Hair Loss

Oh I know what he means Tasha! It won't force out the poo as quickly as it used to!

I'm was never a great pooer anyhow so I'm used to it.

http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf/CG43NICEGuideline.pdf

that is the link, on page 46 of the document that says it shouldn't be followed for more than 12 weeks, and in fact when I did Lipotrim three years ago I was told that too. However then Lipotrim would not accept anyone on the programme who was not classed as obese by BMI, but now they accept anyone, you see, everyone is in it to make a buck or two, and whichever one of you loses all your weight and gets down to goal weight, I would ask that you keep posting on here to encourage others to do as you are and staying at a goal weight. Unfortunately all those who get down to a goal weight after months on Lipotrim, seem to vanish into thin air, only to regain the weight and either post on forums saying they have regained the 10 stone they lost or whatever, or they don't bother restarting Lipotrim - all that effort and money for a regain. Bad breath, constipation that you have to be hospitalised, dizzyness, etc., then regain. Each to their own - no offence intended, I wish you all well, but do your very best to keep it off or those clothes you gave away will need to be bought again. Back to Evans!!!

Hi Everyone, I am back on day 3 of lipotrim. I haven't updated my status but I have regained weight. It had nothing to do with lipotrim but I was a greedy little piggy and chose to eat rubbish, so I would have put on weight if i had of done weight watchers or slimming world too! Yes, I also lost hair and it completely freaked me out as loads was coming out when I had a shower but I didn't get any bald patches it just thinned out. Now it is fine! So, as this is my second time I am not too concerned about the hair loss as I want to lose the weight and keep it off this time. I love this forum and find everyone soooooo supportive.x

Lady in london you are right really 95% of all people who do vlcd eventually regain all the weight, its the statistics and why many doctors stopped doing it. I just completed week two and didnt cheat once. I have lost a whole stone. I was concerned about my bowel becomming sluggish and now my stomach has shrunk I am replacing one shake a day with 100g chicken and 150 of greens :) its about 180 cals so it doesnt make much difference to the overall amount of calories i was taking in with three shakes I am trying it for a week and see how it goes :)

The reason they dont like you to pick or eat is that it leads to overeating but savory food was never my problem, my weight gain was down to sugars and i could eat chocolate until I felt sick, after two weeks I have lost the craving for sugar and when i eat the small chicken dinner it filled me up and I didn't want anymore, my stomach has felt great too just to have some to work on and go thru my system. I thought about it very carefully and thought carbs would not be a good thing to eat as these tend to increase hunger so anyway this it what they tell you to have when refeeding :) I hope my loss is 3lbs but will only know when i get weighed next thursday but doing the maths I can't see that if i am eating 500 cals that I souldn't loss anyway???

Obv i havent written this to stumble anyone who is doing tfr this was a personal decision on the way i wanted to go forward in my weightloss goal :)

Last edited:
Lady in london you are right really 95% of all people who do vlcd eventually regain all the weight, its the statistics and why many doctors stopped doing it.

I just completed week two and didnt cheat once. I have lost a whole stone.

I was concerned about my bowel becomming sluggish and now my stomach has shrunk I am replacing one shake a day with 100g chicken and 150 of greens :) its about 180 cals so it doesnt make much difference to the overall amount of calories i was taking in with three shakes I am trying it for a week and see how it goes :)

The reason they dont like you to pick or eat is that it leads to overeating but savory food was never my problem, my weight gain was down to sugars and i could eat chocolate until I felt sick, after two weeks I have lost the craving for sugar and when i eat the small chicken dinner it filled me up and I didn't want anymore, my stomach has felt great too just to have some to work on and go thru my system. I thought about it very carefully and thought carbs would not be a good thing to eat as these tend to increase hunger so anyway this it what they tell you to have when refeeding :) I hope my loss is 3lbs but will only know when i get weighed next thursday but doing the maths I can't see that if i am eating 500 cals that I souldn't loss anyway???

