Kind of a newbie needing some motivation and help really

AoifeXander

Hi, I've done SW before (and ww, and rosemary conley blah blah blah... you know the score!). I'm feeling a bit down to be honest. Please bear with me, this might be a long story! Always had food problems (ie was a chubby kid!) and at 18 dieted by myself and went from a size 16 to a size 12 and pretty much stayed there til my first child came along. Had her and managed to lose the weight again (plus more!) before falling pg with my second child. After him I got back down to a 14 and felt ok with it. My youngest (third) child is now 3 and I've not managed to get below a size 16 really (well, i managed to get down to a 14 before Christmas and put it all immediately back on again!) So I now need to lose around 1.5-2st ish (1.5 will be great, 2 will be perfect!). I've had more to lose over the years but I always find this last stone or two is the most difficult to shift. I'm not expecting to be a size 12 - in fact, I'm happiest at a size 14 but I just can't seem to stick to anything for more than a week!! This has been the story of my life for years!! I'm a yo-yo dieter (although thankfully its only within the stone mark that it goes on and comes off - I know it could be worse.)

Just recently I tried the "free" weight watchers diet but I just ate far too much and never lost anything (ok, only gave it a week but still!) I've also tried Rosemary Conley again as I lost a good amount on that a few years back but I just feel so hungry most of the time and get so fed up with salad and fruit!! So I'm back here.

I'm greedy. That's a fact. I LOVE my food and like to feel nicely full up but also like to have tasty food and not bland boring food. I have an extremely fussy family who virtually live off oven ready things like chips and nuggets (husband included) and will not accept home made versions so whatever diet I do it means cooking separately for me... another one of my reasons for always falling off the wagon as cooking 2 or 3 different meals drives me to insanity!

When I'm motivated I can stick to SW and I wonder how I ever slip off the wagon! But in reality I know my main downfall... bread and cheese! I LOVE both! I know I can have both but I find it hard. SO I have some questions for you experienced long term people who can stick to it for good.

What do you do about breakfast/lunch? When I'm feeling motivated I'll have either egg on toast or cereal for breakfast and pasta or potato salad type things for lunch, then meat, potato, veg type meals or pasta and chunky veg sauce etc for dinner.... but where I always lapse is that when I'm NOT dieting I would eat toast for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. So to stick to it long term... how would I go about that without using up ALL of my syns on bread!?

I try and think what I'd do when I'm not dieting and try and fit that in as much as possible when I am - just so I'm less likely to fall off the wagon... although it's not been working that well. On a non-diet day I would have a coffee and maybe a smoothie first thing and then grab a couple of slices of toast mid morning - but then by the time lunch comes along I'm very rarely organised enough to have made a pasta salad beforehand so that's where I blow it by having a sandwich. It's usually a wholegrain or wholemeal sandwich with salad and chicken or ham - nothing too bad. I guess l lunch is easier to have the bread - what can I switch the toast for in the morning? When I'm feeling motivated I'd have fruit and yogurt or an omelette but I don't normally have time to cook and the fruit and yogurt I never really fancy so I have to be feeling very motivated to do it. Is there anything else that's easy to grab that doesn't take prior planning? (It's the prior planning that makes me fail diets and I really am not organised enough!)

IF you blow it one day - do you stop all syns for the rest of the week? A friend told me that if I blew it to just get back onto it the following day and keep all your syns because if you ban all syns due to a blow out you're much less likely to keep at it. Makes sense I guess.

How many syns do you have? I always though I only should have between 5 and 10 because I thought 15 was for people who had many more stones to lose? But my friend thinks I should be having 15 as I'm much more likely to stick to it then... but will I lose weight with having 15 syns when I only have 2st to lose???

Um.... think that's it for my questions. Any help would be fabulous as I really need to shift this weight once and for all! xx

Hi

losing weight is is hard no matter how much you have to lose you could try there old plans that way you can get you two bs meaning you can have your toast an still have a sandwich
The syns some say restricting them may slow your weight loss if you have a bad day get back to plan the next an if you want have a few less syns for a few days I think they call it felxi syns

It is hard an you have to plan if your family are fussy try batch cooking an freezing but I always find they say I'm not eating that so I make it for myself an they all seem to want a bit

slimming world is is about a healthy eating plan an putting it in to your life for good it is hard if you have a mental issue with food if you feel hungry but have eaten try a glass of water or find something to occupy yourself in time your stomach will get used to it its just training our minds to

good luck was going to say I hope you do it this time but you will I find coming to this site helps if you ever feel down or on self destruction someone's here with the right words an I always look through the weight loss pics an story's gives me the strength to carry on

Thank you. I'll certainly use this forum for motivation. It really is the pre-planning that i find hard. OK when I've done it. But i just blow it when I haven't had time! x

Try keeping the s/w meals in the freezer that way if you've got nothing in or hungry NOW grab one of those I liked the beef an veg crush I try to get at least 3 days of meals in so I no what I've got

I've heard about these... are they free on EE? I'm a bit rusty when it comes to the rules as I've not been to a class in years! x

I've heard about these... are they free on EE? I'm a bit rusty when it comes to the rules as I've not been to a class in years! x

Yes all the Iceland SW ready meals (and the meatballs and sausages) are free on EE. You'll need to add some speed food though.

If you make up a SW quiche recipe and cook it using the large muffin tins, those keep in the fridge very well for a few days - they're tasty and it's easy to grab one or two for breakfast with some speed fruit. If you don't add pasta, rice, potatoes, peas or corn to your quiche mixture then they're also free on a red/original day, which would give you two HexB's to play with later in the day (sandwich for lunch, potatoes with dinner maybe?). Best of luck! :)

It is just all about planning it dose help if your heads there to a breakfast pot is a good idea to save b I teams mix beans cooked mushrooms sausage an sliced up bacon with tomato in a tub an keep in the fridge then either just heat a bowl or add eggs if you have more time filling as still leaves your b

What I've started doing in regards to breakfast is cook up some scrambled eggs the night before and then when I get to work just heat them up in the microwave. Is there things you can cook up then heat up? Also I know you say your family are picky eaters but when I was younger my mum just gave me what she was eating anyway. If I didn't eat it then I was hungry. I soon learned to eat up. If anything it'll be teaching your family healthy eating, as I doubt oven food is good all the time for them.

I definitely agree about the slimming world quiche idea. It's really tasty and you can pack it full of veggies!

Muller lights might come in handy if you just want a quick snack.

It's also easier to stay focused when there's more of you doing s/w it's not easy an sometimes in a day I feel all I do is cook an eat by the time you've done one meal but planing takes that away

I agree with getting the family to eat more I have a friend who's husband will only eat things like nuggets an there child has followed kids need vegetables and fruits my son don't eat roast but tuff if we're having it so is he as I like to make sure they get some veg now an then x

Back