Hair loss query

teddybearyoyo

Hi Guys,

I just wondered if anyone had suffered from any hair-loss whilst on TFR ? I already suffer from alopecia and as my hair is all tucked away in braids with extensions sewn on top, I think it's always in the back of my mind that when my plaits are undone for my new weave in January I could be completely BALD !
(OK I know I'm being OTT dramatic but this is how I am haha)
But yeah it would be nice to know if the rest of your heads of hair are OK or if you have noticed thinning etc...

Can we take any supplements whilst doing TFR as I keep thinking 'Oh well maybe if I just took some SeaKelp tablets it might help' ;p xxx

I've heard from others that the hair stops growing and thins out, and that some hair may fall out to make way for new hair, but you should be fine!

Sorry that I'm not much help.

I've heard from others that the hair stops growing and thins out, and that some hair may fall out to make way for new hair, but you should be fine!

Sorry that I'm not much help.

No the whole 'you should be fine' brings me comfort hahaa!
I have honestly sat here the pasr 2 hours researching what supplements I can take when Im off this diet to help with my hair! Im looking at iron liquid sachets mixed with orange juice ;)
AS IF I might be starting my refeed 3 weeks on Friday... I just cant believe it's nearly time haha xxx

Everyone is different Teddy. I did have hair loss but I was on LT for 6mths. My hair is quite thick and I didn't miss it really. Now it's growing back so I have mostly long hair interspersed with the shorter hair which is making my hair really poofy and curly which I'm liking. What you lose will grow back so don't worry :)

Kay x x x

No the whole 'you should be fine' brings me comfort hahaa!
I have honestly sat here the pasr 2 hours researching what supplements I can take when Im off this diet to help with my hair! Im looking at iron liquid sachets mixed with orange juice ;)
AS IF I might be starting my refeed 3 weeks on Friday... I just cant believe it's nearly time haha xxx

It will grow back anyway :)
Haha, try it, I hope it all goes well for you!
And wow congratulations on getting this far! I'm only on day 3, long way to go yet but already lost 6lb! :eek:

I believe from what I've read that it only stops if you are on a VLCD for a very long time. I've not noticed any slowing as I would imagine body hair would stop too and I'm still getting waxed fortnightly and having to do my under arms and legs every few days, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I first started noticing more hair coming out about weeks 11-13 but I didnt mind too much as it was from the back and wasnt noticeable... Unfortunately now my hair is falling from my front hairline and when I put all my hair up it is clearly noticeable but after thinking about it Im not coming off lipotrim. I only have 23/24 days left on TFR so Im not giving up now ha:p plus it will grow back anyway. The hair loss is just part of VLCD's there is nothing you can do to stop it, I have taken Perfectil multivitamins for skin,hair and nails my entire LT journey but I dont think it helped really.

I first started noticing more hair coming out about weeks 11-13 but I didnt mind too much as it was from the back and wasnt noticeable... Unfortunately now my hair is falling from my front hairline and when I put all my hair up it is clearly noticeable but after thinking about it Im not coming off lipotrim. I only have 23/24 days left on TFR so Im not giving up now ha:p plus it will grow back anyway. The hair loss is just part of VLCD's there is nothing you can do to stop it, I have taken Perfectil multivitamins for skin,hair and nails my entire LT journey but I dont think it helped really.

Sorry to hear that! But wow you must be determined, and congratulations on getting this far, you've done amazingly well :eek: x

Sorry to hear that! But wow you must be determined, and congratulations on getting this far, you've done amazingly well :eek: x

Thank you, Yes I am very determind to lose this weight once and for all!!! :p I have to come off LT at the beginning of Decemebr as my pharamacy are not doing it anymore so will have a month off (healthy eating OFC) then thinking off doing another VLCD for a month or two then losing the rest of the weight on my own. I feel the hair loss is nothing compared to the amount of weight you lose :D

Thank you, Yes I am very determind to lose this weight once and for all!!! :p I have to come off LT at the beginning of Decemebr as my pharamacy are not doing it anymore so will have a month off (healthy eating OFC) then thinking off doing another VLCD for a month or two then losing the rest of the weight on my own. I feel the hair loss is nothing compared to the amount of weight you lose :D

How good does it feel getting this far? :) That's a shame that your pharmacy aren't going to do it anymore but I'm sure you'll have just as much success with something else!

Thanks so much all of yous for the reassurance! I do get myself into some proper panic states !!!!!!!!!
Crazii I hope your hair will be OK! God I know all about the stress of losing hair but at least you are near the end now :D So am I thank GOD!!!!! 7th or the 14th of Dec for me :) xxxxxxx

Thanks so much all of yous for the reassurance! I do get myself into some proper panic states !!!!!!!!!
Crazii I hope your hair will be OK! God I know all about the stress of losing hair but at least you are near the end now :D So am I thank GOD!!!!! 7th or the 14th of Dec for me :) xxxxxxx

Thanks :D I aint going to worry about my hair atm, I can still hide it when my hair is down, plus there is always extensions :p It will grow back with time. I know its great to be almost done TFR, even though im not at goal yet.. best of luck :) xx

How good does it feel getting this far? :) That's a shame that your pharmacy aren't going to do it anymore but I'm sure you'll have just as much success with something else!

It does feel great and I'm so proud of myself I never thought I had the willpower to make it this far. Thanks, I was thinking of doing Exante starting mid January, I have been researching it and its 3 meal replacements a day like LT but has alot more flavour to chose from which is exciting :)

It does feel great and I'm so proud of myself I never thought I had the willpower to make it this far. Thanks, I was thinking of doing Exante starting mid January, I have been researching it and its 3 meal replacements a day like LT but has alot more flavour to chose from which is exciting :)

Good on you! LT requires a hell of a lot of willpower, I don't think people realise how hard it can be sometimes. That sounds good, let us know how you get on!

Eeekkkk Peggy, are u OK?
See things like this scare the feck out of me!!!!!!!! I'll be coming off Lipotrim anyway either 2 weeks or 3 weeks on Friday so I'll stick it out now til the end!
But the fact I already suffer from alopecia has me really worried xxx

Even though Ill be about 13 weeks on TFR, u think I be ok ???? xxx

Yes I would think so, although the limit is usually 12 weeks at a time then you do a week refeed then go back to TFR if you still need to loose. You want me to do a bit of research and see if I can find out a bit more advice for you?

Back