Obv i havent written this to stumble anyone who is doing tfr this was a personal decision on the way i wanted to go forward in my weightloss goal :)

Well done, you are doing well and anyone who sticks to Lipotrim for the 12 weeks, (or at the more risky longer than 12 weeks) deserves a medal, because it is foul stuff, but hey, it got me losing 4 stone in 9 weeks. Personally I think where it is most useful is when a person is classed medically as super super obese. It is a quick fire way to get some stones off and then do the proper refeeding system and then be given help, preferably psychological help too. I have stated many times that if people could have psych help to deal with the self-abuse they are experiencing with food (and let's face it, a morbidly obese person is self-abusing - they know their food weakness is bad for them, but feel unable to stop this self-abuse), if they could get counselling or psych help to find out why they use food to heal, harm, soothe, punish themselves, etc., then the problem would be knocked on the head and they would not need to self-medicate their problems with food.

With regard to your post re calories, well, yes, the calories of a protein and veg are low, but of course the nutrients that are in a Lipotrim shake have more than protein and vit C, they have minerals and other vits too, so I would suggest you make sure you take a multivit and mineral tablet to supplement this food meal.

I am waiting for a backlash. When people lose several stones on Lipotrim they are very loyal to Lipotrim. I am not going to knock it. All well and good for someone to lose several stones. But I challenge anyone on here to post truthfully their weight six months after getting to goal weight having lost that on a vlcd. Then again one year after and so on. Even Lighterlife and CD counsellors have been known to be a bit porky after losing weight, according to posts on various vlcd forums. Why not private message or email people on a vlcd forum who stated two years ago they had got down to a goal weight. Ask them how they are doing now.

VLCDs are good for a short-term measure. They are not reliable for keeping weight off and it will be a huge struggle. It erases the yearning for take-aways, chocs, etc., whilst on a vlcd, but those demons return with a vengence once off the vlcd.

Once again, I am not flaming anyone for doing a vlcd, but face facts that it is harder to maintain than lose.

Lady in london :)
I was 21stone sept 2008 by february i ha got my weight down to 16stone 9lbs by walking and eating sensibly then I developed gallstones and severe attacks which I think was brought on by the weightloss anyway kept my weight stable until June 2009 and had my operation, well since then i regained 2 stone through stress etc, and went up to 18stone 10 I realise now that stress and people that are stressful are the trigger to my overeating, Anyway I went on the vlcd two weeks ago and am now down to 17stone7lbs in my underwear, I think that I will take three shakes in addition to a small meal :) Its not savory food i overeat anyway, but sugar is a battle, Last night everyone was having pizza :( so i decided i would have a pizza and use two portabella mushrooms as a base topped with cooked chicken, some light pasta sauce, black olives and 50gs mozzarella, on the side spinich broccolli green beans, suffice to say they were delicious and I was very surprised that just one mushroom is only 10cals, very different to how many cals are in a pizza base :eek: I think for a while I will just have one low cal meal a night until I lose a couple more stone then i will substitute two meals :)
I too think people who can do SSvlcd on a longtime basis should be given a medal, i know i couldn't two weeks is my limit esp when bad breath forces my friends to stay away from me, I think the plan for me is to slowly increase daily calories to 800, i will still have a good weightloss and yes it will be slower but I get to eat :)

My goodness lady you have lost loads! well done to you :)

Hi Pmfa and thanks. I think I have digressed a bit because this thread is about hair loss and that is less likely to happen if weight is lost at a slower rate. I think 3 shakes and a meal for you is good because you will be getting all the vits and mins from the shakes. Lipotrim is very hard, and I am in a hurry, but the way I am doing it is very manageable and half a stone a month is still 6 stones a year. I hope you do well on your eating scheme. I think every single person is individual and we have just got to find the right eating plan for us.

vlcd hair loss

Hi everyone,
I was on LL for 13 weeks 2 years ago that was the minimum contract.
My hair fell out drastically...kept putting it in a clear plastic bag....which filled up.

Went to the doctors with it....i was devastated.

Anyway to cut a long story short....Doc said it was nothing to do with nutrition....diet was ok with that....the big problem was that i lost the weight far too quickly....so my body went into shock...it started to shut down everything that it thought was not vital.......for instance....hair loss....nails breaking and not growing etc.

It has taken me all this time to grow my hair back and to recover properly.

