Hangover food....

Xcaseyx

Hey everyone

So am gunna try not to moan as its all self inflicted, but had the worst day today since joining sw. Had a few to many last night and woke up craving all kinds of junk food! So the cravings were too hard to resist after my friend turned up at my place with lots of pizza and chocolates and now possibly eaten my weight in junk food. Just jumped on scales and seen a 2lb gain :( can it really affect you so quickly? Feeling very pants now and have a Xmas do next sat which will possibly involve more alcohol, feeling like I may try to avoid going so I don't get a gain.
But enough of the moans, plan to get back on sw tomorrow and get my butt down to the gm! Anyone else had gains through excessive alcohol intake or nights out?! How do you manage your hangover cravings? Xx

Hi hun, your weight fluctuates throughout the day - and sometimes not just by a little bit, but occasionally by as much as 5lbs! The varied weight doesn't mean that you have gained weight over the course of the day, it could just temporarily be affected by the amount of food you've ate, fluids you've consumed etc.
Try to always weigh yourself at the same time of the day, my doctor recommends first thing in the morning (after going to the loo), as this is your "true" weight (not affected by food/fluids).

When i'm feeling hungover I always crave big bowls of cereal!:D What about making a SW friendly big breakfast? Bacon, (low-syn) sausages, eggs, HXB toast, tomatoes and baked beans or sweet french toast with lots of yummy toppings, I like summer berries with drizzled honey or maple syrup (or you could have the Magic Oaty Pancakes http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/254814-you-people-need-make-magic-oaty-pancakes.html they make 6-12 pancakes, so you could save some for later if you start getting cravings!:))

Hope this helps hun, xx

Plenty of speed and super speed foods should help Hun.
dont let one bad day ruin your whole week.

I often make my own versions of naughty food I crave, things like pitta bread pizza with homemade chips, homemade burgers with chips, sausage and mash and some treat size chocolate bars x

I crave sweet an salt..... I had SW chips with Nando's chip sprinkle!? Maybe with some garlic chicken!? Also a meringue smashed up with strawberries and FF fromage frais with sweetener!
I can stay to plan during the day and then get nibbly in the night so save my HEX's for then. Hifi's and cheese?

Those are really good ideas, that will really help me for next time! Wish I asked before I ate now, those magic oat pancakes look gorgeous! I start my night shifts tonight, some of your ideas will be helpful when I get the 2am munchies! Thank you feeling really positive about staying on plan now especially as that 2lb gain remained on my scales this morning! :eek: Thanks for your help xx

I love having a green day when I'm hungover - SW chips or jacket pot with 2 x HEXA a cheese and a tin of Heinz ravioli (2.5 syns) sorts me out good and proper. I can also have mug shots and pasta and sauce, something about getting the food out of a packet makes it feel naughty. Hifi light bars (2 for a HEXB) for when I need something sweet. If I really need a take away after all this then a mushroom or veg chow mein is yummy and only about 7 syns I think. Oh and I usually drink my own body weight in Pepsi max!!

Not the most healthy food I know but its all on plan and dirty enough to satisfy my hangover cravings!!

Back