Hannah's Lighter Life!

Hannah, I absolutely agree with Lind and PrettyPaula. His behaviour is utterly unacceptable. The idea of recording him on your mobile is really good. When you have approached the uni, have you just spoken to them or have you put anything in writing? I think it would help you to put it on paper anyway, but if they see something in 'black and white' they are less able to ignore it. You're doing so, so well in your weight loss. Think how much strength and determination you have to get this far and don't let the b****** get you down!!

Lind, PrettyPaula and Karamac thank you all for being so supportive! Is in an idiot, how he manages to get through everyday life never fails to amaze me! Love the recording idea Lind.

Things have gone back to 'normal' in the office, he basically never acknowledged what had happened, I held a grudge for a few days, then realised I needed to let it go. If anything remotely like that happens again i'll be straight out the door, but at the moment i'm going to give it a few more weeks (along with my workmate who feels the same way), then if things haven't improved and we still feel like were wasting a year on this placement we are going into Uni to talk to our tutor. Which is making things more bareable as I know i've just got to give it a good go for a few more weeks, things might improve, they may not but at the moment i'm trying to think positively. :)

Little Update!

Feel like I haven't updated this in ageeees but it's only been 5 days!
Just haven't had a lot to say really, things at work are still plodding along and nothing much has changed. But am giving a few more weeks to see if things improve.
Diet is still going well, am going home tonight for a long weekend (5 days at home...CANNOT WAIT!!) Haven't been home since my birthday in June so am ecstatic to be going home. So will weigh myself tomorrow using my scales, after my weigh in last week I weighed myself at home to see what the difference between the two scales is so will get a roughly accurate weigh in! Am 100% certain I won't cheat while i'm home as a) i've got this far without a lapse, and i'm a perfectionist so I just don't think i'd physically be able to put any form of food in my mouth and actually eat it b)my parents have been my biggest support and I know it would disappoint them if i caved it. So all in all it's not going to happen! Plus i've managed to get through some of the toughest weeks of my life this past month without eating so if I can manage that I can manage anything!
Did anybody watch the great British bake off last night? Oh my days the cakes looked amazing!! But drinking my lighter life hot chocolate made it quite barable as seeing chocolate on the screen and drinking a chocolately drink kind of made me feel like I was tasting what I was seeing (if that makes sense!)

Glad you're finding things a bit easier at work. Though once a s**thead allways one I say. So don't let the silly billy man get to you!

I have gone right off food, which is actually a pain right now as I am supposed to be eating. I just don't want anything. I am never hungry and the thought of chocolate or puddings doesn't even excite me!

Have a wonderful weekend lovey lady and I am loving your positive thinking!!

Glad you're finding things a bit easier at work. Though once a s**thead allways one I say. So don't let the silly billy man get to you!

I have gone right off food, which is actually a pain right now as I am supposed to be eating. I just don't want anything. I am never hungry and the thought of chocolate or puddings doesn't even excite me!

Have a wonderful weekend lovey lady and I am loving your positive thinking!!

Thank you! and sorry haven't said this before but hope your ok with your break from LL and it's all going well! You'll be fine :) Just need to put your health first.
xxxxxx

Am absolutely loving being at home! Wish i never had to leave. Am just so chilled out and stress free :) My brother got his exam results this morning and got into his top choice uni so that was a huge relief, am so proud of him!

And I lost 3 pounds! Wohoooo! Well roughly 3 pounds, according to my scales when I weighed myself after my last weigh in it's 4 pounds, but it's 3 pounds less than my LLC's scales so happy days! (if that makes sense!!!)

Am really hoping to lose 8 pounds by the 2nd of September (when my foundation group ends), but am happy to just see how it goes. Am excited as I can kind of see the end, after the 2nd of september i'll do 4 weeks of developers then fingers crossed it'll be RTM time!

Hope everyone is well
xxxxxxx

well done Hannah! 3 pounds is fab, take the time at home to recharge ok? x

well done Hannah! 3 pounds is fab, take the time at home to recharge ok? x

Thanks PrettyPaula! Am definitely feeling so relaxed and happy, love being at home! Just dreading going back to Manchester, but am determined to be positive. New week, new start!

