half packs

Springador

When people have half a pack how do you divide the contents, just by guess work?

Yes I have been guesstimating.

when i did that....i weighed it,then split into two.

Linda.

I just guessed

just guess.
You'll be having the whole pack by the end of the day anyway so making the 2 halves identical didn't seem to make any odds to me.
There was a time when I was struggling that I split them into roughly 3 parts. Each one got made up with about 500ml water. Flavour became a bit insipid but it achieved 2 things.
1. I had lots of little meals which helped.
2. i was getting quite a bit of my water in with my meals so didn't need so much plain water to glugg.

I always weigh mine, I just stick the blender jug on the scales and pour in the powder until it reaches 20g. Then fold over the top of the remaining pack and stick it in the cupboard.

Sometimes I have a different flavour when I have the other half so I like to make sure I've used exactly half :)

Someone posted on another thread ages ago that half a pack was about 4 tablespoons (not heaped), and I have been doing that and it seems about right.

Yes i use to use about 4tbspns and found that was about right. Also made the half pack with more than 1/4pint of water so ended up drinking more water throughout the day.

Yes i use to use about 4tbspns and found that was about right. Also made the half pack with more than 1/4pint of water so ended up drinking more water throughout the day.

Yeah I always add more water to my shakes - I have a big mug that I use, it's like a mug and a half size. Just perfect for me as I like quantity :D

Very useful tips if you are struggling.......!

I know some people mix packs too, I havent tried this yet.....!!!! Incase I dont like it

Have a try Sonkie- I love mixing packs, it brings variety. Try fruit with fruit though and toffee/coffee/choc combos e.g. coffee and banana = pukesville but strawb and banana yum!

I was told it was about 4 tablespoons, but i dont know if thats right??

Each pack contains approx 6 heaped teaspoons (not tablespoons - they're huge!)!!!! Therefore, half pack works out to be roughly 3 heaped teaspoons. Makes things easier when you want to make muffins etc, with 2 or 3 flavours.

1xChoc, 1xStrawb, 1xBanana = Neopolatin
2xChoc, 1xStrawb = ChocBerry
2xButterscotch, 1xBanana = Banoffee
2xChoc, 1xCappuccino = Mocha
2xChoc, 1xBanana = ChocBanana

The list is endless, but you get the jist! I guess weighing would be more accurate, but I could never see me faffing about doing that! Will carry on using my trusty teaspoon methinks!
I rarely use the same pack up later the same day. Normally roll down the sachet and use within few days. That way not tied down to same flavours each day!
Also, try half 'n half chicken 'n mushroom soup mixed with vegetable for a change. Or add a teaspoon of the SavVeg flavouring to chicken soup - yummy!
Okay, time for bed! Night night!!

Back