My metabolism has also messed up....cannot lose any decent weight on diets anymore...tried 2 different ones in the last 7 weeks.... both ketosis....fat burning...but you still eat food.

I have only lost 9lbs in all that time.....everyone else on the plan seems to have lost a stone a month.

Hope this helps.....i am still trying to find another diet that will work for me.

Good luck everyone.:talk017:
Shaz x

Yes, I personally think as I stated above, that if people can lose weight slowly and surely then that is the best way. Fast weight loss and extreme diets are only good for an emergency need, ie for a quick loss before surgery if surgery is being delayed due to super morbid obesity, or if, for instance, the weight has made someone bed-bound or housebound. For people who are super morbidly obese, I personally think the best way is to reduce calories to 1500 a day or a bit more if you are a man or very tall/heavy, and just get on with it. We know about healthy eating. I went from 30 stone to 26 stone in 9 weeks of Lipotrim, then did a sensible calorie controlled diet (lost the plot a bit on the way though). As I said, I am not knocking Lipotrim, but I think it should only be used in extreme cases, and must be sanctioned by a person's GP first before a person starts taking it.

Loss of hair

My hair is already thin as I suffer from an underactive thyroid, currently I am taking 125 mg of thyroxine daily.
I am worried that Lipotrim will further damage my hair. I have decided to continue with the diet as I am due for an operation and I am 5 stones overwieght, in obese category. However, as soon as I see signs of furhter thinning of my hair I intend to stop with Lipotrim. I will go back on Slimming World which is slow I suppose but much healthier.
I am on day 3 but managing to keep up 100% self discipline is required. I believe this experience will prepare me better for the future to watch and control how I eat. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Dolphin,

I too have an underactive thyroid, and take 150mcg of thyroxine daily, and my hair did thin during my time on TFR, but it is 100% back to normal now that I am off the programme. Hope this has put your mind at ease

Clair x

My hair is already thin as I suffer from an underactive thyroid, currently I am taking 125 mg of thyroxine daily.
I am worried that Lipotrim will further damage my hair. I have decided to continue with the diet as I am due for an operation and I am 5 stones overwieght, in obese category. However, as soon as I see signs of furhter thinning of my hair I intend to stop with Lipotrim. I will go back on Slimming World which is slow I suppose but much healthier.
I am on day 3 but managing to keep up 100% self discipline is required. I believe this experience will prepare me better for the future to watch and control how I eat. Any comments would be much appreciated.

I too have an underactive thyroid (175mg thyroxine) and have thick hair, and i lose a lot every time i wash it.. BUT it is only strands, not great big clumps, so try and bear with it as this diet really does work, and at the end of the day what's a few stray hairs compared to being healthy x

Good luck x

loss of hair

I too have an underactive thyroid, and take 150mcg of thyroxine daily, and my hair did thin during my time on TFR, but it is 100% back to normal now that I am off the programme. Hope this has put your mind at ease

Clair x

------------------------------------------------

Thanks Claire

My hair is already thin and I am very conscious of this fact as it is noticable when I am sitting down.
Yes, your comments have put my mind at ease. Lipotrim does work, I am already 6Ibs lighter, it has kind of given me motivation to stick with it. I can't wait till next thursday:D

weight.png

Staring weight 206 Ibs with slimming World

Lipotrim 7th may 2011

Week 1 - 6.5 Ibs :jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous:

i dont think someone told me that its not that ur hair falls out more on LT its that it doesnt grow back that quick cus the low cal and all in take .

