Halloumi's food diary

You don't eat much do you, from what I see your servings are like a snack for me. No wonder I find it hard to lose! If I have your portions I'd probably eat once every hour. STS this week which is quite good considering I had 2 off days one was tsigno Thursday and Saturday's sweet tooth with 3 American chocolate chip cookies and savoury cheese pie.

Hi everyone...thought I'd tag along...

Halloumi, you look like you're very well behaved, so I'm hoping reading your diary will inspire me to be better!

It might just be my photo taking skills, that was a pretty big pile of pasta :)

STS is good when you've had a couple of days off. I'm trying so hard to cling on to today, I can feel it slipping - I'm grumpy and headachey and tired. Must resist. I'm trying to save my strawberry options for just before bed!

Day 2, week 6

Stayed within syns yesterday, ended at 15 as planned.

Today's plan:

Am: yogurt/fruit
Milk in coffees (3.0)
PM: salad, and leftover pasta from yesterday
Quorn Cottage pie, with swede mash, beans, veg (need to double check if quorn mince is synned, I think not?)
Yogurt
Melon
Syns: options (2.0) and milk = 5.0

Need to plan tomorrow as I'll be out early till late, planning to make a vegetable couscous to take and eat cold along the way, with alpen lights and fruit/cheese snacks.

Last edited:
Just realised I haven't planned in any healthy extras today, so am not going to count my milk as I'll use that as a hea. Not sure about the B yet...

Total syns: 2.0 (I'm sure I can bring this up though...)

Syns: 1 homemade pancake with lemon juice and sugar (3.0), mini marshmallows (2.0)

Total syns for today: 7.0

Last edited:
I have totally messed up today.

Day 3, week 6

Long day at work,
Ate: 2 ryvita with cheese (hea), apple, strawbs, 2 alpen light. Only realised much later that I'd done 2 hex b choices!!! So both seem to be 6 syns, so 6 it is.
Milk in coffees (5.0)
Leftover pasta with salmon, quark, onion. No proper super free with this meal either, but too hungry and too late to care.

Will have an options later (2.0)

Total: 13

A lot higher than I'd meant it to be today :-/

Last edited:
Hi hope u well. Pancake sounds nice how do you make yours? 1-2 eggs how much flour, milk? I can never get the right mix.

Hi, I just googled pancake recipe and followed the first recipe that came up! Don't know if we're allowed to post links, but its the perfect pancakes recipe off BBC good food website. I doubled it and made loads as we had family over.

Day 4 week 6

Plan:
Am: yogurt
Pm: salad and smoked mackerel, alpen lights (hex)
Jacket potato with tuna, light Mayo, spicy coleslaw (2.0), cheese (hea)

Options (2.0)

Syns: 4.0

That was the plan. Reality was yesterday everything caught up with me.

AM: yogurt, milk in coffees (3.0)
PM: 1/2 bowl savoury rice, Mars mini rolls (3), 2 pack crisps, 2 alpen light (hex), Chinese takeaway and 2 cans lager.

Well, that was a spectacular fall off the wagon. Back to it today.

Last edited:
Day 5, week 6

Plan:
Am: yogurt, fruit
Pm: 2 ryvita with cheese (hex and hea), apple
Baked pot, beans, raw carrots
Yogurt
Syns: milk in coffees (3.0) and options (2.0), crisps (6.5)

Total: 11.5

Last edited:
How does it happen?! Days like that are just a slippery slope! I know them well!

I hate it!!!! I think it was brewing all week in fairness, just managed to hold off until Thursday, and then a combination of bad day, lack of willpower and running out of SW friendly food conspired against me. I had stomach cramps all evening after the Chinese and lager! I'm determined to draw a line and carry on though, sometimes I think its needed to get it out of the system, but I know it will affect tomorrow weigh in, checked on scales today and have magically gained 2lb! That'd be the Chinese food then....!

I think that's the best thing to do...move on and use it as motivation to be good again! Onwards and downwards :)

Well, last night went a bit downhill too. It was OK until the late evening when I was tempted by biscuits, which led to a chocolate dessert yogurt, crisps and lager again (ashamed). I have it out of my system now I think!!!

Today:
AM: milk in coffee (hea), alpen lights (hex)
PM: homemade SW pea and ham soup, SW lemon roulade (1/3 cake, 0.5 syns for whole thing) with strawberries.
Plan for later - spicy chicken with veg couscous, salad and SW chips, probably more roulade (0.5). I have a sneaky creme egg in the freezer, I may eat it later tonight if I don't have any other syns.
Edit to add: creme egg 9.0

Total syns 9.5

Last edited:
Back