Hah, this'll be me then!

Rachels

:( I started VLCD on March 7th and lost 3 1/2 stone very quickly, however, I seem to be stuck in a 1 step forward, 3 flights back at the moment! I get as low as 17.003st and then go back up again, Im currently 17.10 after 2 weeks pigging out. I have no idea why I am doing this to myself, other than the fact I am extremely stressed at the moment. But the fact is, Im always going to have stress in my life at some point so I need to learn how to deal with it without resorting to food. I want to be slim and fit again, its not too much to ask is it? It seems so in my case.:(

I know I am capable of doing this, but I really do feel a failure at the moment, especially as it is my Totm and I have just consumed half a mega bar of chocoloate :mad:

Any help, would really be appreciated :)

Well you aren't a failure for a start so get that outta the window! Have you tried doing Cambridge 790 for a few weeks to see whether that suits you better than the Sole Source? I have a lady who has moved to 790 and it losing loads of weight and loves it whereas on SS she was really struggling to stay abstinent ?

M.

You never fail until you give up trying, and you haven't given up!! As M. says, have you thought about going to one of the higher cal programmes for a while? You WILL still lose weight, and knowing you can eat every day can be such a boost. :)

Hi Rachel,

Move over! is there room for me?

After losing six and half stone I lost the plot and spent from the end of April to last week losing and regaining the same stone over...

I decided to do a food diary and to take three CD meals a day along with food.

I had such a nut craving and I gave into it as I felt my body was looking for something?

Now in the last couple of days I have had no nut craving.

Once again I feel in control and this way seems to be working for me and my weight is down five pounds:)

I am not a CDC so would not have the experience if this works for everyone, but I know CD has many options you could try, this is what I like about it.

Love Mini xxx

As daft as it seems, I have thought about it, but felt like I would be failing even doing that cos so many other folk succeed on VLCD! Stupid i know! The inner demons are playing havoc! :confused:

I have talked to my CDC about it and she's all for it, it seems to be holding back, tbh tho, it would be a damn sight better than what Im doing at the moment.

Mini said:
Hi Rachel,

Move over! is there room for me?

After losing six and half stone I lost the plot and spent from the end of April to last week losing and regaining the same stone over...

I decided to do a food diary and to take three CD meals a day along with food.

I had such a nut craving and I gave into it as I felt my body was looking for something?

Now in the last couple of days I have had no nut craving.

Once again I feel in control and this way seems to be working for me and my weight is down five pounds:)

I am not a CDC so would not have the experience if this works for everyone, but I know CD has many options you could try, this is what I like about it.

Love Mini xxx

Maybe i should try it, nothing ventured and I really hope nothing will be gained!! (If you know what I mean!) :D
Problem is, I ahve used food as a comfort/punishment etc for so long now, im ata loss as to what to do when I am stressed. I can normally cope with things as a rule, but at the moment I feel completely overwhelmed and I just dont know any evasive action!!

Any tips re stressbeating? turning my slendertone belt and shorts up mega-high!!!:confused:

Rachels said:
As daft as it seems, I have thought about it, but felt like I would be failing even doing that cos so many other folk succeed on VLCD! Stupid i know! The inner demons are playing havoc! :confused:

Everyone's VLCD journey is individual, and difficult though it might be you should try not to compare yourself to other people. Your trip is your own, and if you take a little longer, or choose a slightly different direction if it's the right thing for you then that's what counts. :)

And what have you got to lose? If you're eating anyway, this way you can be in control of what you eat, and know that it's legal, something that can make a huge difference to your self esteem :D

D_Q said:
Everyone's VLCD journey is individual, and difficult though it might be you should try not to compare yourself to other people. Your trip is your own, and if you take a little longer, or choose a slightly different direction if it's the right thing for you then that's what counts. :)

And what have you got to lose? If you're eating anyway, this way you can be in control of what you eat, and know that it's legal, something that can make a huge difference to your self esteem :D

Thanks DQ, I know its true, I hate feeling like Im doing wrong, which makes it feel worse you know? I do compare myself to other people and wish i didnt, inferiority complex or what? I'll have to have a quick look on CD webpage to check up on 790 plan B4 i see my CDC. I think I'll give it a try and see how it goes.;)

Nice one mate - it's about getting to where you want to be, not whether you do it the same way as other people :cool:

Hi Rachel,

I felt so overwhelmed when I started this journey back last August and I have had my up's and down's along the way...

What I have learned is that we can not compare ourselves to others as we are all so uniquely different and I now accept that I have my own rate of losing weight, slow and even slower...

I would like to wake up slim, but that is in my dreams, I have to work at this and I do feel in my heart of hearts I will get to goal...

Sometimes I can let myself think it is only me that is having a hard time of it and that has lead me down a path with two roads...one to the shop for chocolate and the other to reaffirm the reasons I started this journey and on to Slimville.

The one to Slimville is winning...most of the time.

I really want to wear that dress for Christmas and that is keeping me motivated...I hope it is a size 10, but a size 12 would not be too bad either!

Love Mini xxx

Mini said:
I really want to wear that dress for Christmas and that is keeping me motivated...I hope it is a size 10, but a size 12 would not be too bad either!

Love Mini xxx

You will be wearing that dress this Christmas honey, I just know it! ;)

D_Q said:
You will be wearing that dress this Christmas honey, I just know it! ;)

Thanks D_Q,

It would be really nice!!!

Thanks for your belief in me:)

Love Mini xxx

You will Mini! You are a very determined person, Ive been reading your threads since March and ok, you have had your ups and downs, but you always come back and you will conquer!!:D :D

Im gonna come on here every day btw as its great! Big pat on the back Mini!

Ps/ Every time I type your name, I keep on hitting the m, so i ahve to change you from Mimi to Mini all the time!!:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks,

Can't believe I am down another pound today, that is six pounds this week!

I am one happy bunny.

How is everyone getting on?

Love Mini xxx

Rachels said:
You will Mini! You are a very determined person, Ive been reading your threads since March and ok, you have had your ups and downs, but you always come back and you will conquer!!:D :D

Im gonna come on here every day btw as its great! Big pat on the back Mini!

Ps/ Every time I type your name, I keep on hitting the m, so i ahve to change you from Mimi to Mini all the time!!:confused:

Hi Rachel,

Sorry I was writing to you and I did something and landed in on your reply...not use to how this works yet!

I wanted to thank you for your kind words and I do feel like one of those pop up punch bags that spring up every time you hit them.

Having been slim for most of my life I think my problem was I did not thing I could become so fat...Wrong! Well the little blip turned into a big blog and my denial was one of shock...I think I got stuck in a cycle of getting nowhere fast...the years slip by quicker as you get older...

Well hopefully I am learning as I go and I don't go back ever again...I think for me I will always have to watch what I eat.

Must go and down some water.

Talk soon.

Love Mini xxx

Back