Hair Loss

Uphillstruggle

Hiya,
Just taken a quick glance in the mirror (a rare occurance I can tell you!) and noticed that I can see my scalp. AHHHH! I was warned on here a while ao that there might be some hair loss with LL, but it seems to have happened very suddenly - I am definitely thinning out on top and in certain light, as I am blonde, I look quite bald!

Is there anything I can take for this? I intend to be on the diet for at least another 8 weeks and don't want to look like Duncan Goodhew by the end...

:)
Bethx

Hey uphillstruggle

Sorry I can't advise anything that could help :(
My understanding of the hairloss thing is that it can't happen until food comes back into play...are you on management?
There have been many posts about this exact subject so I'm sure there will be a Mini along soon who can offer up some advice.
:)

Hi Beth
My LLC mentioned hair loss at our first meeting and recommended "Wella SP System Professional Energy Serum".
I have also read on someone else's post about tablets from Holland & Barratts but I can't remember what they were called. Hopefully another poster will know.
My friend who has finished LL now said that losing hair was one of the worst things for her on this diet but also said that it starts growing faster (and back) not long after the end.
Hope this helps.

Im on Lipotrim and have noticed my hair falling out a fair bit , not patchy thou , not that ive notice . i had a similar problem a few years ago thou whne i was reeally stressed .

Hope it will right its self soon thou x

Hi Beth,

I have had hair loss a couple of times and it has grown back no problem.

My hair dresser said she could see the new growth, so perhaps you could get your hair dresser to have a look or someone close to you.

My hair would be fine and I would have a lot of it, but when it was falling out it was a bit scary the first time as I was wondering was it going to stop.

I did not take anything for it, but I do believe Westhills took some sort of vitamin supplement and she does recommend it, if you post in the Wemitts forum she will see your post and be able to help you out.

To date I have not heard of anyone who's hair did not grow back and normally it seems much healthier.

It does not effect everyone.

Love Mini xxx

Back