Hannah's Lighter Life!

Feeling for you Hannah. We have a couple of blokes coming to cut our hedge tomorrow and we are out for the day. So I can just about garantee that a 2 day quote will turn into the rest of the week and the husband will have to "shouty" at them!

Bit out of order about the state of the kitchen though. I would complain to you ladlord so they can contact what ever firm is doing the shower.

Hey PrettyPaula!
Just saw your new signature and had to say how much I LOVE Mad Men! Am dying to see the new series.

And also just noticed that we are almost the same height, and have roughly the same weight goals, so good luck for your weight loss journey! Are you doing LL or exante? xxxx

i :heartpump: Mad Men! I want to be Joan when i grow up.

Ssssh but ive been watching the new season online, needless to say its fabulous... got episode 2 to watch tomorrow as i have a day off work.

I'm a wee bit obsessed with 40s/50s style and regularly have vintage hair days at work, one reason why i'm dying to lose the weight is so i can buy more vintage clothing as it runs so small.

exhibit A

37716_410553312474_674987474_4702224_1409726_s.jpg
me after an evening of pin curls :D

We have very similar goals dont we? very exciting i have to say!

I'm on my first day of Exante today, i'm doing a mix of complete packs and some days with one less pack and a v low carb meal like chicken or tuna.

excited for your weigh in! x

Ahhh love your hair Prettypaula!!!! I know am obsessed with Joan, she is just...perfection! Would love to be Christina Hendricks for a day, she is my official girl crush!

Yeah I usually watch it online too, but have spent the last 5 weeks without internet and can't really watch it at work. Thankfully we should finally be getting internet on Friday so i'll be able to catch up.

Exante sounds good, realistically I think in the future after LL if say after a holiday i've put on a bit of a weight, I might use exante to get back to my goal. (i'm quite a forward thinker!) Are the bars nice?
Whens your first weigh in?

I am strangely really excited for my weigh in, it seems to change from week to week from excitement, to nerves, then back again! xx

i have a feeling you are gonna have a great weigh in this week, you seem super positive!

my girl crush is Jillian Michaels.... swoon!

So far i've tried both bars, which are not enjoyable, kinda tasteless but filling, the choc shake which was okay and vanilla shake which was nice made with coffee, and my fave is the mushroom soup so far, i added loads of black pepper and it was really filling and actually very yummy! my first weigh in is monday... no pink on my sticks yet though!

Hope you have a fab day!!

(PS, my diary is in the exante bit if you fancy a peek!) x

The ketostix are slightly addictive aren't they? Haha or is it just me. I bought some for home, as I don't drink as much water on my weigh in days so whenever my LLC made me do a stick sometimes it didn't change colour and she reckoned I was dehydrated. But at home they always change colour so know i'm on track!

Boring day at work today, was searching round the internet randomly and found this I lost 20 kg in 20 weeks | Cosmetic Surgery and Beauty The magazine article I did last time I lost weight! Is so strange to read it...as the way I lost weight then was based on atkins and loads of exercise, bit different to LL. Is funny because at the time I never thought i'd put the weight back on, but guess life happens and here I am again! But now i've been through losing weight, putting it back on, then losing it again i'm even more determined to completely change my lifestyle after LL :)

xxxx

Mad men: I keep meaning to watch it as its HBO and I love most US imports esp Sopranos which I gather mad men has the same writing team.

Anyway, congrats on your losses H. you are doing so well. I still cant get over how time flies when weight is shifting is for the lieks of us.

Hi FF, if you like The Sopranos you will definitely love Mad Men. There is something about American drama series that I just love.

Thanks for the compliment, and well done to you too! 61.25ibs is just a jaw dropping amount! Cant believe i'm on day 60 already, time has literally flown by. Am just wishing I could hibernate from now until Thursday at 7pm, as am just excited for my weigh in! Really not sure why some weeks i'm a nervous wreck and others i'm a bubble of excitement. Time is just going too slowly this week!

Well Han, youre not going to belive this but we have pretty much the same rate of loss. (well you are beating me just)

you are 38/(60-5 I am guessing your recorded weight is from last thursday) =0.69lb per day
Im 61/92 =0.66lb per day.

so when you are where I am you could well be beating me :) now that would be jaw dropping.

Cant wait for weigh day to see what I do this week. Hoping for my 4.5st loss marker which I should hit even if I have the worst loss since I started LL. would love to get back the 4lb and 5lb loss per week. can make all the difference between another £70 at the end of the month.

