ProPoints Haf to skinny (well not morbidly obese would be good)

Haf

1 year ago I met the most amazing man. 4 years before that I lost the most amazing man and father to my son in a car accident. 4 years of going through the grieving cycle a good few times I felt ready to start living again. Out of the blue unexpected and not planned I met Mr A. The problem I have (it's mine as Mr A tells me I am beautiful) I let myself go the last 4 years. The most horrific diet. Drinking way to much wine most evenings. No exercise at all. Not a hair cut. No new clothes. I think you all may get the picture. So have decided to spend the next year doing as much to resolve these issues. I started in January new year new beginning etc etc! I got rid of the split ends, and the grey. Got myself a new wardrobe, stopped drinking at home, finished the smokes, and joined weight watches online. I was motivated and feeling good dropped from 23stone 8 to 21 stone ( joined a weight watcher group today). I have not lost for the past 4 weeks lost motivation hence going today to get weighed. So today is part 2 of my weight loss story I guess.. I have a massive 47 pro points to use daily (I started on 51!!!)

Breakfast
Porridge 3 pp
Milk 2 pp
Sugar 1 pp
WW cappuccino 1 pp
Total 7 pp

Mid morning
Ww bar 2 pp
Coffee milk 1 pp

Lunch
Pitta bread 4 pp
Chicken. 4 pp
Salad 0 pp
Mayo 2pp
Total 10 pp

Mid afternoon
Dried fruit with nuts and seeds 4pp

Dinner
Pasta 6pp
Swedish meatballs 6pp
Pasta sauce 4pp
Total 16 pp

This leaves me with 7 pp for tonight I am trying to not eat in the evenings as much, as that was my down fall.
Feeling really good as Mr A has moved in over the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Welcome and good luck to you and Mr A,sounds like you're turning your life around which is great news,well done for doing that all off your own back,hope you enjoy your weight loss journey :0) sorry to hear about your loss but I'm glad you are happy now :0)

Thanks daisy???? You or the bulldog? Mr A comes with a bulldog called Jack. If he walks got more than 30 mins he makes his own way home. May have to borrow neighbours sheepdog to help me in my next quest of getting fit x

Today has been a nightmare!!!!! I set fire (accidentally to my oh cat! He only moved in on the weekend) I was thinking do I confess or do I let my oh believe I can be trusted to care for a cat for a day! I confessed and after reassurance cat has no burns only a bald spot on right side I was met with lots of laughter and teasing...... Oh plus oh announced on Facebook. Have learnt cats and candles do not mix!!

Breakfast
Banana 0pp
ww porridge 3pp
Sweetener 0pp
Ginger 0pp
Toast 5 pp
Peanut butter 3pp
Total 11 pp

Lunch
Jacket potato 5pp
Salad 0 pp
Chicken 4pp
Mushrooms 0pp
Cheese 4pp
Total 13pp

Dinner
Salmon 6pp
Pasta 8pp
Pesto 4pp
Total 16 pp

Snacks
Nuts 4pp

Total 44/ 47

Stuffed so not having anything else!!!!

Have 3 night shifts in front of me hate working all weekend x

Oh dear am glad the cat is ok and your OH was fine about it aswell.You've done well food wise today :0) ergh about the night shifts hope they go well for you.

Nights are my downfall I work in a busy A&E department so sitting down for 30 mins to eat very rarely happens (and if it does it's norm 4am and who wants their tuna salad then!!) what norm happens everyone brings in picky food and we share. The prob is Pringles kitkats m&ms sweets are all high on the menu (you would think Dr's and Nurses would make better nutritional choices!!!!) oooh biscuits feature very highly also strong tea....

Not had anything for breakfast as hoping for a lie in.... Not working as I am stalking the threads on here.

Lunch
3 egg omelette 5pp
cheese 3pp
mushrooms 0pp
onions 0pp
ham 2pp
total 10pp
it was a massive omelette i am hoping i stay stuffed until dinner before work, i can have something light and have some points saved for dreaded nightshift.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a pretty full on job! Lol yes typical bout the drs and nurses liking the 'naughty' foods'! Hope you had fun stalking the site,there is plenty on here.Hope aswell that the omelette keeps you full up,Sounds nice and filling.

Hi there Haf,

Just wanted to say 'hello' and well done on your weight loss journey so far! So sorry to hear about your other loss - you are very strong to have pulled yourself out and made such a big change in your life.