[QUOTE=SlimmerSu;3600022]I too have an underactive thyroid (175mg thyroxine) not great big clumps, so try and bear with it as this diet really does work, and at the end of the day what's a few stray hairs compared to being healthy x

Good luck x[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------
My hair is already thin any more loss will label me as bald:cry:
Your dosage of thyroxine is much higher than mine, do you go for 6 monthly check ups?
My thyroid problem went undetected for years, my weight was slowly creeping up but my doctor would just laugh it off. It was only after his retirement when the new younger doctor came along, after some blood tests my problem came to the fore front. The damage had been done by then, I tried every diet, nothing worked, mind you I couldn't get the hang of them.
I saw reviews about Lipotrim by chance, what incredible journey this is going to be.
weight.png

Staring weight 206 Ibs with slimming World

Lipotrim 7th may 2011

Week 1 - 6.5 Ibs :jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous:

Not sure if I have posted on this thread in the past, rushed at the mo so sorry if I repeat myself...!!
I also have underactive thyroid and my hair is very thin at the front especially where its see-through. very conscious of it, hate it. This diet worried me for this reason as I cant lose any more. Anyway, I did about 7 weeks of tfr but naughtily substituted with food for medical reasons and my own need in the end and couldnt stop!... I am now off the diet and maintaining and eating sensibly and my hair has remained unchanged but I know this is down to me also topping up this diet which is NOT recommended and i dont recommend starting it as its hard to stop....
BUT, you have said that when you notice your hair thinning you will stop the diet... This is NOT how it works. While you are doing the diet your hair is in a frozen state in that its static.... its only when you stop the diet to do re-feed that the shedding of hair begins usually as your body can function better and the hair growth/shed cycle starts up again... by this time you wont know and it will just happen and you cant stop it. Not everyone is affected but its more pronnounced in those with thin hair.. its very precious to us hey!!! LOL!.... so please if you are that concerned speak to a GP etc as this is what i did as I was so worried. by the time you are slinky and dont care and are full of confidence you will either not mind your hair thinning or you will and it will be too late. It takes about a year for it to return to normal, by which time it should have fully recovered.
ihope thats of some help - i totally understand your hesitation as its a huge part of my life and worry about tfr! Thankfully it wasnt an issue for me in the end but it could have been xxx

Thanks Donna

I also have underactive thyroid and my hair is very thin at the front especially where its see-through. very conscious of it, hate it. This diet worried me for this reason as I cant lose any more. Anyway, I did about 7 weeks of tfr but naughtily substituted with food for medical reasons and my own need in the end and couldnt stop!... I am now off the diet and maintaining and eating sensibly and my hair has remained unchanged but I know this is down to me also topping up this diet
----------------------------------------------
Hey Donna

This site is brilliant in the sense if you have a question, there will be someone around the corner to offer help and give an insight into their experience. Thanks for your comments, yes my main worry is my hair which is already thin, plus I have arthritis in my right leg, causing some serious pain now, in addition I am on a waiting list for an operation, so the need to shed surplus fat is great. It is reassuring to know that hair does grow back once we are back on normal diet.
I rang the head office this morning, the woman on the other end was most helpful, she said that the hair in most cases grows back, of course she had her own interest at heart.
However, when someone like you comes out and says it like it is, then one should take note. I am going to continue with the diet until my BMI reaches 25, it works out to be 2 stones, in the meantime I will speak to my doctor and see what he says.
So have you gone back to Weight Watchers? I prefer Slimming World, I find it easy to follow.:jelous:

Hi Dolphin....

Hope you are ok today x

Like you it took ages for them to diagnose me, and even now i am not stable medicinally... I have gone between 150 mg and 200mg of thyroxine and had a blood test last week to find out what 175mg is doing ... I will let you know what the doctor says tomorrow...
I was also diagnosed with arthritis (nowhere near as severe as yours by the sound of it), mainly in my arms/shoulders, but since i lost some weight (I was 16stone 5) i have found i can move them a lot easier and have a wider range of movement, so please don't give up hope! x

Hi Dolphin....

Hope you are ok today x

Like you it took ages for them to diagnose me, and even now i am not stable medicinally... I have gone between 150 mg and 200mg of thyroxine and had a blood test last week to find out what 175mg is doing ... I will let you know what the doctor says tomorrow...
I was also diagnosed with arthritis (nowhere near as severe as yours by the sound of it), mainly in my arms/shoulders, but since i lost some weight (I was 16stone 5) i have found i can move them a lot easier and have a wider range of movement, so please don't give up hope! x
----------------------------------------------
I have only lost 16 Ibs but still my leg feels lot better, I am not limping around as much.
I believe once I have shifted this weight, all my problems will disappear.:D

Back