's recipe, I intend to try the diet fanta chicken very soon too.

Ingredients
(Syn free on all plans)
2 chicken breasts
1 can diet coke
100ml passata
1 large onion, diced
1 tsp worcestershire sauce

Method
Chop the chicken into bite size pieces
Spray a non-stick pan with fry light and stir fry and onion and chicken until cooked
Add the diet coke, passata and worcestershire sauce
Cook over a low heat for about 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened
Serve with a fresh salad and either rice or potato wedges

Think slimming world done it but with weight watchers it's 4pp for chicken and then you point rice etc.
Actifry is an amazing machine that gives fat free wedges/chips/sauces/ I make butternut wedges use a spray of olive oil and some spices 1pp for the lot xxx

Have also seen recipe with diet lilt and someone put in pineapple and ginger made it like a sweet and sour recipe. X

Wow, that certainly sounds like an amazing machine! Where can you buy it and how much is it? Is it hard to keep clean? I certainly will try the diet coke chicken...sounds interesting! Thanks for the recipe...Off to my salmon, rice & aubergines now...xx :D

Last edited:
Hiya just wanted to say your doing so well, and i can totally relate to what you said about no haircut etc, i am in the same boat, god knows when i last bought clothes, i just seem to have decided that because im overweight theres just no point trying.... Im trying to get myself out of this and i went to hairdressers for the first time in ages on friday and joined weight watchers in tuesday,
Hmmm diet coke chicken, ive not had that in aages, i like to put some paprika in too :eek:)

Well the diet coke chicken was good!!!! Def one I am trying again and loving the paprika suggestion will def be adding........
I think the 2lb a week for a year is amazing in my class there is a woman who lost 8stone last year. She looks good, all she says is follow plan eat all your points daily and use your 49!!!!! She states she has used them every week. I know people say have small goals and mentally I have. But love the possibility that the long term goal can give.

Actifry are about £150 I think!!! Silly expensive but loving. Crispy chips for the point value of a spud!

Just back in after a 5 mile walk with dogs......love the pedometer I would never have gone that far,was nice pushing myself xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Wow well done on the five mile walk! That's good that the pedometer encourages you.The lady in your WW group has done brilliantly well,yup always good to have little goals,I normally go by losing a stone at a time.

I have been as blind as a bat all morning when walking the dogs. All due to an overused contact lense I had left in overnight that I thought had given up on helping my vision.........so for last 20 mins I have been struggling to get out only to eventually realise I don't have one in!!!!!!!!! I do now and I can see!!!!! Vision is an amazing thing x

Hi Haf,

5 miles is great! Actifry - that's expensive but worth it if you have chips often... I don't have it enough to warrant one but would love to try a chip made out of it... ;) x

Never used to have chips but OH is a chip nut, he is also the perfect weight even though a ton of food passes his lips...

Today I have been good again
Breakfast
Frozen fruit smoothie 1pp
Crumpets. 5pp
Butter. 2pp
Fruit juice. 3pp
Total 11pp

Lunch
Tuna. 2pp
Mayo. 2pp
Pitta pocket. 2pp
Salad. 0pp
Mango. 0pp
total. 6 pp

Dinner
Giant couscous. 6pp
Minced turkey 4pp
Moroccan spices. 0pp
Feta. 3pp
Total. 13pp

Total for day 30pp

I have 17 left for eve that is insane! I fancy some of them carling zest but unsure of points.............. Think I may have and count 3 per bottle xxxx
I will have 4 so that's 12. May also have a popcorn bar 2pp that leaves me with 3pp but will use incase lager more.

Well some people can eat whatever they want and still not pile it on... hope you are enjoying your drinks tonight...I have been a good girl too...;-) x

Well done on a good day Annie......I have had another day in bed ready for 3 night shifts!!!! Feeling a little run down and tired. Not helping all my night shifts have been split so so tired....

Well done on a good day Annie......I have had another day in bed ready for 3 night shifts!!!! Feeling a little run down and tired. Not helping all my night shifts have been split so so tired....

Hope you have some good rest before your shift...chat soon. xx

So last night was so so so busy that eating rubbish not an option....what is this weather about was driving home this morning met loads of trees on road! Plus a trampoline blown out of a garden onto electric cables!!!!! Come on summer show yourself!!!

Food wise way to lazy to get out of bed to head to fridge x not in until 11 tonight have a few hours annual leave so no doubt will use some points later xxx

Thanks jaly xx

Just finished night shift tomorrow is W.I. Now I am way to tired to drive. Lucky leader takes another class wed morning... I now have 4 glorious nights off!!!!!!!! Can't wait to make the most of them. Have sainsburys delivering this pm so looking forward to spending time with family, the silly amount of animals that I share with and cooking decent food x

Just had a fruit smoothie made with pineapple hoping for a vitamin boost x so 1 pp used so far x think I may so stirfry tonight.

Enjoy your 4 nights off! x

Back