I just started WW today and it looks like we have about the same weight to lose! Looking forward to exchanging more posts with you. A x :D

Hey Annie
Thanks for saying hi......I am so pleased there is someone similar out there!!! I almost feel guilty putting how much I eat for all my points down as I know there are some on 26!!!!!!
Are you doing weight watcher? Online or group?
I am curled up in bed trying to sleep so on phone and can't see any details etc etc.....

Hi again Haf,

I am doing WW group...just started it today and I feel positive about it! I have set myself a challenge to do it and if you want, we can buddy up! Need all the motivation and support to get to Goal.

I have a lot on my plate, so I kind of understand how hard it must have been for you to get where you are now.

I am on 37 points and yes, we can eat tons but it takes a lot more energy to fuel us up, I guess! Lol! :D A xx

I feel so much more positive this is the last time. It's like a switch finally clicked in my head. I looked in the mirror and I realised that only I can want the change. It was a struggle getting to that point.
If you ever need to offload about anything I promise I can be a good listener. I have been heard myself so many times.

I am on 47 pro points ??? I am assuming I get more as goal is 12-13 stone because I am 6ft?? Still it feels like lots. Just getting ready for work I work 7-7 so when doing nights feels like I live in the place..

Hi Haf,

Yes, we are the only ones who can make any changes in our life. The way I see it, I can't control a lot of things that have happened and are happening in my life right now but I certainly can control what I put in my mouth... Not sure if I mentioned that I have lost a lot of weight once before in August 2007...lost 10 stones and 10 pounds and it was so wonderful! Still remember the feeling only too well! But, life happened and everything went out of the door. Wish it hadn't but I guess I can change things now and learn from the mistakes I made then.

So, I think losing the weight is actually the easy part - keeping it off and maintaining is the hardest part. I spoke to a lot of WW members who are at Goal as well as those who have lost quite a bit and they all said that they are constantly having to 'diet' or eat more to stay at Goal and it can be a struggle. So, I have decided/promised myself that when I get to Goal, I will attend WW for life...

Same here, I am a good listener too.... ;) So unload anytime you want/need to...:D

You get more PP's based on your height, age and weight most importantly....

Well, I have only 4 PP's left today and I am starving...maybe it is psychological... I am not sure but I have been running around a lot to hospital, swimming pool for little one and so one... Just had some watermelon to save my 4 points for supper and I am wondering what I can do with it to make me full and happy! I also have some sugar free jelly to have...:rolleyes:

Nights? Does it mean that you have a lot of quiet time at work at night or will you be so busy that you won't even have time to think about food? :) Opps...you work in busy A & E... just stay away from all the work 'snacks' that everyone brings in...unless you point them up, which you can do...

Have you got the pro points calculator and the kitchen scales from WW? The calculator is very good for checking up PP's when you have the nutritional info of products and the scales are so handy when cooking for the family....literally point everything up that needs pointing and divide by number of portions. 2 tools I would say is a must have for me. I also use a 12 week journal to record everything, to keep me motivated.

I had a gorgeous Thai Chicken Curry with Rice and Edamame Beans, etc from Morrison's Eat Smart range today. (I also added my own Chinese veg, with Choi Sum stir fried in fry light and garlic) - absolute bliss! The curry was so yummy too! Curry & rice was 11 PP's! Smelt gorgeous too! :D

x

Wow over 10 stone Annie that is amazing!!! I have never been a skinny girl always hoovered around the 16 stone mark. I was horrified when I realised over the last 4 years I had put 7 stone on. When I look back I realise that 3/4 nights a week I was drinking my calorie allowence in wine!!! I never thought of it as a problem I was still able to function at work, I still got up with son for school, maintained bills etc etc. I think the crunch came when I met Alex my OH he knew all about my history. Luckily he knew me from university years ago. He was kind and took things slow, exactly what I needed, he developed a friendship with my son, not the easiest thing to do with a 11 yr old. One day we where talking and he mentioned the wine I was defensive, and he made the comment it's hard to love someone who does not love themselves........that's when the look in the mirror came. I am in awe of your weightloss and even more in awe of your realisation of how you need to maintain ( never crossed my mind) thinking about it has helped me realise this is how I need to eat from now on. So the weeks when I lose a pound are ok or even good the sts weeks are me just combing with life I guess. Ahhhhhh the ramblings of a sleep deprived nutter!!!!!!

Haf said:
Not had anything for breakfast as hoping for a lie in.... Not working as I am stalking the threads on here.

Lunch
3 egg omelette 5pp
cheese 3pp
mushrooms 0pp
onions 0pp
ham 2pp
total 10pp
it was a massive omelette i am hoping i stay stuffed until dinner before work, i can have something light and have some points saved for dreaded nightshift.

