Hair Loss

Dolphin, been meaning to reply properly but not had the time - you said about needing to shed weight for an op etc too. I can completely relate to that too .. that was my reasons behind starting up! I have severe back problems and also troubles with my hips and pelvis. Last year I was pretty much crippled and couldnt walk to my kitchen unaided it had got that bad! I have had a few procedures and have had a big op looming to help my back but I am so scared I have put it off and gone back on the list etc.... done this a few times! Anyway, had other operations pending also so knew the next chance I had was to help myself bylosing some weight to help the risk factors and recovery.... I had already lost over 5 stone myself but was still overweight so I began and found this site too. So, I am now 2.5 or 3 stone less than I was... and my back is fantastic compared to how it was. I knew it would do me good but I never envisaged myself being able to get in a pool, do aquafit or even walk the kiddies to school... 6 months ago I couldnt walk outside without a buggy like a walking frame.... thats changed. Yes I still have a dodgy back indeed! And I live on morphine 24/7 plus other stuff but I now have a true quality of life - I am able to enjoy myself, get out under my own steam... the op risks are less yes, I achieved what I wanted. So much so I bit the bullet and had my gallbladder taken out last week - i am already better!!... BUT, the biggest change is my mobility and back stuff.. I am that much better I am strongly considering pulling the plug on one of my big ops... the risks are there and there is a chance it could leave me worse off than I am today... its quite good right now so I am inclined to leave it alone for now. It can go again at any moment, I dont know what tmw holds and if so I will need it doing asap but right now I cant tempt fate and my gut tells me to play safe, be careful what I do and just see how I go with another stone off... the weight has had a huge effect!! What I find hard to believe is that I can lift (stupidly but have done!!) my 2 youngest kids... and they weigh less than I have lost... my poor old back was struggling so much when I was big as it was like carrying those 2 around all of the time, plus another 3 stone!!!! Its no wonder my back is knackered! I couldnt climb the stairs with them but my poor body dealt with that every single day! tut tut!!

So, less waffle...!! I would not be surprised if you get a nice shock as the weight falls off! I certainly have and will continue to do so no doubt! :)

Its all fab eh!!! Hope you have the same success I have - its changed my life and its not all about the physical image.. the health stuff is far mroe important xxx

Dolphin, been meaning to reply properly but not had the time - you said about needing to shed weight for an op etc too. I can completely relate to that too .. that was my reasons behind starting up! I have severe back problems and also troubles with my hips and pelvis. Last year I was pretty much crippled and couldnt walk to my kitchen unaided it had got that bad! I have had a few procedures and have had a big op looming to help my back but I am so scared I have put it off and gone back on the list etc.... done this a few times! Anyway, had other operations pending also so knew the next chance I had was to help myself bylosing some weight to help the risk factors and recovery.... I had already lost over 5 stone myself but was still overweight so I began and found this site too. So, I am now 2.5 or 3 stone less than I was... and my back is fantastic compared to how it was. I knew it would do me good but I never envisaged myself being able to get in a pool, do aquafit or even walk the kiddies to school... 6 months ago I couldnt walk outside without a buggy like a walking frame.... thats changed. Yes I still have a dodgy back indeed! And I live on morphine 24/7 plus other stuff but I now have a true quality of life - I am able to enjoy myself, get out under my own steam... the op risks are less yes, I achieved what I wanted. So much so I bit the bullet and had my gallbladder taken out last week - i am already better!!... BUT, the biggest change is my mobility and back stuff.. I am that much better I am strongly considering pulling the plug on one of my big ops... the risks are there and there is a chance it could leave me worse off than I am today... its quite good right now so I am inclined to leave it alone for now. It can go again at any moment, I dont know what tmw holds and if so I will need it doing asap but right now I cant tempt fate and my gut tells me to play safe, be careful what I do and just see how I go with another stone off... the weight has had a huge effect!! What I find hard to believe is that I can lift (stupidly but have done!!) my 2 youngest kids... and they weigh less than I have lost... my poor old back was struggling so much when I was big as it was like carrying those 2 around all of the time, plus another 3 stone!!!! Its no wonder my back is knackered! I couldnt climb the stairs with them but my poor body dealt with that every single day! tut tut!!

So, less waffle...!! I would not be surprised if you get a nice shock as the weight falls off! I certainly have and will continue to do so no doubt! :)

Its all fab eh!!! Hope you have the same success I have - its changed my life and its not all about the physical image.. the health stuff is far mroe important xxx

-----------------------------------------------
Hey Donna

What a wonderful post. As I have mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I was talking to my daughter the other day and without meaning to be unkind she said that she has never known me to be slim, she is 25, which means I have been fat for the last 25 years, the weight has been piling up slowly. As I piled up weight, my clothes increased in size from 12, then 14, 16, 18 and now Marks & Spencer's 20. I can only look at the Pru Una selection and admire, I can't buy them for myself. Not long ago, a long blue dress was advertised on TV which I wanted but was informed that all size 20s had been sold out only 10s and 12s left, no way I could have got into 12.
Isn't that depressing in itself?
As for my leg it has been getting worse, I have been for physiotherapy but to no avail. What's more I have been given a "walking stick".:cry:
How depressing is that? Mind you since I have shed 16 Ibs, there seems to be slight improvement in my leg, I am more mobile.
I was watching my nephew's little baby the other day, he is crawling and moves like lightening, I can hardly get out of the chair, every bone and limb aches. Yes, more reason to lose weight.
I think it's a good idea to postpone your hip operation for now and see how the weight loss improves your mobility, perhaps you could start physiotherapy to get your muscle working again.
This site is brilliant, I wish I had found it earlier, perhaps I would have enjoyed last few years more. oh well, it wasn't meant to be...:D

Last edited:
Back