Hairy Dieters Pie

Does any1 know where 2 get foil pie tins from plz? I've looked everywhere but cant find them and I really want to make these pies lol. Thanks

welshshopoholic said:
Does any1 know where 2 get foil pie tins from plz? I've looked everywhere but cant find them and I really want to make these pies lol. Thanks

Hi they have them in pound land x

Well just done a version of the hairy dieters pie.... I made one big pie at 22 syns so 5.5 each. I used the beef and mushroom filling from the sw website.
It was delish!

I had a bash at making the hairy dieters pie last night and they were yummy and came in at around 8 syns each. Higher than I would normally want to eat but not bad for a whole pie as a treat....yum :) So I made a few changes to the recipe but it still made 6 pies.

For the pastry I made pizza base using 200g fat free natural yogurt and 250g self raising flour
mix it, season it, knead it until you have an elastic dough and it is good to go.

For the filling I could only get lean mince so that was 1 syns per pie but would be free with extra lean.

I substituted leeks for celery (as me and celery don't get along!) and instead of using flour, ketchup and brown sauce, I added 4tsp of bisto gravy granules. Otherwise stuck to the recipe.

They are a bit labour intensive but it does make a batch of 6 and it's pie for around 8 syns! Not bad considering a pukka pie is around 25 syns.

Back