Halloween menu ideas??

xgeorgix

Having the girls round to get ready on Saturday before we go out in town fancy dress for Halloween so decided to do a Halloween meal and snacks. There will be about 8 of us and I've been to M&S and got some ghost and bat shaped crisps chocolate eyeballs witches finger biscuits but want something I can eat on sw!!! I'm going to do some sugar free jelly with spiders in (jelly sweet ones) and a Halloween witches brew punch (diet lemonade black current sambuca and sided bat shaped ice cubed made using sugar free squash- thinking apple so they are green?) but just wandered if anyone else had any ideas for a spooky main? Apart from pumpkin soup can't think of much....thanks x

I don't know whether you've seen it already but they have an article on Halloween menu ideas on the slimming world website so that might help you? X

Oo brilliant no I hadn't seen that just had a look now it's given me some good ideas thanks! Wish they would show these on the front page I bet I've missed loads not looking for it properly! Thanks x

No probs! Hope you have a good night :) xx

1 question - can I come? Haha your punch sounds naughty but nice lol

Thanks I'm sure it will be a good night! Yea I'm looking forward to the punch but hoping I can sneak extra lemonade in when no ones looking to keep my syns down haha x

Sugar Free Toffee Apples

This is a straight forward recipe for sugar free toffee apples. It can be great fun for children to make with adults but do remember the hot liquid will burn terribly if spilled on the skin.Ingredients:

• Six tbs granulated sweetener (remember to check the manufacturer’s instructions)
  • Three tbs water
  • One tbsp white vinegar
  • Four apples
  • Four toffee apple sticks
  • Red Food Colouring

Method:

Place your granulated sweetener, water and vinegar in a medium saucepan and stir over a low heat until dissolved. Add some red (or green maybe) food colouring then bring to the boil and leave to bubble. Every so often take a small amount on the end of a tsp and drop into a glass of cold water. When the toffee sets hard it is ready to use. Wash your apples and remove the stalks. Going from top to bottom, press a stick through the centre of each apple, to create a giant lollipop. With the stick in your hand, dip each apple into the toffee, making sure the whole fruit is completely covered. Stand the toffee apples on a lightly greased baking sheet (apples down) and leave to cool on the side. When cool, place in the fridge over night. The toffee apples are now ready to eat or to wrap in cling film, tie with a ribbon and store or present as a gift.

Try making some spooky fingers - slice chicken breasts into strips, coat in egg and smash, then try to stick a slivered almond or something to make the finger nail..... lots of ketchup blood!

Thanks they are both really good ideas! I'm also going to make a free pasta dish using the green pasta you can buy and a tomato sauce and a pumpkin curry which people can help themselves too. For dessert I'm going to do a meringue nest made into eye balls using black grapes and quark and fromage frai mixed together to make a cream type topping. Really looking forward to this now can't wait to get cooking! Xx

I had a dinner party last halloween and made spaghetti and meatballs (eyeballs and worms) :p I also made a toffe apple crumble which was divine but wasnt on SW back then so god knows the syns! x

Back