Ham???

Karen A

I'm still new...but. I have an observation that I am curious about. Not sure if it is a local taste or custom item since most of the members here are from UK regions.

But why do so many people eat ham beginning a diet????

I would think that would be something to add on later down the road, possibly stage 3. For so many reasons that would be way down on my meat list. Just the salt alone would deter me.
Not meaning to offend anyone, just trying to understand.:confused::confused::confused:

Morning Karen! I'm not a big ham eater myself, but I find that lean ham seems to have lower calories/fat than some chickens or turkey! There was a huge campaign in the States a few years back - "Pork... the other white meat." It contended that lean bits of pork were just as healthy as chicken or turkey. Guess it worked on me :)

i think people love ham and if they can get it in a diet they will ..in the original dukan it was a definate NO ....but has now been flouted by many

Yep - agree with Jaq. New people seem to go for the ham initially then, when more experienced with the diet and they see how much better they lose without it (most often!), they start cooking from scratch!

Joanne that is where my head is. When we cook pork in our household it is always fresh meat, we smoke a lot of tenderloins. However since I started Dukan I have refrained from that. For me pork can be a little difficult to digest.
Tenderloins are even better when stuffed before smoking. Think port macerated dried fruit, trussed into a tenderloin and slow smoked for hours. We stuff with all types of yummies, depending on the season. Our smoker has a good 10 years of seasoning on it. Now close your ears but I do wrap in extremely thin fresh bacon to protect the meat from drying so badly. It almost melts away. Some people eat the bacon some don't.

Joanne that is where my head is. When we cook pork in our household it is always fresh meat, we smoke a lot of tenderloins. However since I started Dukan I have refrained from that. For me pork can be a little difficult to digest.
Tenderloins are even better when stuffed before smoking. Think port macerated dried fruit, trussed into a tenderloin and slow smoked for hours. We stuff with all types of yummies, depending on the season. Our smoker has a good 10 years of seasoning on it. Now close your ears but I do wrap in extremely thin fresh bacon to protect the meat from drying so badly. It almost melts away. Some people eat the bacon some don't.

Ever thought of a career in torturing, Karen? ;)

Sounds divine Karen ;)

<aside to DD...> perhaps a chorus or two of "the song" in here would be suitable revenge....? <humming> Da deee da ... It's a small world...>

<don't know that one... how does it go?>

Back