Hair loss

*minime*

Hi
I was hoping to hear from anyone who has experienced this side effect. I have very fine hair, a lot of it but very fine :) The problem is I have been loosing it by the handfull from about the third week into Lipotrim. I am very worried as I don't see any new hair growth in its place, I have no bald spots as yet but I can definetly notice the thinning. Don't want to put people off as I have lost quite a lot of weight and would like to continue but I don't want to be a thin bald person!

Lots of us have this, its a side effect of VLCDs. It does grow back when you stop and I have not heard of any ne who has gone bald! Dont worry :)

hey minime I have very thick hair and Ive noticed that my hair has thinned out a lot since been on LT. I think its a side effect many people get. As it has been said before, try not to worry think of it as your body rejuvinating itself. If you are still worried perhaps chat to the chemist and see if they can give you advice on it. xxx

i have very thin hair and it started to fall out 2 months after i stoped! still coming out in clumps but its meant to grow back!

Hi hun i had no problem with that on LT but since refeeding i have had a big problem with it! I too have very fine hair..and not much of it! I started to see through it a bit in places but it seems to be settling down now, i am taking multivits(you cant obviously). Should grow back fine hun xx

Westie, how long did it take to grow back?? and how thin did it get?? I can take the truth! xx

Westie, how long did it take to grow back?? and how thin did it get?? I can take the truth! xx

Truthfully, I did LL in 2006. I finished in August and by October my hair was really thin (so bad that I called my hairdresser from Menorca when I was on holiday to make an appointment to get it chopped off).

I messed about on CD until June last year and it wasn't until after that it began to grow back. In fact I can only really say that it has fully recovered in the last 6 months. It probably would have recovered sooner other than my messing about.

The attached pictures show me 1) October 2006 passport photo with hair at the thinnest 2) Taken at the recent Birmingham meet mid April 2008.

But I must add that I know lots of people who haven't had any problems with hairloss at all :D

Attachments

• Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 53
  • P4190139a.jpg
    P4190139a.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 35
Hi There

I am new to this, can someone explain what LT and CD is??

Thank you
TopTotty

Lt is lipotrim and CD is cambridge diet......both are low carlorie total food replacement diets.

It definately one of the worse side effects.....I started loosing when I stopped LT in early October and it was christmas before I noticed that that it stopped but cos I am pregnant I dont know if thats connected also........

hairloss not very thick very long hair what happens

what happens if you have got long hair that is not very thick mines fine i use hair thickening shampoos to make it look thicker than it is i use pantene full and thick used to prefer full volume as i dont think this works as well but they have messed about with it changed names etc I am talking this is the state of my hair now but im on lipotrim and will be until October so dont want to end up losing my waist length hair take years to get it back.
or having to have it cut takes to long to grow and suits me long.
Anyone heard anything about anyone with long hair how they got on would be grateful laura

Back