Hannah's Lighter Life!

I totally get what your saying Hannah, Losing the weight is the easy bit realistically. x

I know what you mean. I have been thinking about it a lot lately too. I think that may be why part of me has eaten, to see if it is scary. To be honest it is scary.

I think we just have to accept that until we strat RTM then we wont know what to expect or what we will learn.

I think you do loose weight still on RTM and maybe if you get to where you want to be on Total then RTM will be ok.

god were all getting scared, i was thinking about it earlier today! i still have long way to go before RTM aswell, but dont stop me thinking about it

I was worrying about the RTM and after bit before I even started! I know that's where we're going to have to have our heads together. BUT one step at a time, you've got this far and this is different to any other "diet" you've done before, so things WILL be different when the time comes.

Thanks everyone for the support, am glad i'm not the only one worrying!
Guess we all have 'wobbly' moments where we panic about the future, not just in regards to Lighter Life!
Have had a good weekend, caught up on loads of sleep which i'm feeling much better for. Had worked for over two weeks straight, and was so exhausted. Knackered to the point where the smallest things made me feel emotional which is never good!
Another 10 days of work coming up (have an event next weekend), but am then going home next wednesday for a whole 5 days and can not wait! Haven't seen my dad since the week after I started Lighter Life, and he's my biggest form of support so can't wait to see him. Am also looking forward to being home and away from Manchester for a bit, have felt a bit 'trapped' lately.
Was funny as my housemate said to me today 'oh it'll be funny seeing your parents again, as they haven't seen you since you got skinny'...made me laugh! I'm far from skinny, but she never normally acknowledges that i've lost weight so was nice to hear it!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend :) xxxxx

Euuugh was the only one in the office yesterday and nearly died of boredom, but today my boss is back and compared to yesterday having him here is so much worse! Emailed my Uni last week on behalf of myself and my work friend as were both doing the placement, and asked what would happen if we wanted to change placements. Got an email back saying that we haven't given it long enough (even though we've been here 11 weeks) and got told we shouldn't 'give up after a couple of weeks', and that the Uni is super strict on changing placements, so we would need a really good reason. Was a bit disheartened as sent them quite a honest, 'heartfelt' email explaining that I feel like I am really wasting my placement year. Before we went on placement they were all 'we will do everything we can to make sure you have the best placement year'...but now I think they're just happy to got rid of us, and unless something really bad happens, they don't want to know. Am going home next Wednesday for 5 days and CAN NOT WAIT!!! But at the moment that's all i'm looking forward to, but just worry that when I come back I don't know what i'll have to look forward to. Christmas I guess! Just feel like i'm wishing away a year, and i'm usually all for 'living for the moment', but this job is really sucking out any zest for life i've previously had. Feel completely flat and deflated. Wish I could do something 'Eat Pray Love' style and just escape for a year!!

But anyways, you don't come here to listen to me moan about life, so back to the topic in hand... Lighter Life! Things have been going fine, am looking forward to my weigh in on Thursday. Would be a miracle if I got another 5ibs loss, but would be very happy with 3/4ibs. Will just have to wait and see. Have kept up the jogging 3 times a week, and am now on Week 3 of the Couch to 5K plan. Did it on Monday morning and it left me absolutely knackered! So hopefully it's not so tough tomorrow. Got a bit bored at the weekend, and found myself watching Come Dine With Me marathons! Usually they don't make me feel hungry, but think since i'm starting to get a bit bored with the packs I found it harder as was actually starting to feel hungry and crave random foods like spinach!

xx

WEIGH IN TONIGHT!!!!!!
Fingers crossed for a good loss :)
xxxx

Oooh wish mine was in the morning, always feel you get a more accurate weight when you haven't been eating and drinking all day!

Good luck for Saturday and hope it all goes well with your new LLC :)
xxxx

Aww thank you Lucy!!
Will let you know how I get on :)
xx

I am going to give it until I finish Foundation then if I am not getting anywhere I am going to finish on Exante. I think I will only have about 9 or 10 lbs to go.

Good luck for w/i everyone x

Lost 2ibs, was a tad disappointed at the time, but think after last week I set my hopes quite high.
A loss is still a loss, and it's two less pounds that I need to lose :) xxx

I am still pleased with the loss, think after losing 5 pounds last week I had set my hopes quite high, but obviously can't expect a 5ibs loss every week or i'd be the size of a toothpick!
Just had a really, really bad week and think part of me was hoping for a 3/4 pound loss to cheer myself up a bit. At the moment so much is going on in my life that Lighter Life and my weight feels like the only thing I have control over.

Last time I didn't lose as much weight it was because I was over exercising, so might need to cut back on that a little. Am going to take from now till next Wednesday off, as have a hectic weekend coming up with work, and then am going home for a long weekend next Wednesday night. So will miss my LL meeting next week, but will have my own mini weigh in at home. Weighed myself at home last night to see what the difference between my scales and my LLC's scales is, and it's about a kilogram (strange! but i go by my LLC's scales) so will have a roughly accurate weigh in next week.

My LLC told us last night that our 'foundation meeting' will be on the 2nd of September, then we will move on to developers/RTM. That's technically my week 13. My aim was to lose 4 stone roughly by the end of foundation, if I try to do it before the 2nd of September I need to lose over 3 pounds a week for the next 3 weeks...not sure if it's possible! Will just have to see how it goes. And if I don't get there, remind myself that technically I still have another week of foundation, so won't beat myself up about it! Then i'll move on to developers and try to lose that final stone.

This week truly has been bad. Nothing to do with the diet. The situation with my boss at work has gone from bad to worse, reaching it's peak with him having a ten minute rant at me for no obvious reason that spiralled way out of control. It got extremely personal. After having a go at me he left to go for a meeting, leaving me crying and shaking both in shock. This combined with a variety of other situations which have occured pretty much since I started has left me feeling completely defeated and miserable.

The next day at work he strolled in as though nothing had happened, happy as larry with no word of apology or even acknowledging what happened. I can't stay here for the whole year, but finding a new placement or transferring to my final year at uni are not easy options. I have to explain my case to the Uni, who so far haven't been supportive, it has to be approved, and there is a high chance it won't be. I hate to admit that i've failed at anything, but right now that's exactly how I feel...a failure. I just can't be here anymore, i feel like i'm wasting a year of my life, as well as damaging myself emotionally. I just feel completely emotionally worn out. Although things are bad at the moment, I know it's going to have to get worse to get better and it's not a great feeling!

xxx

Well done Hannah.

2lb is great - my mum always says imagine carrying round a bag of sugar all day! - thats 2lb (according to her) x

Hannah, firstly well done on loosing 2lb you are doing so well!

Secondly, can you record audio on your phone? If so record him next time and ask him for an apology. The if he says no and gets worse you will have some proof to take to your uni. At the very least they should know what he is like for future students who may not be as resilient as you are.

Good luck my lovely, you are being very brave and srtong sticking it out.
xx

whole heartedly agree with Lind.

this guy sounds like he should not be running his own business, he sounds like a bully and a coward. Perhaps you should ask him exactly what his problem is? would someone from uni be party to a conference call or something where you ask him outright whether he deems his behavious as appropriate or professional... reallistically if you were working there you could resign and take him to tribunal.

he should consider that.

Back