Keep going, you are doing so well and you are inspiring me to carry on.

Mad men, well I will have to look at buying it once I get thru Oz, then the shield, and then Sopranos again. Just finished the Wire. Im sure Mad men will be going for cheap by then.

Wow FF, your so good at maths! That's so motivating knowing that i'm losing pretty much 3/4 of a pound everyday (obviously it was more in the first few weeks, but overall) So for everyday I stick with the diet it's almost another pound gone!

Good luck getting your 4.5st loss, i'll have my fingers crossed for you, and my toes crossed for me getting my 3st loss! Hopefully it's a lucky week :) Would love to get back to 4/5ibs losses again as well.

xxxx

Well yesterday was quite a monumental/emotional day for me!

I've been wearing a pair of size 16 jeans for the past...can't remember how long, bought them when I went to Scotland and they were a little bit big, they are now far too big and constantly had to tighten my belt to get them to stay up! And they were getting far tooooo baggy, was starting to look silly.

So decided to pop into tesco to see if I could find a cheap pair, and told myself if the size 14's fitted I would buy them as a treat. Picked up a pair of skinny jeans and tried them on, and THEY FIT! And couldn't believe how slim I looked, actually had a little cry as it's the first time it's hit me how much weight i've lost.

Was tempted to buy them in every shade/colour but have bought one pair for now, the size 14's fit well so was even tempted to buy a pair of size 12's to 'aim for' but I need jeans to wear now so will buy a smaller pair if or when I need them.

35629-albums2570-picture15642.jpg

Me and the new jeans! Sorry it's such a bad photo, have lost my camera cable so can only take pics on my phone.

Then went home, and tried on some old dresses which I haven't worn forever and they are all too big now! (Have posted photos in my Lighter Life album)

So yesterday was floating on a little cloud of happiness :character00100:

And am wearing the new jeans today!
xxxx

You look fab Hanmac! Well done on the jeans (and, I love your scarf).
I can finally see other people's pics and profiles now! It's time to get a current pic of me up...
Enjoy your buzz, next stop.. size 12 skinnys for you :)

oh han you look bloody fantastic! ;)

Thank you both! Am looking forward to my weigh in tonight...only 6 hours to go! Haha :) Fingers crossed xxxxx

Thank you for the good wishes, must have worked as I lost 5ibs this week!
Was quite a suprise as i've had my fingers crossed for 4ibs all week, so losing another pound as well was great!!
So managed to hit and go over my 3 stone goal, have now lost 43ibs which is a number I never could have imagined when I started!

And the virgin man came this morning so I finally have internet at home....HALLELUJAH!!
But managed to delete half my signature, and can't remember what it said! Have tried to do it again but it doesn't look the same!

wow well done hanmac thats fantastic, delighted for you honey xx

100% agree with Lind, what an amazing loss Hannah! xx

Thank you all :) The 5ibs loss was quite a surprise!!

Is funny though, as have gone from a week of feeling really positive to feeling a bit low this weekend. I'm so happy that i've lost 3st 1ibs and i've got 26ibs to go, so am going to aim to lose 2 stone.
But have just been thinking about route to management and what it will be like to eat again, and i'm worried. If I get to my goal my BMI will be 24.3 which is healthy. But then when I begin eating again i'll put all the gyclogen back on i'm guessing, and i'm beginning to panic that maybe I should lose a little bit more to give me more of a buffer during RTM. But will that take it too far? I have no clue what i'll look like when I reach my goal, and I think part of me has become so fixated on getting a healthy BMI. But BMI is just a number right?
I also found out on Thursday that technically my group is on week 11, so i'm a week behind. I know it sounds daft but I thought we would all get our 14 weeks in foundation, but the group stops when we get to week 14/my week 13 so i'll have to move on to developers. It's all just a bit confusing really! So think I have 4 more weeks on Foundation, then am planning to do another 4 weeks on developers.

I think the problem is that I am just looking too far ahead and making myself panic about stuff that I shouldn't worry about until it happens! Lately LL seems to be all I think about and it's starting to become a bit of an obsession. Think I need to calm down a bit, and realise that there is more to life than losing weight. But I'm still very happy on LL and have no plans to stop any time soon!

I do think weight loss is addictive and I think since on LL you lose the weight so fast that you don't realise how much you've lost (if that makes sense?) I look at myself in the mirror and know i've lost 3 stone, but sometimes I find it hard to see it.

I just need to remember how far i've come, and although there is still a bit of a way to go I need to focus on the present, and not worry about the future.
xxx

Back