On the Lighter Life side of life (haha that's quite a mouthful to say) things are going great! When my brother got his a-level results on Thursday I made him some celebratory cupcakes (I LOVE to bake and my cupcakes are a bit legendary...) and I managed not to lick the bowl or any icing, absolutely nothing cupcake related passed my lips! I made my vanilla shake to have whilst baking them and strangely drinking it almost made me feel like I was drinking the cupcake batter, YUM!

Parents have been mega supportive, lots of 'you look fab' comments which is nice as people up in Manchester just don't comment. Saw my mum's friend who I haven't seen since, ohh I can't even remember it must have been in May! And she barely recognised me which was fun. She said she'd never seen me so slim (and we went on holiday with her family the last time I lost weight) so am definitely the lowest weight i've been for a while. Love it!

Today I decided to have a major overhaul of my wardrobe at home, need to do the same when I get back to Manchester. Just threw soooo much stuff out, and found an old pair of shorts that I used to live in when I lost weight before, and now they're baggy! Remember trying them on before I went to Turkey on holiday in May and I couldn't get them past my thighs, must admit had a little cry about it as I never ever thought i'd be able to wear them again, i'm just a big ball of emotions at the moment!

So all my old clothes are off to charity which makes me happy, and there's now more space for when I buy clothes when i'm finished!

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend
xxxxx

Am feeling a bit funny today, just have a feeling that I haven't lost any weight this week and i'm not sure why!
The other day I tried some of my mum's black coffee to see if I liked it, and suprisingly I did! So now i've started to drink decaf black coffee with two tablet sweeteners. I've only had one cup today and one cup yesterday, but part of me wonders if it will affect my weight loss. I don't know what makes me think it will, but I think after 11 weeks of only drinking water, to add something new feels a bit 'naughty'...

Also when I was home we ran out of tablet sweeteners, so I used powdered sweetener in one of my black coffees and in a black coffee at Costa yesterday. Then I was reading through an RTM thread as i'm always curious about what i'll be able to eat and when, and it said Week 3: powdered sweetener. So now i'm panicking slightly, I thought tablet sweetener and powdered sweetener where the same thing!

So fingers crossed I have lost weight, I know I probably have but i'm always paranoid!!
Had such a nice weekend at home, came back to work and i'd forgotten how bad it was! But boss has gone out the office for a few hours so am enjoying my decaf coffee catching up with my workmate and just staying positive!
xxxx

Last edited:
Day from hell!
Horrible day at work, boss being an absolute twat as per usual. Then got a call from housemate to let me know that my car window was smashed in last night and tom tom stolen....BRILLIANT.

ooh no hannah, why did you leave your tom tom in the car? had you forgot it was in there?
Hope your day gets a little better x

Hey Tracy!
I usually leave it in the glove box as I used to always forget it when I kept it in the house. I always put all the wires and stuff in the glove box as well so I don't leave any clue's but they must have guessed it was there or just found it when they broke in.
On the plus side though I got to go home two hours early from work as thankfully Autoglass can repair it today, wahoo!

It's just frustrating but at least it's getting fixed today. Made me laugh though as I used to always turn to food in times of stress, but today I completely forgot all about lunch and my workmate had to remind me to eat! Funny how things change!

xxxx

awww bless you! glad you get to go home early...gets you out of that place and away from your horrid boss! so thats a plus hey!

Hope you get the car sorted Han, and well done you for not turning to food! xx

Thanks Tracy!

Had a great afternoon! Autoglass said they would come between 3-6pm to fix the window, and the guy came at 5 past 3 which is very rare! Cannot praise Autoglass enough, they were just brilliant.
He suggested I phoned the police (hadn't planned to as wasn't claiming off my insurance) so gave them a ring just to report it and they sent round a lovely policeman! Before he arrived got a phone call from the forensics department asking if there was any blood in the car, felt like something out of CSI!

So window is fixed, got out of work early and had an exciting afternoon!
Weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed it's a good one, have had 3 black coffee's today so will find out if they affect my weight loss! Am slightly addicted to them already.

glad you got car sorted! yes of course you should have rang police!! good luck for your weigh in Han, got mine tomorrow aswell and have measurements taken (week 6) so im really looking forward to that! x

thanks carrie xx

4 pounds gone, happy happy happy! :)

well done you! i lost 3lbs.....im 1lb off reaching 2 stone :) x

Back