Dinner
Chicken 4pp
Stuffing. 4pp
Mixed veg 2pp
Gravy. 4pp
Pot. 2pp
Total 16 pp

Night shift snacks!!!!!
Quavers. 2pp
Ww bar. 2pp
Grapes. 0pp
Toast. 5 pp
Butter!!! 4pp
Jam. 1pp
Cookie. 4 pp
Milk 3pp
Total a massive 21!!!!! On snacks oh dear
Total 47 pp

So tonight I am going to be more pro active stopping in tesco on way for low point goodies..... I am going to say no to cakes, biscuits, crisps, and coke..... Yes to strawberrys, grapes, pineapple, will take a fudge so I feel I have had a treat and a pkt of quavers. I will make sure I have ww sweets and maybe take some crumpets and honey for 3am surgery craving!!!!

So far I have nil for breakfast and lunch

Dinner whole meal pitta 4 pp
Salad. 0pp
Chicken. 4pp
Light mayo. 1 pp
Quavers. 2 pp
Yogurt 2 pp

Intend to have a 1 pp smoothie before I go with lots of energy boosting fruit and sugar free lemonade
With ww yogurt

So total per night shift 14 pp leaves me with 33 for night shift!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Wow over 10 stone Annie that is amazing!!! I have never been a skinny girl always hoovered around the 16 stone mark. I was horrified when I realised over the last 4 years I had put 7 stone on. When I look back I realise that 3/4 nights a week I was drinking my calorie allowence in wine!!! I never thought of it as a problem I was still able to function at work, I still got up with son for school, maintained bills etc etc. I think the crunch came when I met Alex my OH he knew all about my history. Luckily he knew me from university years ago. He was kind and took things slow, exactly what I needed, he developed a friendship with my son, not the easiest thing to do with a 11 yr old. One day we where talking and he mentioned the wine I was defensive, and he made the comment it's hard to love someone who does not love themselves........that's when the look in the mirror came. I am in awe of your weightloss and even more in awe of your realisation of how you need to maintain ( never crossed my mind) thinking about it has helped me realise this is how I need to eat from now on. So the weeks when I lose a pound are ok or even good the sts weeks are me just combing with life I guess. Ahhhhhh the ramblings of a sleep deprived nutter!!!!!!

Thanks, yes, I was soooo happy when I lost nearly 11 stones... I felt like a different person...I could run, sit in a swing and swing like a kid (daren't try to get on one before....! ;-) ) , do anything I wanted and I wanted to go out and tell all the overweight people in the world that there is so much more out there and struggling in a big body isn't life! I still have all my small clothes ,size 12/10's all colour coordinated in my wardrobe! I didn't ever lose hope that I'd do it again one day when the time was right. The time isn't right for me now but I have to do it because I need to get healthy - I need to be there for my boys... I have a nearly 12 yr old and a nearly 10 yr old as well...The older one is very ill and I am always on the go with him, so I am just soooo worn out all the time...I can't even start to exercise yet as I need to lose some weight first - I am breathless even when I walk from room to room and this is sooo bad...Drink isn't a problem for me...I love my filling rice dishes and lamb....hearty big meals...comfort foods....:D

You were so lucky to have met someone so supportive and understanding to have in your life... it makes all the difference, doesn't it...? But, what ur OH said is so true.....you have to love urself!

I hate looking at myself right now and I have to sort out my 'issues'... so food was only a comfort thing for me...But, yea...for me thinking about the maintaining part is also important because of what happened before.... losing the weight is sooo much easier than maintaining and I want to try and get it right this time. Once we do WW's, it going to have to be a way of life for us...if we go back to our old habits, the weight will just pile on! People would probably say don't worry about maintaining now; just think of a small goal at a time but for me, I am more motivated if I plan ahead and have all my goals in front of me...and knowing how I'll cope at the end of it.... Hope, I make it this time and nothing comes in the way of it... I have decided that if I am having a difficult day, I will do the Filling & Easy??...have you tried that part of WW's? At least, I will still have some control over what I eat....

Anyway, hope you got some rest....Chat soon... xx :wavey:

Hello ladies ;) hope you dont mind me joining in but i can relate to what your are both saying!
I started WW on Tuesday and am doing really well (FOR ONCE) I have a very large amount to lose 10 stone ;,( but I WILL get there... Wishing you lots of luck on your journeys XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there! Not at all... the more, the merrier! :D How are u doing so far on WW? Are u finding it ok? Good luck! x

Back