hair loss?

wannabeaslimjim

Silver Member
i have heard that you can lose a lot of hair, has this happened to you? how did you deal with it? is it permanent?

Some people don't get it at all. I've had it a little, since I'd lost about 4-5 stone - every day when I brush my hair, there is more of it in my hairbrush - I had really thick hair, so no-one else would notice it for me. No, it's not permanent, once you start eating food again, it will grow back.

But lots of people never experience it.

I had this on Lipotrim quite a lot of my hair fell out but my hair was always very thick and it went really thin and I was really worried and started to take extra vitamins, which didnt really help but when I came off the diet it all stopped falling out within a short time it is now almost back to where it was before but this time on Exante Im not that bothered if it thins again as I know it will come back again

My hair had been coming out randomly for ages, since way before I started exante :( My doc reckoned it was stress related.
Since starting exante (and sticking to it this time) I've found my hair is actually getting thicker and is in better condition.

This is only my 8th week on Exante and I've not experience any hair thinning. It's not really hair loss though, every day we shred hair, but it constantly grows so you don't notice it. However when on a VLCD hair growth can be stopped so that our energy is used for more important things, like keeping our heart and organs healthy. So it's just that our hair stops growing, it's not falling out. Once you start eating more calories your hair will start to grow again. Like previous posters have said though, not everyone with experience it and it depends on how long you will be following the diet for.

No sign for me too, hair in better condition than ever.
GSQ

No, for some of us, it is definitely falling out! I have to empty my hairbrush of hair every day, as there are handfuls of it (the same happened to me on LL), but I know when I stop it will grow back, I will get loads of fuzzy baby hair! so will probably cut my hair short again!

I agree with Cybill, for some of us it definitely does fall out.

Hair has three phases and when on a VLCD your hair is the last place that receives nutrients so the hair is "killed off" too early. I did lipotrim for three months in 2009 with no hair loss and when I came off, within a month I had lost two thirds of my hair. It's when you start eating properly that it begins to (not for everyone though) fall out, as the nutrients get to the hair and the new hairs push out the dead bulbs - aka Telogen Effluvium. I still see a trichologist on a regular basis. That's also why I am doing WS so that enough protein gets to my hair as I'm not going through that again. Noooo way!

Yeah I'm suffering from the hair loss too. :(

No, for some of us, it is definitely falling out! I have to empty my hairbrush of hair every day, as there are handfuls of it (the same happened to me on LL), but I know when I stop it will grow back, I will get loads of fuzzy baby hair! so will probably cut my hair short again!

same here, cybill. I also have to declog the plug hole everytime I wash my hair in the shower, I'm standing in a good few inches of water :eek:

Not worried though....would rather be a size 14 :D

Onwards and downwards
x

Back